Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    [center]Best of luck, Phoenixx9. If his teammates & close friends aren't able to convince him, then I don't know what will?
    Well, I was only trying to help K7P5V. If you like Simon's non-heroics and passiveness then more to ya.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Well, I was only trying to help K7P5V. If you like Simon's non-heroics and passiveness then more to ya.
    Oh, no! Maybe there was some sort of miscommunication, but I actually would like to have your help!
    Nothing would make me happier than to see our boy back-in-action!

Oh, no! Maybe there was some sort of miscommunication, but I actually would like to have your help!
    Nothing would make me happier than to see our boy back-in-action!

Oooh! Yes, then it was my fault! Sorry Friend.

I love that old-time Simon pic. The colors looked so good on him and he looked so muscular/powerful!

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

I liked Wonder Man during the Bendis era ����*♂️ Simon’s feelings about the Avengers constantly causing and ignoring problems felt like a natural progression for his character and his position on the team in my opinion. I prefer him to use his powers and still side eye the Avengers motives while still being a hero over being a boring pacifist being a joke with Beast. It makes his character much more interesting and complex.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UncannyLZ View Post
    I liked Wonder Man during the Bendis era ����*♂️ Simon’s feelings about the Avengers constantly causing and ignoring problems felt like a natural progression for his character and his position on the team in my opinion. I prefer him to use his powers and still side eye the Avengers motives while still being a hero over being a boring pacifist being a joke with Beast. It makes his character much more interesting and complex.
    You may be the first person I've heard say this! When I think about it, I guess I could get into the idea of Simon being at odds philosophically with the Avengers, I just didn't like that Bendis turned him into a raging lunatic. I think there would have been more story potential if he was in his right mind, but genuinely disagreed with his teammates. Instead we got... well, what we got.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    You may be the first person I've heard say this! When I think about it, I guess I could get into the idea of Simon being at odds philosophically with the Avengers, I just didn't like that Bendis turned him into a raging lunatic. I think there would have been more story potential if he was in his right mind, but genuinely disagreed with his teammates. Instead we got... well, what we got.
    So out of character for Simon. I guess nice, regular guy with Thor level strength is too boring for Bendis. I find it quite refreshing. Shooter was probably the one to use him the best. Micheline had some good character moments, but Simon was less impressive in the Micheline era.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Although I hated seeing Simon in the mentally unstable way he was during his "Revengers" period, at least it wasn't entirely unprecedented. Simon had some history of mental instability before (during the 2nd year of his ongoing solo book) linked with fluctuations in his powers. So I just figured that something had destabilized Simon's ionic energies again causing his mental and emotional fluctuations--and eventually it would stabilize and he'd be sane again. And that is essentially what ended up happening--by the end of Bendis' run, it was like a switch flipped in his head and he was back to being sane again.

Although I hated the "Revengers" direction for him, it is worth remembering that Bendis' use of Wondy wasn't all bad. He wrote Simon well enough during his time on the MIGHTY AVENGERS book up to SECRET INVASION.

Mighty Member

At this point, Beast is ever worse than before if you read the current "X-Force".

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    At this point, Beast is ever worse than before if you read the current "X-Force".
    I haven't been able to force myself to pick-up an X-book in a looooooonnngggg time.

Peace

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Yeah, Simon wouldn't recognize him at all these days...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Oooh! Yes, then it was my fault! Sorry Friend.
    No problem, Phoenixx9. Glad we're on the same page.

I love that old-time Simon pic. The colors looked so good on him and he looked so muscular/powerful!
    I know, right?! And that's not some common thug Simon is squaring-off against, it's none other than his own brother...

The Grim Reaper
    (Eric Williams)

Last edited by K7P5V; 08-14-2021 at 04:26 AM. Reason: Added Clarification.

I really hope that Wonder Man is featured in the Trial of Magneto and I really hope that he and Beast interact, I can see Simon saying "wtf is your problem Hank, why are you acting like this ?".
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    I really hope that Wonder Man is featured in the Trial of Magneto and I really hope that he and Beast interact, I can see Simon saying "wtf is your problem Hank, why are you acting like this ?".
    That would be great to see them together. They do not see to focus on things like that anymore.

I know, right?! And that's not some common thug Simon is squaring-off against, it's none other than his own brother...

The Grim Reaper
    (Eric Williams)

IMHO, this was the issue that not only defined Simon as a great Avenger, but also simbolized what was so great about the team. This story was all about the B-Squad. You had the A-listers, Thor, Iron Man and Captain America (and even Hank and Jan, though, although founders, I see them more as members of the B-Squad) leaving to take care of their own business, and the story foccussed on Vizh, Simon, Wanda, Panther and the Beast, dfeveloping them further. It was an awsome issue. One of my favorites ever.

Peace

The Grim Reaper
    (Eric Williams)

I liked this "off-beat" and "filler issue" as some call it. I liked learning more about not only Simon, but the ties to older stories with Grim Reaper.
    Of course, having terrific artwork, bright colors, story, and wording of the characters made it a great issue!

It was interesting seeing this team of five and I wish we would have seen them work together again against another villain.