Page 2 of 72 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
    BANNED

I’m a huge fan of the pre-52 Ollie but won’t pay money to DC for their 52 version of Green Arrow... even though I loved Lemire’s Sweet Tooth and Trillium. This is not my Ollie in the same way the new Wally West is not my Wally West. I love the TV Show, but when they move the source material to another media I think its fine to change characters/story around. I disagree when they totally change characters within the source material. Will always love the old Ollie though… one of the only guys who had the balls to frequently disagree with Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock Holmes View Post
    Glad to hear you've become a Green Arrow fan. He's always been a great character and I agree as well. Lemire and Sorrentino's run has been nothing short of incredible!
    You know one the reasons why I dig it is partly because of the behind the scenes stuff. I was already going to buy it since I love Sorrentino's work but I remember reading an interview Lemire did for some website or something. In it he talked about not knowing jack about the character and just researching everything there is to know about GA. And all of the sudden he just became absorbed into it's world and became a fan himself. Personally I can read his love for the character and it makes my experience every month that much better.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Always Rakzo

Quote Originally Posted by Hellpop View Post
    I’m a huge fan of the pre-52 Ollie but won’t pay money to DC for their 52 version of Green Arrow... even though I loved Lemire’s Sweet Tooth and Trillium. This is not my Ollie in the same way the new Wally West is not my Wally West. I love the TV Show, but when they move the source material to another media I think its fine to change characters/story around. I disagree when they totally change characters within the source material. Will always love the old Ollie though… one of the only guys who had the balls to frequently disagree with Batman.
    Oh for Pete's sake, you have been repeating this in several threads now.

Getting old.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

I personally think the 2 versions aren't that much different. Non the less, Lemire's run is simple awesome so it doesn't really matter to me
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post

That's the GA we know (and love)!
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Sorry Rakzo! Are you upset I brought Wally into this, or is it my dislike for the 52-re-characterizations? To use your argument against you, can you tell me honestly that this 52-Green Arrow has the same personality as the Denny O'Neil, Mike Grell, or even Kevin Smith Ollie?

Always Rakzo

Sorry Rakzo! Are you upset I brought Wally into this, or is it my dislike for the 52-re-characterizations? To use your argument against you, can you tell me honestly that this 52-Green Arrow has the same personality as the Denny O'Neil, Mike Grell, or even Kevin Smith Ollie?
    You're asking if he has the same personality as O'Neil's version? The answer is no and thank God for that, O'Neil's Ollie was an insufferable preachy douche.

However, he has more in common with the Ollie who appeared in Green Arrow Vol. 2, Vol. 3 and Vol. 5 since he's still the same flawed guy who tries to become better.

He has a lot of similarities to Grell's and Diggle's version I think. And none of the other versions had the same personality as O'Neil's version

Spectacular Member Tula's boyfriend's Avatar

I like the new GA, but I am also able to let go of the old GA.

Don't forget topre-order the 2nd vol of Mike Grell's Green arrow run. If enough people pre-order there's a bigger chance the rest will also be collected

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    You're asking if he has the same personality as O'Neil's version? The answer is no and thank God for that, O'Neil's Ollie was an insufferable preachy douche.

However, he has more in common with the Ollie who appeared in Green Arrow Vol. 2, Vol. 3 and Vol. 5 since he's still the same flawed guy who tries to become better.
    Rakzo, i think you might need that douche to give you a preach
    Attached Images Attached Images

BANNED

I loved the Green Arrow in DC showcases short.

Wish he was written that way more..

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Don't forget topre-order the 2nd vol of Mike Grell's Green arrow run. If enough people pre-order there's a bigger chance the rest will also be collected
    If DC is only going to put out one six-issue trade per year, then it's going to take them forever to completely collect Grell's run.

First ever DC Nation Green Arrow short featuring Black Canary and a new supporting character.

Last edited by HunterX; 05-04-2014 at 09:23 AM.