Page 9 of 93 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by classicgmer View Post
    Is Justice still in a relationship with Ultra Girl? He hasn't mentioned anything about Suzi since he talked to Veil about it in Avengers Academy so I'm thinking they might have ended the relationship....Granted he hasn't had a ton of appearances to mention it since then but I'm still curious.
    I would say it's unclear. I'm inclined to say they aren't still in a relationship simply because they haven't worked together since Academy ended, but I don't recall there being anything on-page that makes that official.

These pics are from a Speedball related cutscene in the Marvel Heroes online videogame. They don't make any sense. The story infers that Speedball was captured by these thugs who beat and tortured him. The writer for the game is guess who? Brian. Michael. Bendis. I am certain that he knows what Speedball's powers are. This kid survived standing at ground zero of a NUCLEAR BLAST for crying out loud!

Now Bendis is the same guy who is practically writing Richard Rider out of the history books in the new GOTG series. So I am beginning to wonder, does this dude have something personal against the New Warriors?

Marvel Heroes - Speedball 1.jpg
    Marvel Heroes - Speedball 2.jpg
    Marvel Heroes - Speedball 3.jpg
    Last edited by Speedball; 07-18-2014 at 10:58 PM.

Marvel Heroes - Speedball 4.jpg
    Marvel Heroes - Speedball 5.jpg

Speedball Cutscene that doesn't make sense in Marvel Heroes Online videogame written by that all-star of comic continuity Brian Michael Bendis.
    Last edited by Speedball; 07-18-2014 at 10:59 PM.

My favorite New Warriors team.

"History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Herowatcher View Post

Amen! The best dysfunctional family I have ever read. I wish they would bring Rage and Night Thrasher back in to the fold. This family needs to reunite!

The current series is the best incarnation since volume 1 however. Definitely better than volumes 2, 3 and 4.
    Last edited by Speedball; 07-20-2014 at 01:16 AM.

Add Justice in there and I completely agree. The 8 of them are the New Warriors as far as I'm concerned. Everyone else is just a team mate, these guys are family.

BANNED

^Justice was there (as in on the team), but was in prison at the time.

A bitter New Warriors fan MitchFox's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Speedball View Post
    These pics are from a Speedball related cutscene in the Marvel Heroes online videogame. They don't make any sense. The story infers that Speedball was captured by these thugs who beat and tortured him. The writer for the game is guess who? Brian. Michael. Bendis. I am certain that he knows what Speedball's powers are. This kid survived standing at ground zero of a NUCLEAR BLAST for crying out loud!

Now Bendis is the same guy who is practically writing Richard Rider out of the history books in the new GOTG series. So I am beginning to wonder, does this dude have something personal against the New Warriors?

I presume that in my theory, one of the thugs may have used drugs to make him numb as his powers are activated by pain and impact. Also, Speedball isn't immune to choking for example; in one scene of Fear Itself Homefront issue, he could have suffocated to death by the angry mob who used the plastic bag to wrap around his face if not for Miriam Sharpe.

By the way, my favourite New Warrior characters are Justice, Speedball, Firestar and Silhouette as well as Sun Girl in the recent team.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Speedball View Post

I wouldn't read too much into it. Bendis has an amazing skill at getting characters and concepts wrong. Speedball has nothing on Tigra in that regard

You are so right. This is my real New Warriors (including Vance)! I am loving the current volume and can't wait until we get all the team together again. I'm guessing somewhere around issue 20 or 25.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by baltiroo View Post
    You are so right. This is my real New Warriors (including Vance)! I am loving the current volume and can't wait until we get all the team together again. I'm guessing somewhere around issue 20 or 25.
    Barring a miracle, I doubt we make Issue #12.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowDemon View Post
    We will see. Hope and all that.

I appreciate long-time readers wanting every character back, but as a new reader I want the current team to get the focus.

There's so much good in the title at the moment - Justice is shaping up to be a fine leader, and his run-ins with Kaine are great to read because they are chalk and cheese in terms of approach but both determined and focused. Aracely and Speedball have a really good dynamic too, especially with her able to see the side of him he wants to keep private. Whatever Water Snake's history, and whether she is Namorita or not, will be good to discover.

I like the mix of old and new that Chris Yost has got in the title at the moment - it's balanced, and just wish more would be willing to give it a try.

They let the Grievioux series go down to 15k ..

As a side-note, that page is from one of my favorite stories.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowDemon View Post
    I think we will see at least to issue #12. If for no other reasons, is so they can make it a trade. I hope it goes beyond that. With him on Amazing X-Men, I'd hope for a cross over to draw more attention to the title, and it'd be a nice way to resolve some Justice/Firestar issues.

http://www.newwarriors.com BTW (run that site myself, I do!)
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!