Page 79 of 92 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 1370
    All-New Member

Hi all, I used to post on here from around 2003 to 2006 as Thanos6383. Been out of the loop for a good while. Hope everyone is doing great.

Jaymz here from Oklahoma...I'm 44 and just getting into the comic world...always liked the superhero genre, just never got into the whole comic book thing, until recently....took my daughter to Free Comic Book day at one of our local shops so she could see the different people dressed up in character..she likes Spiderman.....while there I got to looking around and always wanted to read some of the graphic novels, so I picked up a few.....now i'm hooked. I have a lot to learn...is why I'm here. I have always been a big fan of Batman, Superman, and of course, the Avengers and Ironman.

I am currently reading the Infinity Gauntlet series and then the Infinity wars...want to read the original stories....very interested in the Civil War series as as well.....there are so many different stories, not sure where to start with some of them...in particular...Batman. Hope to learn some things on here.

Hello, everyone! I was trying to set up a new account but didn't realize my old one was still active, so I thought I'd introduce myself! I'm 34 years young, currently working as a hotel front desk associate, but on the hunt for something bigger and better. As you can probably tell from my avatar, I'm a big fan of Gambit! Also a long-time fan of Star Wars, Power Rangers, and Nintendo. I've been on older versions of the forums before under various usernames but both of those accounts fizzled out after a while. Planning to stick around and be part of the discussion this time!

All-New Member

HELLO, I am new here . i have read comics since the 80s . not so much in the last 8 or 10 yrs . i have just decided to start reading again . i hate to make my first post negative , but what ive seen isnt very good at least from dc and marvel . batman is so bad its almost painful , am i missing some thing ? amazing spider-man is ok . x-men writing is bad and even though i liked greg land on sojourn hes not gotten better . fantastic four seems pretty good . marvel comics presents is pretty good , but i just read a punisher comic and could hardly tell who was frank castle .
    i would be happy to hear some suggestions for new comics to read , thanks

Hi!

I grew up reading a mix of Disney comics and, later on, a number of mid-1990s X-men titles, particularly around the Age of Apocalypse era, but eventually left the hobby behind shortly after the end of Scott Lobdell's run. For the curious, I did pick up a few DC titles from time to time, such as the Death of Superman saga, Zero Hour and occasionally some Batman books, etc, yet I wouldn't really say that made up most of my reading at that point in history.

Honestly, I even used to read thorugh Wizard magazine and shrug at a lot of comics that sounded cool but which I never had the real opportunity to purchase for myself.

Thanks to digital sales, I've been on something of a late return to comics over the past three years after not reading much on a consistent basis. In a few words, I am finding a lot of interesting developments both in and outside of the big two giant companies. so I hope to have a good time commenting and discussing the current state of the medium (as well as catching up on many classic stories that I had never really read before).
    Last edited by Souther; 05-27-2019 at 05:44 PM.

All-New Member

Hello everyone! I finally decided to set up an account here after lurking on and off for years.

My names Brady, I live in Arizona and work in sales. Going back to school to get into a completely different line of work now (Gotta love what you do, after all).
    I started collecting comics back in the mid 1980's. Lived on a farm in Missouri and the town had two general stores, one of which sold comics. Only DC and Archie, and I bought everyone they had whenever we'd go.
    Started out with Justice League of America, but fell in love with Blue Beetle. Voraciously gobbled up Warlord, Booster Gold, Teen Titans.
    Later got into the Green Hornet from Now Comics and when Dark Horse started out with Indiana Jones and such. Branched off with Danger Girl at the end of the 90's, Madame Mirage from Top Cow, and even some underground comics like Cherry Poptart by Larry Welz.
    Can't get into the new DC stuff and it breaks my heart. But I'm enjoying some of the stuff from Dynamite (James Bond) and European comics like the Cinebook translations (XIII, Largo Winch, etc.)

Spectacular Member

Hello I've been to this site many times but finally decided to sign up after being on superhero hype. This site has the most updated forums for heroes. The wonder woman thread is what got me. Its lovely! Comic vine nor superhero hype doesn't have the variety of heroes topics like here. I do love all three sites for different reasons. Cbrs forum traffic can't be topped this site's users are constantly posting I loooooove it here! <3

Near Long Island. No Circus Pizza, though.

I'm Danielle, a self-conscious non-binary teenager with Asperger's syndrome who has loved DC since childhood when she played Scribblenauts Unmasked and has recently been getting back into Marvel. I LOVE Cyborg, Grid, Scorch of the Doom Patrol, Hawkeye, Black Panther, and Falcon. Toonami Faithful too. I may seem weird to you at first but once you get to know me, I'm a great friend. I have anger issues; however, all I need to do is sing any song by Moloko (my favorite group) and I'll calm down. I can speak fluent Japanese. I want to one day write at DC. I also draw, but my level is of an average 11th grader's and I've never improved my skills. How do you do?

BANNED

Greetings, everyone! I was in this forum 10+ years ago, albeit briefly, and still love comics. It's funny I remember when comics where a niche thing and going to cons was looked down upon. Now with the movies, you got people hooked the same way comics and shops made us start having pull lists years ago. I'd love to share some art and have great discussions.

Hi! I used to buy and read comics from the early '90s through early '00s. I haven't bought any new comics in roughly 15 years. I've re-read a couple of things in my collection over the years, but never really got back into comics heavily as a hobby.

I recently did a full inventory on my collection, which is about 7 and a half long boxes, including TPBs, and I made an Excel spreadsheet listing everything for reference. It's over 5 boxes of DC/Vertigo, one box of CrossGen, and one box of everything else, which is about 3/4 Marvel.

I've been looking to see what's being published today, and I'm not really impressed with what I'm seeing, from a story perspective. I realized how long it's been since I've read the stuff I already own, so I'm starting with that. Given how messed up DC's continuity is right now, and my second favorite publisher (CrossGen) going out of business, I suspect any comics I buy going forward will be old stuff to fill in the gaps in my collection, not newer publications.

BANNED

Hello chums,

New guy here, just getting back into comics for the first time in close to two decades. Completely overwhelmed with everything going on. I'm hoping to get some footing by asking for help/recommendations specifically about if any comic runs have been collected in TBP form or omnibuses.

Can anyone help me figure out how to add a signature?

Quote Originally Posted by Ulysses View Post
    Can anyone help me figure out how to add a signature?
    From "I'm A Little Stuck..." to "I Have Absolutely No Clue...", just how much do you have left to work out?

Edit:

For instance, is any of this taking at all if you try it?

- https://community.cbr.com/faq.php?fa...atures_avatars
    Last edited by numberthirty; 07-17-2019 at 01:00 AM.

All-New Member

Hello All,
    I finally decided to join after years of lurking. I am 50 years old and been reading comics for years. I had stepped away for a long time but recently gotten back into them with a vengeance. I grew up a big Marvel guy specifically reading Spider-man, Avengers, and Captain America. I have over 2,000 comics still and thanks to the MCU I have gotten my boys into Marvel. I have always been a HUGE Spidey fan.
    Diving back in with a vengeance I have found so much to read and catch up on, I am like a kid in a candy shop. I have actually expanded also catching up on DC and Batman.

I am excited to connect and discuss with fellow comic enthusiasts. And of course, and recommendations from last 15 years are welcomed.

Thank you!