Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Marvel/Hickman seems more interested in pushing blonde hair blue eyed whitebread 1percenter eliteist snob Mama Frost than dealing with diversity within the x-universe. After all everyone knows Emma is the perfect metaphor and stand-in for minorities. Don't expect much of anything if you're a Storm or Bishop fan, Berto and Monet? well he says he likes them, we will see if they get to do anything other than be token wallpaper. Diversity is out the window for the foreseeable future, the age of Emma is upon us.
    Sunspot and Monet are on his top 5 favorite characters; Sunspot was a really big character on his avengers run.
    But these are only 2. Bishop was just back to having atention and on main x-men books.
    Marvel has been pushing a lot the white characters, specially Emma and Scott since morrison in detriment of POC characters

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Well with Monet, it depends on her getting to stay black (or brown for some people). Or whether she'll be a white woman next time we see her.
    Attachment 82606
    Attachment 82607
    She doesn't look very black on the cover

maybe it is the light

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Sunspot and Monet are on his top 5 favorite characters; Sunspot was a really big character on his avengers run.
    But these are only 2. Bishop was just back to having atention and on main x-men books.
    Marvel has been pushing a lot the white characters, specially Emma and Scott since morrison in detriment of POC characters

maybe it is the light
    I think she has a somewhat brownish look. But I am comparing her to Jean, Scott, and Logan. I'm cool with her being light brown like Phalanx Covenant or how she looked at some points in Weapon X.
    Light Brown.jpg

Putting them side-by-side for example, she doesn't quite as light as Jean.
    Comparison.jpg
    And an issue I have noticed, which someone mentioned on twitter is how colorists don't do well with showing how light reflects off someone with melanin and rather than doing it properly, they'll just lighten the character's skin all together. Like on the cover, Kurt has one side of his face blue, and the other side completely gold. lol

Hickman said he loved Monet from the GenX days. So I am hoping he will take Monet's coloring back to the GenX days where she was consistently a woc with only a few exceptions / flubs.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 05-21-2019 at 12:16 PM.

BANNED

I see the Jean fans are still outraged at Hickman for liking Emma and now she's blamed for the whiteness of the books.

Some galaxy brained takes there, fellas.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    I see the Jean fans are still outraged at Hickman for liking Emma and now she's blamed for the whiteness of the books.

It is wrong to blame this stuff on Emma but not all Jean fans are doing this.

Could it be the writers not really caring about diversity in a franchise full of minority allegories that hit its zenith when it became more diverse? Could it be editors not incentivizing it among their talent?

No.
    It's the fault of the white cartoon characters. They really call the shots.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Marvel/Hickman seems more interested in pushing blonde hair blue eyed whitebread 1percenter eliteist snob Mama Frost than dealing with diversity within the x-universe. After all everyone knows Emma is the perfect metaphor and stand-in for minorities. Don't expect much of anything if you're a Storm or Bishop fan, Berto and Monet? well he says he likes them, we will see if they get to do anything other than be token wallpaper. Diversity is out the window for the foreseeable future, the age of Emma is upon us.
    How do you know any of this? you haven't read the run. you don't know who will shine

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

X-Men franchise is like 90% white. These frauds dug their own graves when they became X-Men fans.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post

maybe it is the light
    We don't know who is going to shine on hickman's run. you talk about them pushing white characters, it's because they all just came back. Scott, Logan and Jean all were recently resurrected. can't people just enjoy a book and not cry about diversity?

It is so wrong to hate or blame Emma or Cyclops for being white.
    I don't even like Emma but this is ridiculous to be honest
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 05-21-2019 at 01:06 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    It is wrong to blame this stuff on Emma but not all Jean fans are doing this.
    I'm not one to make sweeping statements and I did not mean to offend you in any way, love. But since I may have done it, I apologize.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    X-Men franchise is like 90% white. These frauds dug their own graves when they became X-Men fans.
    Pretty much, sadly LMAO

It's actually possible to make mainly white franchises less white without knocking prominent caucasian characters aside, and X-Books could do it if people actually tried, but I guess if a problem's been around long enough, you don't have to do anything about it, even if you can. But I will happily take a world where diversity is the biggest problem with X-Books, unlike recent years where it's been knocked out of top 10. It'll just remain one of the things the Avengers do better.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    It's actually possible to make mainly white franchises less white without knocking prominent caucasian characters aside, and X-Books could do it if people actually tried, but I guess if a problem's been around long enough, you don't have to do anything about it, even if you can. But I will happily take a world where diversity is the biggest problem with X-Books, unlike recent years where it's been knocked out of top 10. It'll just remain one of the things the Avengers do better.
    Black Panther is the MVP of the Avengers even with Cap, Thor, Stark and Danvers around. Robbie's plot is one of the most important parts of the book. In Hickman's Avengers, BP was one of the major players, through New Avengers and Secret Wars. Sunspot had a really good character arc.

But people have this binary mentality that you need to knock some character down to prop another. Which is why certain posters cling so hard to Bishop, of all characters, since he's the new challenger to Scott's "throne".

I'm not one to make sweeping statements and I did not mean to offend you in any way, love. But since I may have done it, I apologize.
    No worries, sorry if i was rude.

The most white bread slave owner fantasy character is Jean Grey. Stones and glass houses and all being propped up at the expense of minorities in the alleged team book X-Men red

Black Panther is the MVP of the Avengers even with Cap, Thor, Stark and Danvers around. Robbie's plot is one of the most important parts of the book. In Hickman's Avengers, BP was one of the major players, through New Avengers and Secret Wars. Sunspot had a really good character arc.

But people have this binary mentality that you need to knock some character down to prop another. Which is why certain posters cling so hard to Bishop, of all characters, since he's the new challenger to Scott's "throne".
    Who will rule the Iron Throne of Sophie Turner? No one, because with heels she's too tall. Super goddamn tall.