View Poll Results: How would you grade the issue?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5 stars

10 29.41%
  • 4 stars

6 17.65%
  • 3 stars

5 14.71%
  • 2 stars

9 26.47%
  • 1 star

4 11.76%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

The issue was great and an excellent setup to her solo. The artist sure did make it a point in making her costume more bootylicous than usual. Lol The villain was pretty cool and I would like to see more of him.
    I don't care! I'll start my own group. Rejection from society is what started the X-men.

BANNED

Amazing X-men #8 had some good moments today with storm.

I gave the Annual 4 stars. It was good but I feel a little underwhelmed. Maybe because it finished so soon? The art was nice, Larroca did his job. As for scans - read the book, not the scans

4 stars for Storm, minus 1 for the Firestar crap.
    Game Over man! Game Over!

This was a bit dull but lol at the random Firestar thing ??

This writer gets Storm.

BANNED

The book is worth the money. Buy it, guys!

BANNED

Great to see a fierce Storm but ultimately, one for the hardcore fans only

I don't get what other people see in this, I thought it was awful. Emotionally tone deaf, tedious exposition and plain badly written.
    We're lead to believe initially that when Storm was young she accidently created a killer sandstorm that flayed innocent people alive. Storm should be horrified when she learns of this but instead we get this whiny "I was 12" response; it just showed a lack of empathy. They killed the monster because of some nonsense, Beast was clearly trolling the rest of the team with his mystic guesswork and the villain design has more useless embellishments than a Rob Liefeld character. Also why were Warbird and Angel in this book?

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Valeficent View Post
    Storm v2, that horrible limited series that made Storm sleeping with you know who when she was twelve and having him save her instead of the other way around. All that horrible series by that Jerome Dickey or something like that was retconned, the story is back to the original, Marvel Team Up 100. Storm saved him and they just met and both parted ways with no more between. The way it should be. Claremontian History should not be touched and it has now been restored!
    Yes!!!

I always thought that Dickey mini-series read like some juvenile male fantasy, like the way Black Panther would tell the story of how they met: "I saved her from all these white guys 'cos I'm amazing and strong! And then we totally DID IT, hehehe!"

-_- Now we know for sure that's all it was. ;P
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

BANNED

I liked the Storm focus and the story and art, but the dialogue was TERRIBLE. The B-Plot monster was extremely weak as well, but it's an annual, so it's what I expected. Also, that crap at the end with Microwave Woman sucked.

I absolutely LOVED the annual. But I do have one question poking me in the head..... Does this mean Storm now worships Gaia as the new "Goddess" or is she just stating a fact? If she is now considering Gaia her new goddess what happens to her connection with Oshtur? Either way I'd be fine with it. I would love to see Storm and Gaia interact on some level (ie spiritial, physical, or even magical "weather" talk). And if she doesn't worship Gaia her connection to Oshtur is also something that I would like to see explored.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Son_Of_A_Goddess View Post
    I absolutely LOVED the annual. But I do have one question poking me in the head..... Does this mean Storm now worships Gaia as the new "Goddess" or is she just stating a fact? If she is now considering Gaia her new goddess what happens to her connection with Oshtur? Either way I'd be fine with it. I would love to see Storm and Gaia interact on some level (ie spiritial, physical, or even magical "weather" talk). And if she doesn't worship Gaia her connection to Oshtur is also something that I would like to see explored.
    she worships her mother-in-law, Gaia, mother of Thor.

All-New Member

This was a fine done in one, more or less. I wish they'd stop trying to make Firestar happen, though. Write her well enough that she happens organically, or not at all. She's the weak link on the Amazing team for me so far.

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Observer View Post
    This was a fine done in one, more or less. I wish they'd stop trying to make Firestar happen, though. Write her well enough that she happens organically, or not at all. She's the weak link on the Amazing team for me so far.

Hehe. ^^
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007