Page 548 of 626 FirstFirst ... 48448498538544545546547548549550551552558598 ... LastLast
Results 8,206 to 8,220 of 9381

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Not strong enough to prevent her from getting crushed obviously. Things would have been vastly different if she had access to the PF.
    Pink form requires psionic energy to tap into, she was in the middle of space surrounded by robots, still while I believe her basic tk would be enough to avoid being crushed, surviving the abrupt conditions of open space would have killed her for sure especially after all the strain and damage sustained.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Pink form requires psionic energy to tap into, she was in the middle of space surrounded by robots, still while I believe her basic tk would be enough to avoid being crushed, surviving the abrupt conditions of open space would have killed her for sure especially after all the strain and damage sustained.
    She was close to the forge that had thousands of people. The story just wasn't well done

Jean was written to die and be resurrected in the next issue. If the story involved Jean surviving there would have been a way of Jean surviving. Jean could TK the capsule back to earth or even fly herself threw space. She’s done it before without the PF.

Also how strong is the pressure at the bottom of the ocean?
    First X-Lady

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    Jean was written to die and be resurrected in the next issue. If the story involved Jean surviving there would have been a way of Jean surviving. Jean could TK the capsule back to earth or even fly herself threw space. She’s done it before without the PF.

"At the bottom of the trench the water column above exerts a pressure of 1,086 bars (15,750 psi), more than 1,000 times the standard atmospheric pressure at sea level."

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post

Things totally submerged in water are said to weigh only 1/10th of their real weight (100 pounds would weigh 10 pounds). However, water is much denser and heavier than air, which makes movement harder and takes more energy.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    She was close to the forge that had thousands of people. The story just wasn't well done
    I'm willing to bet the forge was psi-shielded
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Things totally submerged in water are said to weigh only 1/10th of their real weight (100 pounds would weigh 10 pounds). However, water is much denser and heavier than air, which makes movement harder and takes more energy.
    It's a matter a pressure from above not the weight of the person at the bottom

I'm willing to bet the forge was psi-shielded
    Jean was using telepathy to comunicate with the team inside and out of the forge.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Jean was using telepathy to comunicate with the team inside and out of the forge.
    Maybe the shielding is provided to by tech carried personally, otherwise why not take control of the personel and have them do all the dirty work

It's a matter a pressure from above not the weight of the person at the bottom
    It is both. One still needs strength be it mental or physical to do the task. The water pressure is the other.

It is both. One still needs strength be it mental or physical to do the task. The water pressure is the other.
    Yhea but we did know Jean as any other human could move her body weight, what we didnt know yet is that her tk is strong enough to protect her from deep ocean pressure

Yhea but we did know Jean as any other human could move her body weight, what we didnt know yet is that her tk is strong enough to protect her from deep ocean pressure
    Ah, Gotcha!

How do you think Jean's TK power compares in power to Invisible Woman Sue Force Field?

Also, Sue has been underwater and her control of her field was so precise she could even filter in oxygen molecules to breathe. Do you think Jean could do that?

Ah, Gotcha!

How do you think Jean's TK power compares in power to Invisible Woman Sue Force Field?

Also, Sue has been underwater and her control of her field was so precise she could even filter in oxygen molecules to breathe. Do you think Jean could do that?
    FORor sure, Jean's been able to control her own atmosphere before, I belive she definitely has a better fine motor control than susan and tk seems overall more versatile than IW force fields which on the other hand seems to be kinda more stable and maybe durable?

FORor sure, Jean's been able to control her own atmosphere before, I belive she definitely has a better fine motor control than susan and tk seems overall more versatile than IW force fields which on the other hand seems to be kinda more stable and maybe durable?
    That is what I was thinking too. But I think Jean might be able to make Force Fields just as durable now with her power level, but I have not seen her do that for quite a while now.

We need some good current Jean feats!

That is what I was thinking too. But I think Jean might be able to make Force Fields just as durable now with her power level, but I have not seen her do that for quite a while now.

We need some good current Jean feats!
    So much this, for starters I like how her tp and tk can be used in unison to surpass certain limits. Just think how she was able to feed cable tk.
    There is so much more about tk and tp and they always go for the most basic crude stuff, take telepathy for example....these days seems to be there just for comunication and sensing vague danger, some writers just lack imagination or are very lazy, this is a good read:
    https://powerlisting.fandom.com/wiki/Telepathy
    Last edited by Daedra; 10-30-2019 at 09:34 AM.