Page 1427 of 1428 FirstFirst ... 427927132713771417142314241425142614271428 LastLast
Results 21,391 to 21,405 of 21418

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    That only assumes that there was anything to step outside for! Robin was never meant to be a training program for future heroes. Robin is a hero in his own right. Earth 2 Dick Grayson kept the Robin identity until adulthood and was proud to do it. With all the decades of 'You're not a sidekick, you're a partner' talk between Batman and Robin... Getting the title yanked away for a murderer was pretty low.

Did Damian need to be redeemed? Maybe?? Maybe he needed to be locked in a dark hole to rot... but if they DO decide to try to train him, He should have gotten his own title.
    Tim always loved Robin, way before becoming him, and probably he never wanted to go further, that's why he kinda kept the name. But, what could have added to the character being Dick's partner again? He became Red Robin and started his search for Bruce, something that couldn't have done being Batman's partner.
    Being Robin is great, growing up and changing identity is great too. As you pointed out, in the old Earth 2 Dick never leaved the Robin mantle... that's why we don't have a Tim Drake there.
    I get he was totally disappointed when Dick chose Damian, but, reading Reb Robin, it's clear that in the end he understood why he did that. He is smart enough, and enough a hero to understood that Damian needed to be saved. He was Bruce's son, after all. A kid who lost everything because he chose to follow his father path. Which kind of hero are you if you refuse to save someone? He loose the mantle for someone else sake, he went through his own path and showed he was right about Bruce being alive. I really don't get what's wrong with that.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I'm not... really seeing... which part is new? ...Oh, the chest part got thick, and there's no more little birdie.

Yea this is better. The old chest line's too thin
    I think the new part is the blue stripe on his forearms.

But that is a cover of Titans#24. Based on the leaks from Amancay Nahuelpan's Twitter, Dick's uniform remains the same in Nightwing.
    4CABA404-48BB-4B84-8A2D-E5E1A68D22CC.jpg

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Did Damian need to be redeemed? Maybe?? Maybe he needed to be locked in a dark hole to rot... but if they DO decide to try to train him, He should have gotten his own title.

Dick made the right choice. What was Robin created for? What was it used for in the case of Dick, Jason and Damian? Like a friend who uses your spare bed for storage Tim's writer's altered the purpose of the mantle to suit their needs.

When the time arose for Robin to do what it was created for and designed to do I personally was disappointed to find Tim acting more like an unfeeling child and less like a hero.

The only thing I disagree with was the way it was sprung on Tim with Damian already in uniform.
    Last edited by CPSparkles; 08-03-2018 at 09:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by L.H. View Post
    Tim always loved Robin, way before becoming him, and probably he never wanted to go further, that's why he kinda kept the name. But, what could have added to the character being Dick's partner again? He became Red Robin and started his search for Bruce, something that couldn't have done being Batman's partner.
    Being Robin is great, growing up and changing identity is great too. As you pointed out, in the old Earth 2 Dick never leaved the Robin mantle... that's why we don't have a Tim Drake there.
    I get he was totally disappointed when Dick chose Damian, but, reading Reb Robin, it's clear that in the end he understood why he did that. He is smart enough, and enough a hero to understood that Damian needed to be saved. He was Bruce's son, after all. A kid who lost everything because he chose to follow his father path. Which kind of hero are you if you refuse to save someone? He loose the mantle for someone else sake, he went through his own path and showed he was right about Bruce being alive. I really don't get what's wrong with that.
    There's nothing wrong with it. If Red Robin was a success/ had a regular book then none of these fans would be complaining.
    It's just sour grapes that Tim as Red Robin took off then dropped back down to earth so some blame it on him not being Robin and Damian.

Understandable but petty. Robin doesn't belong to Tim and never did.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Jason's redesign is hilarious. He looks like a 90s biker character.
    Someone on another thread just pointed out that he's got Dick's new YJ mask.

BANNED

Oh, so now it's not Bucky's mask any longer?

Quote Originally Posted by Lazurus33 View Post
    DC Explains Why Nightwing is The Most Important Hero

https://screenrant.com/nightwing-bes...perhero-comic/
    Now DC I just Actions to back up your words. I Know Dick was MVP no 2 at SDCC but until the movie is out and he [and his team] get better treatment in the Titans comics then it's just words.

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    Oh, so now it's not Bucky's mask any longer?

Can't it be both? I saw the Bucky before I saw the YJ Dick to be honest.

Everybody getting some of that Bucky action

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    There's nothing wrong with it. If Red Robin was a success/ had a regular book then none of these fans would be complaining.
    It's just sour grapes that Tim as Red Robin took off then dropped back down to earth so some blame it on him not being Robin and Damian.

