Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Return of Wolverine #4 Preview

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Now talking about slow pacing. This seems to be dragging. Did read the first 3 issues and also here things do not take off yet.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

I swear to Go, if Iceman gets taken out by hot claws...

Bad art. Don`t like it.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Bad art. Don`t like it.
    I can't believe Marvel couldn't keep McNiven for all 5 issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I can't believe Marvel couldn't keep McNiven for all 5 issues.
    McNiven can't do five issues. He's slow. By his own admission. No reason to pull a Doomsday Clock when Declan's storytelling is clear as hell.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    McNiven can't do five issues. He's slow. By his own admission. No reason to pull a Doomsday Clock when Declan's storytelling is clear as hell.
    He did Death of Wolverine no problem for five issues. I think it’s more that marvel slapped this together last minute that made a fill in necessary and even the fill in severely delayed the book. At least McNivens would be worth the wait.

Wolverine waking up strapped to a bed near a beautiful woman after carving a path of destruction. This is going to be fun.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
    He did Death of Wolverine no problem for five issues. I think it’s more that marvel slapped this together last minute that made a fill in necessary and even the fill in severely delayed the book. At least McNivens would be worth the wait.
    DOW's four issues was four years ago, and if you look at Steve's output you can see the trend of how he gets slower and slower. His last four issue batch was Inhumans three years ago, and after that there were two entire events, one of which was linewide, where he couldn't do more than two. An event involving several entire mini-series about a flagship character's return isn't planned at the last minute. Steve's just slow. The wait would be unacceptable for an event, screw up the schedule, and would be worse for every party involved.

"I don’t think it comes as a great surprise that I’m not the fastest comic artist around, not by a long shot, and the show must go on."

BANNED

DOW's four issues was four years ago, and if you look at Steve's output you can see the trend of how he gets slower and slower. His last four issue batch was Inhumans three years ago, and after that there were two entire events, one of which was linewide, where he couldn't do more than two. An event involving several entire mini-series about a flagship character's return isn't planned at the last minute. Steve's just slow. The wait would be unacceptable for an event, screw up the schedule, and would be worse for every party involved.

"I don’t think it comes as a great surprise that I’m not the fastest comic artist around, not by a long shot, and the show must go on."
    Comparinng an event which was taunted over an YEAR ago towards some comic trinket like Inhumans is simply way of line. And it's Mcinven's Wolverine we are talking about. He may have changed his way of style but I don't think it would have been problem for him to do that. Given he has drawn him a no of times b4
    Last edited by Vishop; 01-11-2019 at 05:16 AM.

His return wasn’t planed last minute but RoW was by Marvel’s own admission. He was supposed to come back in the Inifinty series hence him having the space stone but that was scrapped when CB took over as editor, hence him simply giving away the space stone inthe first issue. So yeah this was marvel last minute slapping this together as you can tell by the fill in artist delaying the book by a month himself.

Quote Originally Posted by biswaboxz View Post
    Comparinng an event which was taunted over an YEAR ago towards some comic trinket like Inhumans is simply way of line. And it's Mcinven's Wolverine we are talking about. He may have changed his way of style but I don't think it would have been problem for him to do that. Given he has drawn him a no of times b4
    Having a lot of experience drawing a character will not perpetually speed up the the process of actually doing it. Once you learn how to efficiently build a car, you're not going to significantly decrease the time it takes for you to build more cars. Pages are pages, and those Inhumans pages took about a year.

If history indicates that he is slow and can do 1-4 issue batches max, he admits he is slow, and the current project is two (extra sized!) issues and covers, then maybe, just maybe, he's actually slow.

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
    His return wasn’t planed last minute but RoW was by Marvel’s own admission. He was supposed to come back in the Inifinty series hence him having the space stone but that was scrapped when CB took over as editor, hence him simply giving away the space stone inthe first issue. So yeah this was marvel last minute slapping this together as you can tell by the fill in artist delaying the book by a month himself.
    That's not the same Wolverine, that's Jason's Phoenix Wolverine, created exclusively for the Avengers plans laid out by other editorial offices and set up in Legacy. CB came on in November 2017, which isn't even enough time to change plans already in development like HfW which was announced 2 months later or the totality of Duggan's Guardians events which were already laid out. There were two Wolverines, and they wanted to confuse readers by making people think they were the same. Maybe they did it too well.

BANNED

Oh, no. Looks like Ana is evil and involved with Soteira. Who could have guessed, amirite?
    Anyway, this feels like it's coming too late. Was there a delay? I feel like #3 came out a lifetime ago.