Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Babylon23 View Post
    I'd be interested in seeing Mark Waid on Doom Patrol. He used them during his Brave and the Bold run in a way that I appreciated - strange and quirky like a DAvid Lynch movie. His depiction of Rita was particularly interesting.
    i actually talked to him about that recently at a comic con. told him how much i loved his Doom Patrol and that i'd love to see him on the book someday. he said thanks but "that DC is dead to me."

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    i actually talked to him about that recently at a comic con. told him how much i loved his Doom Patrol and that i'd love to see him on the book someday. he said thanks but "that DC is dead to me."
    Yeah, he and Didio don't see eye to eye. It's a shame that his depiction of the Doom Patrol was only seen in a couple of issues.

All Doom Patrol fans should read Justice LEague #31. You won't be dissapointed
    The J-man

BANNED

The Doom Patrol must have power upgrades since they're going to be facing the JL.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Grim View Post
    The Doom Patrol must have power upgrades since they're going to be facing the JL.
    This is a pretty watered down JL though. Likely they will just face a subset to keep the battle relatively equal.

Is there any chance that Karma can be alive? I never take off panel deaths seriously.
    Yes, he could have survived. Fortunately my fave of the Kupperberg era (Lodestone) seems to have not been around so maybe she'll appear at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    Fortunately my fave of the Kupperberg era (Lodestone) seems to have not been around so maybe she'll appear at some point.
    If she comes back I would like to see her in his more morrisonian incarnation.
    Sadly, my favorite patrolwoman didn't appear. And I'm afraid than the crazy girl position already has been filled.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

BANNED

I wonder if Mento and Bumblebee will appear in the future.

so freakin awesome!

so happy that they kept the same basic character designs for the original members. Cliff looks similar to how he did in Grant's run, Larry still in bandages and i love the fact that the trench coat is back, and Rita is rocking the classic red and white Doom Patrol uniform.
    i wonder if The Chief will be in a wheel chair by the end of this story arc or if they'll keep him as a field leader.
    i would have much prefered Crazy Jane to Element Woman but beggars cant be choosers i guess.
    Last edited by Robotman; 06-25-2014 at 09:47 PM.

DC really don't like the handicapped, do they?

I just looked up Elasti-girl and I found this;

In the 2004 film The Incredibles, Helen Parr's hero name is "Elastigirl" (voiced by Holly Hunter). Pixar received permission from DC Comics to use the name in the film as long as it wasn't used in the merchandising. In the merchandising (and almost twice in the film) she's referred to as "Mrs. Incredible". Additionally, in what appears to be an homage to the original character from the comics, Helen's costume during her heroine career as a young woman, is white and red and includes a headband, just like Rita's original costume from the Silver Age, as well as the same hairstyle.
    Wonder how this works now that Disney owns Marvel now.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    I just looked up Elasti-girl and I found this;

Wonder how this works now that Disney owns Marvel now.
    If we ever get a second Incredibles movie, they will change her to Mrs. Incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfist View Post
    DC really don't like the handicapped, do they?
    outside of Oracle I'd say they like them as much as any other comic publisher

Dr. Niles Caulder, Cyborg, Oracle and Doctor Mid-Nite are the big ones that come to mind for DC

oh and CaptainMarvel Jr.
    The J-man

I wouldn't be surprised if Lex is the one who puts Niles in a wheelchair by the end of this arc.

Fantastic Member

Honestly I was expecting more changes to the Doom Patrol. As it is I like it.

I'd buy another Giffen-penned Doom Patrol series. ARE YOU LISTENING, DC?!?!