Page 281 of 1384 FirstFirst ... 1812312712772782792802812822832842852913313817811281 ... LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,215 of 20754

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    I still don't get why this did not get the Omnibus treatment, seems ripe for it.
    It could still get Omnis with the Black Panther movie in 2018.

Hey guys,

For those of you who have the Avengers by Perez Artist Select from IDW. There was a printing error and a page was doubled, and so one page was skipped. There are replacement pages in the works. Contact the IDW store if you got it there or your local vendor.

Also: the Herb Trimpe hulk AS is next month, so order now! Should be super limited.

Double Also: the Valiant ad on CBR is f****ing up my browser...what's it for? I love valiant.
    Last edited by Canucked; 04-20-2016 at 10:02 AM.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Agreed on the Deadly hands covers. The originals usually quite cool but this is just not up to standard for me. The Del Otto one looks nice and I think I would get these too but not the other 4 (same reason as others).

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Agreed on the Deadly hands covers. The originals usually quite cool but this is just not up to standard for me. The Del Otto one looks nice and I think I would get these too but not the other 4 (same reason as others).
    I dig the modern Del Otto cover but not the modern Dodson cover for one of the next Omnis, and I don't love mixing and matching. Might go all-classic for both lines.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    It's certainly not Marvel's worst event of the past decade, that's for sure!

The writing is okay. The art is terrific. The plot is sort of a greatest hits of what's happening in the Civil War, and then whatever seems most interesting to you you can read in its own TPB.

From that perspective, it was actually one of Marvel best executions of an event in the decade. Secret Invasion had the same scattered main series but the tie-ins weren't as universally interesting. Siege didn't really need to be a line-wide event. Fear Itself was okay but widely-maligned. Avengers vs. X-Men wasn't really linewide, and was awful for X-fans. Infinity was okay, but mostly stayed contained to Avengers. Original Sin's tie-ins had nothing to do with the main series.

Seriously: we look the Civil War gift horse in the mouth. I'm not sure what everyone is holding up as their paragon of good Marvel events if they think it's so bad. I mean, yes, the plot is dumb, but that hasn't stopped comics from being good in the past.
    I agree 100% with Krisis's take on this.

It was one of the first things I read when I got back into comics back in 2010. That and Ultimates 1 & 2. I could not ask for better art and I really enjoyed the stories. Then I went on to read Secret Invasion and Siege and things started going downhill. Gave up on Fear Itself

Not even attempting the New Secret Wars.
    Last edited by Omnibus; 04-20-2016 at 11:35 AM.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    They are fill-in issues that take place chronologically during the time period covered in vol 3. They are therefore included in the back of that book, along with a Dr Doom story by Priest and a Thor story by Priest that is woven into one of the BP story arcs.

I still don't get why this did not get the Omnibus treatment, seems ripe for it.
    Wiat for the movie. It'll almost certainly get omni-ed. That's the only reason I haven't picked up the trades.
    Cyclops was right

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Canucked View Post
    Hey guys,

For those of you who have the Avengers by Perez Artist Select from IDW. There was a printing error and a page was doubled, and so one page was skipped. There are replacement pages in the works. Contact the IDW store if you got it there or your local vendor.

Also: the Herb Trimpe hulk AS is next month, so order now! Should be super limited.

Double Also: the Valiant ad on CBR is f****ing up my browser...what's it for? I love valiant.
    It's messing me up too.
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    The GotG Omnibus could go OOP in the same vein as the Annihilation Omnibus.
    Time will tell. You know I will be keeping an eye on it to update the page 1 OOP list.

I have not issued any warnings of late. Need to get back to that.

Some of the recent clearance titles are starting to dry up as prices are starting to slowly rise on ebay, amazon marketplace etc...

With the reprint of X-Men Age of Apocalypse and the movie due next month I think the clearance copies X-Men AOA companion will start to disappear quickly.
    Last edited by Omnibus; 04-20-2016 at 11:48 AM.

I'm torn on the X-23 Complete Collection.

My issue is that I really want to read the Marjorie Liu series. This book contains issues 1-3, and the next volume (as already on Amazon and the Hachette catalogue) will contain the balance plus the crossover with Daken: Dark Wolverine.

My problem is that I already own the digital copies of 12 of the remaining 14 issues in the book (the first volume with her origin story and the Target X miniseries). Though admittedly I didn't pay a lot for those (I want to say $10.99 for the origin story and ~$6 for Target X).

Should I buy these, and count the digital copies as somewhere between "in case you want to read it when traveling!" and "you made a slight mistake"? Or should I stick with one medium and buy the Liu series digitally (or in floppies, which are usually my preferred medium)?

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by Taral-DLOS View Post

My issue is that I really want to read the Marjorie Liu series. This book contains issues 1-3, and the next volume (as already on Amazon and the Hachette catalogue) will contain the balance plus the crossover with Daken: Dark Wolverine.

My problem is that I already own the digital copies of 12 of the remaining 14 issues in the book (the first volume with her origin story and the Target X miniseries). Though admittedly I didn't pay a lot for those (I want to say $10.99 for the origin story and ~$6 for Target X).

Should I buy these, and count the digital copies as somewhere between "in case you want to read it when traveling!" and "you made a slight mistake"? Or should I stick with one medium and buy the Liu series digitally (or in floppies, which are usually my preferred medium)?
    You could buy X-23, Vol. 1: The Killing Dream, which has #1-6 and material from Wolverine Saga, for about the same as you'd spend on the digital, and then pick up the X-23 Complete Collection, Vol. 2.

For what it's worth, I like pretty much all of the X-23 material - the early stuff is amazingly nuanced and gets unfairly slagged for her being a murder Barbie, and the Liu series was one of my favorites when it was around.

Interesting note: Lui's Vol. 2 has escalated to silly prices for some reason. One of the big reasons I try to pick up everything when it's first out rather than wait for the seemingly inevitable fire sales for the smaller titles.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Taral-DLOS View Post

Go for having both. Having back ups in either medium never hurt.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

OK, wait. How many of these Shang Chi or Master of Kung Fu omnibus books are there gonna be? I thought 4 combined? I've seen posters here say five and six.

I believe the people saying six are counting the 2 volumes of Deadly Hands of Kung Fu as well.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    OK, wait. How many of these Shang Chi or Master of Kung Fu omnibus books are there gonna be? I thought 4 combined? I've seen posters here say five and six.
    There will be 4 pretty slim Shang Chi Master of Kung Fu Omnis and I believe 2 pretty thick Deadly Hands of Kung Fu Omnis. The latter will reprint everything from the b/w DHKF magazines and the former will reprint all the 70s-80s Shang Chi stories chronologically bar those that were in DHKF.