Page 219 of 434 FirstFirst ... 119169209215216217218219220221222223229269319 ... LastLast
Results 3,271 to 3,285 of 6499

Quote Originally Posted by Sunfire View Post
    Destiny might be the best part of the issue
    Without a doubt truthfully.

spoilers:
    Hm. No, I really don't like retconning one of the X-Men's longtime non-powered allies into a mutant from the get go, and I don't think anything Hickman does here is going to get rid of that initial distaste.

That said, one of the rules of long-form storytelling is that if you take something away, it had better open a door to more stories. And this does so in a big way. So while I don't like it, I can't deny that it's intriguing and I'm going to keep reading to see where it goes.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    spoilers:
    Hm. No, I really don't like retconning one of the X-Men's longtime non-powered allies into a mutant from the get go, and I don't think anything Hickman does here is going to get rid of that initial distaste.

That said, one of the rules of long-form storytelling is that if you take something away, it had better open a door to more stories. And this does so in a big way. So while I don't like it, I can't deny that it's intriguing and I'm going to keep reading to see where it goes.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Considering she was a corpse, I don't see the harm. Moria has been dead for years now and the franchise actually moved on away from her having importance. I remember the early cover reveal and some fans not having clue who she was on the cover. You can have distaste I guess but she went from dead girlfriend of Xavier with slight importance, To alive and huge big time player in the X-world. I don't see how that is not a improvement.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    The multiple Moiras from the cover makes so much sense now. The answer was right in front of us!
    end of spoilers

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I actually really, really liked this.

spoilers:
    Also the stealth reveal that Moira X is still alive was the most surprising part of this issue to me. I would have expected that to be something that happened on-panel, not in prose. I wonder where she's at right now? What she's doing?
    end of spoilers
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I actually really, really liked this.

spoilers:
    Also the stealth reveal that Moira X is still alive was the most surprising part of this issue to me. I would have expected that to be something that happened on-panel, not in prose. I wonder where she's at right now? What she's doing?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Adding to that it is interesting is that Proteus is alive allied with Krakoa according Hox 1, I would guess she is around too right?
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 08-07-2019 at 01:24 AM.

BANNED

Holy fuuuuuuuuckkkkkk

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    spoilers:
    Adding to that it is interesting is that Proteus is alive alined Krakoa according Hox 1, I would guess she is around too right?
    end of spoilers
    Awkwarddddddd

spoilers:
    It’s crazy how much this doesn’t relate to the Astonishing Soule-Men run even when all the parts are there. I might reread that. Especially those Proteus/Moira scenes
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Kurisu View Post
    spoilers:
    The multiple Moiras from the cover makes so much sense now. The answer was right in front of us!
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    So true!

But... what about Moira VI?

And Moira IX : how did she die in that "endless war"? Isn't there a cover hinting that one future issue could be about her?

Back to Moira X, is Proteus a part of the plan? (Some part of the story involving Proteus and Franklin at some point?...)

Finally, will the right choice be made, and will there be a Moira XI as Destiny suggested?
    end of spoilers
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !

spoilers:
    Anyone else wondering how Moira keeps starting at Oxford at the age of 15? ;-)
    end of spoilers

BANNED

Unspoilered comments: I'm very happy with this. I knew something very big had to be up with Moira, who has been a favorite character since I was a very small child. This makes her integral to the mythos now and forever. And it changes the books forever on a macro and meta level. I wonder what Claremont thinks.

spoilers:
    No one can ever do another boring Sentinel dystopia future story again without being slaved to this: the AI singularity, the predestination and Moira's work to stop it. On a meta level, this deconstructs the repetitive, tired nature of the time travel schema of the franchise and all its other 'old ways of thinking' - Charles', Magneto's, Apocalypse's - and makes it so they can never work again. Good.

The first questions now:

What is Life 6?

Why Proteus in Life 10? Did Moira engineer the birth of Proteus? For a purpose?

What did Moira and Charles recruit Magneto for? The 'recruitment' and schism in the timeline comes years after Charles and Erik met.

What is with the timeline discrepancy? Could just be a continuity gaffe, but: "Genocide in Genosha" under Morrison is listed as coming a year before Moira fakes her own death with a "Shi'ar golem." In reality, Moira's death ended the Claremont Revolution run in 2000-2001 and led directly to Morrison and E is for Extinction, which destroyed Genosha. Moira's death was merely a few small months before Genosha.
    end of spoilers

Woo! Exciting fucking times. The best these books have been in many, many, many years.

By the way, I think the Krakoan for PoX#4 says:
    spoilers:
    This is what you do
    end of spoilers

Just read this issue. I read the spoilers yesterday, but they did not do the issue justice. This was incredible. I didn't think Hickman could top what he accomplished with House of X #1. I'm so glad I was wrong.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    spoilers:
    Anyone else wondering how Moira keeps starting at Oxford at the age of 15? ;-)
    end of spoilers
    Until 2005 ( I think) Oxford had no lower age limit on admissions - if a potential student had the results and could prove they were good enough then Oxford would admit them - a 12 year old attended back in the 1980's and a 14 year old was there in 2005

Fantastic Member Legaldrugdealer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Just read this issue. I read the spoilers yesterday, but they did not do the issue justice. This was incredible. I didn't think Hickman could top what he accomplished with House of X #1. I'm so glad I was wrong.
    How did you read this already? On the main marvel app? It’s not on comiXology or Amazon