Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Default Matt Mcgloin reviews Captain Marvel

https://cosmicbook.news/captain-marvel-review

It's a bit harsh and toxic, but i agree with him that Gunn and Waititi turned Marvel's cosmic landscape into a joke.

I also was dissapointed by the Captain Marvel movie, even though i like Carol Danvers as a character.

1) Because the movie feels like a filler episode.

2) Because they genderswapped Mar-Vell, one of my favorite characters thanks to the writing of Jim Starlin, and killed him/her off in a flashback.

3) Because they turned Nick Fury into a joke.

4) Because i prefer the Supreme Intelligence to be a giant green potato.

5) Because there are no Kree Sentry robots.

6) Because they turned the Kree into irredeamable villains. I Always liked the Kree because they are kinda like the Imperium from Warhammer 40,000.

7) Because they blew the chance of developing Ronan the Accuser.

8) Because it's based on Deconnick's lackluster run.
    Last edited by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree; 03-08-2019 at 03:26 PM.

Baby Thanos Member catbellysqueezer's Avatar

He seems like a really nice, open-minded guy with no ulterior motives.
    Baby Thanos

Did Matt McGloin make this thread as well?

Quote Originally Posted by catbellysqueezer View Post
    He seems like a really nice, open-minded guy with no ulterior motives.
    He's had to switch tactics since his claim that Captain Marvel was gonna tank so bad it would end the MCU looks to have been off the mark.

Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

I partly respect Mcgloin because he's pretty much the only one standing up for Nova and Quasar, and i'm a fan of those characters.

A very lackluster movie. I was disappointed...I think the only things I really liked were the cat, Monica and her mom.

Toooooo by the numbers with nothing really inspiring or interesting.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 03-09-2019 at 10:46 AM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Extraordinary Member

Can you really take seriously someone who spends that much time of a review detailing all the "male-bashing" elements? Yes, they're trying to express a theme that Carol is constantly underestimated by other people, most of whom are men, and that she needs to realize that she's much more awesome than they want her to think she is, and it's fair for a review to point that out and call it clunky. But it's not "male-bashing" in a movie that wants us to like Carol because a man we already like (Fury) likes her.

The reason people are suspicious of reviewers like these is not that they don't like the movie or Brie Larson but that they want to use the movie to start a war of the sexes, which is what they accuse others of doing.

Mighty Member

If it was a Phase 1 or Phase 2 movie, I would be more forgiving, but being this close to Endgame does not make me want to look at this by the books movie with mercy.

Didn’t read that review, but I thought it was not one of the better Marvel movie. Very generic and by the numbers, with forced attempts at creating genuine charm.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Didn’t read that review, but I thought it was not one of the better Marvel movie. Very generic and by the numbers, with forced attempts at creating genuine charm.
    At least you SAW it.

No one should take issue with anyone who has that opinion because at least one took time to go SEE it and JUDGE it for themselves. Instead some of the antics we have seen.

He's had to switch tactics since his claim that Captain Marvel was gonna tank so bad it would end the MCU looks to have been off the mark.
    Gee I know someone else who said that about Black Panther. Instead of taking the L-he tried to get Panther fans to boycott this movie. Now he is trying to get support his crowd funded book as way to boycott. Spoiler alert-it's not working too well.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    I partly respect Mcgloin because he's pretty much the only one standing up for Nova and Quasar, and i'm a fan of those characters.
    That's part of the problem with the comic book community. Willingness to overlook really toxic people because they work on a character you like or say nice things about a character you like.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...e-spoiler-talk

Why does a particular review get its own thread?
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...e-spoiler-talk

Why does a particular review get its own thread?
    Oh, I wonder why...

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    At least you SAW it.

No one should take issue with anyone who has that opinion because at least one took time to go SEE it and JUDGE it for themselves. Instead some of the antics we have seen.

Gee I know someone else who said that about Black Panther. Instead of taking the L-he tried to get Panther fans to boycott this movie. Now he is trying to get support his crowd funded book as way to boycott. Spoiler alert-it's not working too well.
    If it's who I think it is, he actually got an offer to write an indie comic starring a black hero and blew it, because despite him calling everyone else a "beta" he was he could not take directions from the creator of the character and was slow to respond to inquiries.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by C_Miller View Post
    That's part of the problem with the comic book community. Willingness to overlook really toxic people because they work on a character you like or say nice things about a character you like.
    Yep. "He's absolutely horrible to actual people in the real world but, uh, we like the same fictional character so it's all good!"

BANNED

>cosmicbooknews

c'mon