Page 36 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast

DC chose the wrong time to release Doomsday Clock it seems

Master Hero Vladimir

Quote Originally Posted by Lvenger View Post
    DC chose the wrong time to release Doomsday Clock it seems
    What makes you say that?

Quote Originally Posted by HeroVladimir93 View Post
    What makes you say that?
    See MilesToGo's comment and its relation with Batman Damnation's Batawang controversy.

BANNED

Doomsday Clock#7

spoilers:
    Superman makes cameo appearances on the news and later in Manhattan's vision at the end of the book. Apparently Clark loses all hope and is furious with the Doc in this vision, the world will apparently fall apart around them as they confront each other, he raises a clenched fist and...then nothing. Manhattan can't see past this moment, and he asks himself, does Superman destroy him, or does he destroy everything?

Also, Reggie mails something to Lois over at the Daily Planet
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 09-26-2018 at 12:33 AM.

Spectacular Member

Man... this Doomsday Clock is horrible.
    I think, maybe a pretty decent idea, but really handled in a poor poor way...

5 to go. Thank God

Superman needs to make Dr. Manhattan pay for all the deaths he has caused and bizarre time-space manipulations.

Likely at this point that Dr. Manhattan did a little tinkering after Superman's death to prevent the creation of Kon. Some bid to keep Superman unsullied or something by not having had his DNA manipulated.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

They're putting a lot of emphasis on Supes being the only trusted hero in a year's time at DC. If the world turns on him, that can deal him a big blow...but what if Lois is among those who turn on him?

Keep in mind the closing shots of the issue are of the photograph of Jon and his first love. If you've read Watchmen, you know things ended pretty badly for them, they fell out of love and she developed cancer from intimate contact with Jon.

Lois developing cancer was also one of the futures glimpsed in "Black Dawn", so if she doesn't turn on Clark, that potential illness might still crush him

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    she developed cancer from intimate contact with Jon.
    This is untrue. It was a lie Adrian made up to deal mental distress to Jon. In reality Adrian gave her cancer.

It honestly seems like no one will be or is currently suffering from cancer in this book.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Fantastic Member

They're putting a lot of emphasis on Supes being the only trusted hero in a year's time at DC. If the world turns on him, that can deal him a big blow...but what if Lois is among those who turn on him?

Keep in mind the closing shots of the issue are of the photograph of Jon and his first love. If you've read Watchmen, you know things ended pretty badly for them, they fell out of love and she developed cancer from intimate contact with Jon.

Lois developing cancer was also one of the futures glimpsed in "Black Dawn", so if she doesn't turn on Clark, that potential illness might still crush him
    Not quite. Janey Slater got cancer through gradual poisoning by Veidt as part of the plan to discredit Manhattan. If there were a turn from Lois, that would suggest to me it has been a manipulated one. And that may be one of the reveals later, with regard to the different lives of Superman and things that went on in the New 52.

Quote Originally Posted by AntoKent17 View Post
    Man... this Doomsday Clock is horrible.
    I think, maybe a pretty decent idea, but really handled in a poor poor way...

5 to go. Thank God
    Ha. I feel the opposite. I think "Watchmen meets the DCU" is a terrible idea (and so is any kind of followup to Watchmen). But so far (I haven't read the latest issue yet) I've been enjoying it a lot more than I thought I would. But I'm dreading Clark's arrival since I usually dislike how Johns handles the character, so this might be the turning point for me. We'll see how it goes. I've been expecting the worst and been pleasantly surprised so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Superman needs to make Dr. Manhattan pay for all the deaths he has caused and bizarre time-space manipulations.
    I definitely agree that Manhattan needs to pay for what he's done, but I'm not at all convinced he's the actual big bad. I think there's something else out there screwing with the DCU and Manhattan has been trying to counter it. He's used very questionable methods, he's murdered countless lives in potential timelines and broken reality.....but I think the thing he's up against is even worse. And the heroes will have to join up with the Watchmen to defeat the true threat.

I don't see DC making one of the Watchmen (other than maybe Ozymandias or Comedian because obvs) a straight up villain. Not even they could be that tone-deaf. And while the good Doctor was always a "ends justify the means" sorta guy, he's not trying to erase whole realities just for kicks. So whatever evil Manhattan has done.....he's had a good reason for it.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    This is untrue. It was a lie Adrian made up to deal mental distress to Jon. In reality Adrian gave her cancer.

It honestly seems like no one will be or is currently suffering from cancer in this book.
    I stand corrected. Sorry.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

I stand corrected. Sorry.
    No reason to apologize. Honest mistake.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    No reason to apologize. Honest mistake.
    Yeah, it's been a while since I read it...and I have a terrible habit of speed reading at the best of times, so certain things often slip by me.

Still, I definitely think Jon's relationship with Slater may play some role in something happening with Lois and Clark.