Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Thor grew up in a fantasy norse world. Nowadays Clark grows up in a relatively modern rural setting, but that probably still had smartphones and social media.
    Smartphones in at least the 90s? Er, those didn't exist...

Superman being anti-machines or anti-technologies is like saying Batman is anti-people in suits and Arthur is anti-ridiculous helmets/masks. Clark just happens to fight robots and stuff, he's never been depicted as someone against those types of technologies.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Smartphones in at least the 90s? Er, those didn't exist...
    I still wouldn't expect to see Smallville be in that much of a bubble.

Quote Originally Posted by Twice-named View Post
    I actually liked this concept. And the corps being lost in the previously existing universe.
    What did you find appealing about Emotional Spectrum as DCs cosmology?

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Bane being Batman’s half brother.
    That's revealed to be not the case though... unless it was changed midway because it doesn't make sense for Thomas Wayne to spur a rebellion in Santa Prisca?

__

Hot Amanda Waller
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 10-28-2020 at 05:36 PM.

Hal Jordan being a drunk driver.

Wonder Woman's deadbeat twin brother was already mentioned.

Cassandra Cain turning evil.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    I don't think we'll be seeing the New 52 Justice League Dark's Nick Necro ever again in regards to Zatanna or John Constantine's backstories...

And I don't think anyone is in a rush to reference the Batman Bladder Spasm...

Come to think of it, Animal Man's appearances in the DCU seem to ignore what happened to the character after Morrison's run, especially once his title joined the Vertigo brand and divorced itself from the mainline DCU - i.e. Buddy Baker makes an appearance in the final arc of Morrison's JLA that brings him back to traditional superheroics after some of the out-there directions his then-recent Vertigo runs took him.
    Wasn't that the case with Doom Patrol as well? Granted, Morrison's Animal Man and Doom Patrol were both firmly in the DCU whereas post-Morrison, they were spun off into the Vertigo imprint, where continuity goes to die.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Ric Grayson

The Ravagers

Just about everything in regards to Scott Lobdell's Starfire

The New 52 Titans
    Ric Grayson is one of DC's greatest blunder, their greatest ones are Identity Crisis, Metal/ Death Metal and BWL.

Ravagers might've worked if the cast wasn't Terra and Beast Boy + literally whos and had a better plot. The book left me with this question: if Terra and Beast Boy can carry a book with bad writing, imagine what could be done with them in a book with competent writing?

New 52 Titans and Starfire's treatment are proof that Lobdell's success with Red Hood is a fluke, that book is almost competently written.

Incredible Member

Pretty good chunk of the New 52 when you think about it. Green Arrows was tossed from writer to writer

Quote Originally Posted by dornwolf View Post
    Pretty good chunk of the New 52 when you think about it. Green Arrows was tossed from writer to writer
    I sometimes forget they tried to make hip, young, non-goatee Green Arrow a thing although only Lemire's run really stuck.

The David Finch Wonder Woman costume

Amazons Attack

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Thor grew up in a fantasy norse world. Nowadays Clark grows up in a relatively modern rural setting, but that probably still had smartphones and social media.
    True, but being skeptical of man's dependence on technology is'nt exactly unfounded. There can be other sources for Clark's insistance on it. You can use technology and still question it. Superman doesn't need wierd ironarmor to be cool. - Terminator is also about man vs machines.

Regarding earlier comment about red tornado. While,i don't believe clark would attack iron giant, astroboy or red tornado for that matter because they would be alive. Clark wouldn't use them like mere tools. Heck! Clark might be the only one advocating for ai agent/robot rights. Superman was meant to be working class through and through. Also for clark, astroboy would be a real boy.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    No he does not. At no point has Superman ever once displayed a disdain for technology. You're reading into something that just plain is not there.
    Fine, superman loves technology. Must be why clark was racing bullets, trains... Etc. Intead of using guns or riding the train. Must be why he was catching aeroplanes instead flying inside. Superman makes tech look like it's useless. That humanity can achieve these feats through determination, sweat, perseverance... Etc. Superman picks a side.In this case, it is for human competence.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    True, but being skeptical of man's dependence on technology is'nt exactly unfounded. There can be other sources for Clark's insistance on it. You can use technology and still question it. Superman doesn't need wierd ironarmor to be cool. - Terminator is also about man vs machines.

Regarding earlier comment about red tornado. While,i don't believe clark would attack iron giant, astroboy or red tornado for that matter because they would be alive. Clark wouldn't use them like mere tools. Heck! Clark might be the only one advocating for ai agent/robot rights. Superman was meant to be working class through and through. Also for clark, astroboy would be a real boy.

Fine, superman loves technology. Must be why clark was racing bullets, trains... Etc. Intead of using guns or riding the train. Must be why he was catching aeroplanes instead flying inside. Superman makes tech look like it's useless. That humanity can achieve these feats through determination, sweat, perseverance... Etc. Superman picks a side.In this case, it is for human competence.
    I rest my case. This is all based on head canon. You're entitled to it but don't pretend it's gospel.

The Unknowns...though I suppose it's possible there might be a re-attempt at it one day.