Page 22 of 48 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
    I seriously doubt there would be much complaining if that were the case. Especially since despite all this talk of a nostalgia movement the rosters are very light on classic characters.
    If u want a more traditional team line up read Gold?

Marvel needs to make a Jean Grey: Reunion miniseries where she reunites with old friends and gets caught up. They also need a girls night out issue in that mini featuring Jean, Rachel, Kitty, and Storm -- some of her best friends.

Also, she needs to have a heart2heart with Emma in that series.

I'll be reading this because I'm interested, but I can't help but be a little underwhelmed as well? There's just no synergy to this lineup. Out of the entire cast, it feels like the only people who have any connection with each other at all is Jean and Kurt, and even then it'd be a bit of a stretch to say their history is all that involved.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I only care for Jean, so i don't mind the boring cast
    Lmao. Team could be interesting but Gabby is a weird choice. I'm already meh on Laura.

Interesting team. I will get this simply because Taylor is killing it on All New Wolverine. And props to Kurt for teleporting free of guggenheim's hand, if only he could have taken his girl Storm with him. Damn you Kurt and Jean. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Illyanas2 View Post
    I realy like the design of the new characther and hope she sticks around, the x-men need more black women on their rosters (and stop ignoring cecilia and frenzy)
    I'd honestly rather see those two again, because new characters rarely appear after their creator leaves. It's always thesame with the X-men.
    Every new writer wants to create new mutants and they're almost always forgotten as soon as the writer leaves.
    Editors should be trying to reduce the number of characters in limbo, not the opposite.

New character is a girl from India.

So we have an Atlantean, an American, a Canadian (?), Gabby, an Indian and a Wakandan.

Incredible Member Agatha's Ghost's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ButterRum View Post
    Marvel needs to make a Jean Grey: Reunion miniseries where she reunites with old friends and gets caught up. They also need a girls night out issue in that mini featuring Jean, Rachel, Kitty, and Storm -- some of her best friends.

Also, she needs to have a heart2heart with Emma in that series.
    The covers for her resurrection mini suggests that she attacks and maims most of them.

Quote Originally Posted by mojotastic View Post

So we have an Atlantean, an American, a Canadian (?), Gabby, an Indian and a Wakandan.
    And Kurt is German.

BANNED

At the very least Laura has split US/Canada citizenship. Sarah was American, and although we never got an exact location, the Facility appears to have been based in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Agatha's Ghost View Post
    The covers for her resurrection mini suggests that she attacks and maims most of them.
    lololol

10char

india, hm? thats interesting.

BANNED

Where'd you hear that?

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Pretty underwhelmed by the cast, but I guess it will all be in the execution. The only character I'm really excited about is Namor - he always brings interesting dynamics to any team and I like it when they reaffirm his allegiance to the mutants.

I love Nightcrawler but I feel he hasn't been interesting in ages - I hope this book can give him a bit of spotlight. I also love Laura but I see her more in an X-Force-type of book. Gabby is cute and all but with so many interesting X-characters currently in limbo I could do without the clone of a clone. Gentle is OK I guess, not particularly interested in him but it's good to get one of the New X-Men acknowledged at least.

With no info on how they all come together, the roster seems very random, missing all the characters Jean would normally want by her side if she was running a team, but I guess we'll have to wait and see how it all plays out in the 12/24 issues before the next inevitable relaunch

Quote Originally Posted by Illyanas2 View Post
    I realy like the design of the new characther and hope she sticks around, the x-men need more black women on their rosters (and stop ignoring cecilia and frenzy and idie)
    Apparently, Trinary is from India and I don't think we've had a mutant from India yet (we had Omega Sentinel and Dr. Rao but neither are mutants and both are in limbo). I do agree with you though. I can count the amount black female mutants on one hand (I think) and that shouldn't be a thing.