Understandable but petty. Robin doesn't belong to Tim and never did.
    Well, we still don't know how long Damian is going to be Robin.
    It's kinda sad what's happening to Tim, but it's not Damian or Dick' fault... It's like I'm gonna blame the JL or Dick himself for Abnett's bad writing.
    What I like in Priest writing is that he understands the character's feeling, and I totally agree with his taken of the whole batfam (we're still missing his Jay, Babs, Cass and Steph, but I'm sure he can catch their voice too). I want him to write more about them, especially Dick.

Extraordinary Member

It's kinda sad what's happening to Tim, but it's not Damian or Dick' fault... It's like I'm gonna blame the JL or Dick himself for Abnett's bad writing.
    What I like in Priest writing is that he understands the character's feeling, and I totally agree with his taken of the whole batfam (we're still missing his Jay, Babs, Cass and Steph, but I'm sure he can catch their voice too). I want him to write more about them, especially Dick.
    I don't see a new robin for a good while, esp in this age where heroes don't age, he will have the mantle for quite some time
    Its not Damian or Dick fault that Tim has no wher to go, cant forge his brand it happens to a lot of heroes their is not enough spotlight

Quote Originally Posted by Onthetrapeze View Post

But that is a cover of Titans#24. Based on the leaks from Amancay Nahuelpan's Twitter, Dick's uniform remains the same in Nightwing.
    ....*Is* that a new costume? I thought he'd had the blue diagonal bits on his forearms and legs since Rebirth?

It's a fine variation on Dick's suit either way. Nightwing's got one of the best costumes at DC I think, and there's a lot of ways to tweak it without even coming close to it being unrecognizable or off-base. But honestly, I was hoping for something a little different this time. A bigger risk and change.

Honestly, that page someone posted a page or two back where Dick is all "I'm gonna fight crime and look friggin fabulous while I do it and you can't stop me, Bruce!" made me realize that Dick really does have a flamboyant sense of style. From Robin with the short shorts and pixie boots to the Discowing costume......dude's got flair. As much as I love the black-blue suit we've had since Dixon (just shortly before actually) I'd like to see a little more of that in his costume.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    ....*Is* that a new costume? I thought he'd had the blue diagonal bits on his forearms and legs since Rebirth?

It's a fine variation on Dick's suit either way. Nightwing's got one of the best costumes at DC I think, and there's a lot of ways to tweak it without even coming close to it being unrecognizable or off-base. But honestly, I was hoping for something a little different this time. A bigger risk and change.

Honestly, that page someone posted a page or two back where Dick is all "I'm gonna fight crime and look friggin fabulous while I do it and you can't stop me, Bruce!" made me realize that Dick really does have a flamboyant sense of style. From Robin with the short shorts and pixie boots to the Discowing costume......dude's got flair. As much as I love the black-blue suit we've had since Dixon (just shortly before actually) I'd like to see a little more of that in his costume.
    nah,pretty sure the alteration on his forearms wasn't there.

According to DC's current aesthetic theory like giving Red Hood a hoodie because 'that is in his name!', you know what they will give Dick if fans ask for some significant change of his uniform right?

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

4CABA404-48BB-4B84-8A2D-E5E1A68D22CC.jpg
    Oh, there's the chest birdie, but yeah, the chest line is thicker, more similar to the classic costume. The Rebirth design by Javier Fernandez has a really thin line and people commented on it back then.

5394460-4c0b56bcc49c44c825b69eeadda8570a.jpg

It also didn't have arm stripes.

So at this point, Dick has gone through finger stripes, hip stripes, shin stripes and arm stripes. Which stripes will they try next?

nah,pretty sure the alteration on his forearms wasn't there.

According to DC's current aesthetic theory like giving Red Hood a hoodie because 'that is in his name!', you know what they will give Dick if fans ask for some significant change of his uniform right?
    Dick stripes! That's it!

No... wait... they already gave him crotch arrow.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 08-04-2018 at 06:01 AM.

We don't how long Damian will be Robin but we know he has already been replaced. I'm not a Signal Fan but I don't blame him for Damian being exciled to the Superman office just like I don't blame Damian for Tim's plight.

Characters have to stand by their own merit. Robin only ever belonged to Dick. Everyone else was/is just a place holder.

Damian hasn't been under the Bat office since before the nu52. Tim has been Bruce's partner for the last 2 years now so it's stupid and false for people to keep blaming Damian. Trends and tastes have changed. We are no longer in the 90's maybe Tim just isn't as interesting, as relatable or as appealing as he once was.

I like Priest writing too but I'm not sure if everyone gets it. He keeps characterisations too close to the edge. It's easy to misunderstand him.
    Last edited by CPSparkles; 08-04-2018 at 06:25 AM.

@RestingVoice Butt stripes?
    Last edited by CPSparkles; 08-04-2018 at 06:21 AM.