Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Different mutant powers in the movies

Please guys, no criticism, just add some positive feedback and insight to the following descriptions of the "new" powers. Thanks!

1- Iceman: he apparently acquires a "ice armor form" in The Last Stand. It seems to me he was also made of pure ice in DOFP, you can notice it when the Sentinels kill him (twice). So his power further evolved.

2- Cyclops: his beam is pinkish-red with white streak in the middle, not full red. His concussive energy produces small friction and tiny flames (more evident in Origins and Apocalypse).

3- Gambit: he can charge one object with pure kinetic energy that "manifests" itself as kinetic blast (and not explosion), wherever the object hits the target. Same with his signature baton. His eyes become pink when he uses his power. Also: superhuman agility.

4- Mystique: he does retain superhuman agility, reflexes and stamina. Not sure about superhuman strength, even. I don't think so.

5- Warpath (DOFP): danger sense or enhanced sight? What do you think? There's one sequence...

6- Shadowcat: chronokinesis, time travel power. Secondary mutation...

7- Bishop: he can absorb radiant energy, store and then convert it into signature red kinetic energy that can be extracted/"used" via his special rifle. In nuce, he is a human battery of red kinetic energy and needs special technology.

8- Sunspot: no superhuman strength at all. He can generate solar fire (plasma). He can turn himself into a solar being reminiscent of The Human Torch. Am I right?

9- Negative Teenage Warhead: Lady Cannonball? Does she emit thermo-chemical blasts to propel herself? I don't think her powers are nuclear. She does not emit radiation. That would be dangerous for anyone close to her, including the X-Men.

10- Yukio: electricity manipulation/generation and technopathy. That would explain why she can fix Cable's device. She's like Forge.

11- Beast (human mode in FC): only his feet where big-sized, not the hands.
    He can become "Beast" (Ape Form) through adrenaline surges.
    Besides, his eye color becomes more and more red wherever he gets "feral". Beast's default eye color is normal?

12- Jubilee (X2-Apocalypse): electricity manipulation/generation.

13- Quicksilver: he has no accelerated healing.

14- Callisto: not just supersenses, but also superspeed and Caliban's mutant detecting powers.

15- Magik from "The New Mutants". The Limbo could be a parallel dimension she taps into? Or she's a reality warper like Proteus. Your pick.

Any more suggestions?
    Last edited by Mutant 77; 10-08-2021 at 03:48 PM.

Shadowcat was given Rachel Summers’ psychic time travel power in order to streamline an already complicated story, reduce an already bloated cast, and remind the audience of the Rogue/Bobby/Kitty love triangle. It’s crap, but it’s movies folks.

Negasonic Teenage Warhead is basically Cannonball with a new personality, gender, and an overwrought mutant name. Yukio is wholly new as well, just a mess of X-Men things assembled into a new character. It’s fine since they add to the comedy and commentary of the Deadpool films. I’m fine with them only existing in the Deadpool universe.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post

Negasonic Teenage Warhead is basically Cannonball with a new personality, gender, and an overwrought mutant name. Yukio is wholly new as well, just a mess of X-Men things assembled into a new character. It’s fine since they add to the comedy and commentary of the Deadpool films. I’m fine with them only existing in the Deadpool universe.
    Well, if the Deadpool universe kinda "reflects" the mainstream X-Men universe, then we can assume that there are counterparts of Negasonic and Yukio in the 2018's X-Men of Universe 1 too, I guess.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I don’t care to catalog the logic of X-Men films. I can contribute, but making hypotheses isn’t my bag.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I don’t care to catalog the logic of X-Men films. I can contribute, but making hypotheses isn’t my bag.
    It's fun.

BANNED

Havok's signature energy color was red instead of Blue.
    Didn't Angel have a "claw" of sorts in each wing during Apocalypse?
    Also, Apocalypse, whose power are really vague and not much like the comics.

See, I've never seen NSTW as a Cannonball rip-off, she's always felt more like Nitro to me, Tim Miller even said so for the first movie. She basically just explodes parts of or all of her body, propelling herself or other things. When using her powers while running forwards for instance, she's running at a regular human pace. She only propels herself upwards once that we've seen, Cannonball can maintain being in the air while NSTW most likely can't.

Extraordinary Member

The Scarlet Witch (I'm counting her as a mutant for obvious reasons) has a range of telepathic abilities in Avengers: Age of Ultron that she never had in any comic she ever appeared in. Even after those powers have been dropped, her most common comics power, the mutant ability to alter probability, has still been dropped in favor of what is basically telekinetic power.

True, having powers that change with every writer is true to the comics, but still, it's definitely a change.

Quote Originally Posted by BatKeaton View Post
    9- Negative Teenage Warhead: Lady Cannonball? Does she emit thermo-chemical blasts to propel herself? I don't think her powers are nuclear. She does not emit radiation. That would be dangerous for anyone close to her, including the X-Men.
    Yeah, it would... she's not like Hazmat.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    The Scarlet Witch (I'm counting her as a mutant for obvious reasons) has a range of telepathic abilities in Avengers: Age of Ultron that she never had in any comic she ever appeared in. Even after those powers have been dropped, her most common comics power, the mutant ability to alter probability, has still been dropped in favor of what is basically telekinetic power.

True, having powers that change with every writer is true to the comics, but still, it's definitely a change.
    I feel its due to them not embracing magic until Dr.Strange came along. A lot of early Marvel is in the realm of sci-fi so her powers and origin had a scientific explanation. Also I have a feeling due to probability at that point in time they had no idea how to translate her powers besides making her Jean Grey lite.
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Havok's signature energy color was red instead of Blue.
    Didn't Angel have a "claw" of sorts in each wing during Apocalypse?
    Also, Apocalypse, whose power are really vague and not much like the comics.
    True, true and true. The "Angel" of the original timeline had no claws, even.
    I'm also sure Apocalypse was using some kind of alien technology to change bodies, and his protective armor was alien too. Celestial thing...

Quote Originally Posted by HaydnC95 View Post
    See, I've never seen NSTW as a Cannonball rip-off, she's always felt more like Nitro to me, Tim Miller even said so for the first movie. She basically just explodes parts of or all of her body, propelling herself or other things. When using her powers while running forwards for instance, she's running at a regular human pace. She only propels herself upwards once that we've seen, Cannonball can maintain being in the air while NSTW most likely can't.
    Thermo-chemical anyway.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Well Negasonic Teenage Warhead was the goth telepathic mutant from Morrison's New X-Men; the one in Emma's class that foresaw they were gonna die. That was her only appearance and use of her powers (cuz she died) until the movie version popped up.

And I'm pretty sure that Mystique's agility and reflexes are due to training and not her mutation.

BANNED

Movies/tv are an adaptation of the source material they aren't a direct execution. They never were and never will be.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    And I'm pretty sure that Mystique's agility and reflexes are due to training and not her mutation.
    Not at all. She was agile in "First Class" too. Plus, she fought with Wolverine in "X-Men" and it was obvious that her agility was superhuman. Must be something related to her scales.

BANNED

I just fixed Iceman and Bishop.

What do you think about DOFP Sunspot?