Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyCeo View Post
    Then why isn't selling hot cakes, it's a boring pre omd with a predictable fantasy world where none of his villains are actively trying to kill him which makes it totally boring and authentic to the source. Peter not having a villain crisis and playing with his daughter more than he should is fanfiction fluff at best, not a good story.
    Slott's RYV. The mini that served as the main ASM title during Hickman's Secret Wars.

The AU spin-off that has seen major creative team and story shifts in its short lifespan is not the same thing. Slott's RYV did sell like hotcakes. That's why it got an ongoing spin-off in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Read my defense of the annual earlier in the thread,
    Doesn't change how I feel towards it.

If you feel your dislike of the annual comes from the perspective of "the legend of john henry's hammer" I can understand, but it is neither boring nor filler.
    Filler I can see your point, boring? That's entirely how I feel, or are you going to say that my opinion is wrong? 'Cause that would be just cute.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Slott's RYV. The mini that served as the main ASM title during Hickman's Secret Wars.

The AU spin-off that has seen major creative team and story shifts in its short lifespan is not the same thing. Slott's RYV did sell like hotcakes. That's why it got an ongoing spin-off in the first place.
    Did it get a significant increase in sells compared to the previous ASM volume though? Because Superior was also selling well despite the controversy, being the sole Spider-Man title helps.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Filler I can see your point, boring? That's entirely how I feel, or are you going to say that my opinion is wrong? 'Cause that would be just cute.
    No, no, it's fine. I'm glad you see my point on the filler aspect.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Did it get a significant increase in sells compared to the previous ASM volume though? Because Superior was also selling well despite the controversy, being the sole Spider-Man title helps.
    I don't work for Marvel and don't have access to their numbers. All I could see are the estimates that are online. But obviously Marvel had to be pleased if they approved an ongoing. (And it's clear that wasn't originally planned as it took quite a while for the ongoing to launch. Whereas other titles like A-Force and Old Man Logan were ready to go when Secret Wars ended.)

I'm so glad that Marvel got rid of the marriage so that we can focus on the important things liike shit stains in Peter's underwear.

and drug monsters.

Who needs character development?

Name them.

Pro tip: You can't.
    I can't?

awww... but I really wanted to!

Explain why. It's MJ willing to stand up for her man when he's in a poorly state.
    Because the scene tries to paint Mary Jane as being a badass that people will back down. The picture you posted before was of MJ beating Chameleon. that works because it's exactly NOT what you would expect from Mary Jane.

You can have one or the other. Either she's a badass that can cause people to back down, or she's one that nobody expects to be able to fight back, but can when pushed too far. The two examples you've shown do not illustrate the same character.

I'm so glad that Marvel got rid of the marriage so that we can focus on the important things liike shit stains in Peter's underwear.
    You do realize that Peter was just saying that to get somebody that was spying on him to go away, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Because the scene tries to paint Mary Jane as being a badass that people will back down. The picture you posted before was of MJ beating Chameleon. that works because it's exactly NOT what you would expect from Mary Jane.

You can have one or the other. Either she's a badass that can cause people to back down, or she's one that nobody expects to be able to fight back, but can when pushed too far. The two examples you've shown do not illustrate the same character.
    I don't think one has to negate the other.

Mary Jane is a tough woman who can be intimidating in the right circumstances (heck, even Aunt May can), but she's also a pretty face who people are liable to underestimate.

You do realize that Peter was just saying that to get somebody that was spying on him to go away, right?
    I don't care because I find toilet humor to be very out of place in a Spider-Man comic.

Quote Originally Posted by WeirdSpider View Post
    I don't care because I find toilet humor to be very out of place in a Spider-Man comic.
    Fair enough. That's a legitimate complaint, but it's a complaint that has nothing to do with the conversation we're having or the point you were trying to make.

Fair enough. That's a legitimate complaint, but it's a complaint that has nothing to do with the conversation we're having or the point you were trying to make.
    It is on point cause Marvel thinks that stuff like shit stain jokes, and drug monsters are more important than stories about character development.

I also feel that it shows how ever since getting rid of the marriage has made Peter more immature.

and drug monsters.

Who needs character development?
    What the hell is that thing!?
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    What the hell is that thing!?
    Freak, just another Bland New Day villain that failed to catch on with the fans.
    http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Freak_(Vagrant)_(Earth-616)

Freak, just another Bland New Day villain that failed to catch on with the fans.
    http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Freak_(Vagrant)_(Earth-616)
    Thanks for the info. Glad I gave up reading Spidey comics during that time period. Seems I didn't miss much of value lol.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

BND did not get off to a very compelling start. I wonder if Marvel considers that period a success or not, actually. There were a few story arcs that might be considered great still, but a ton of it was sub-par.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    BND did not get off to a very compelling start. I wonder if Marvel considers that period a success or not, actually. There were a few story arcs that might be considered great still, but a ton of it was sub-par.
    Slott was pretty much the MVP of that era and was consistently putting out all the best stuff, which is what landed him the regular writing gig when the era ended