Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Wasn't a fan of today's Metal Sick of Batman writers trying to make it seem that Bruce is the only one that Damian cares about and even making it seem like Damian doesn't value Dick and his opinions.
    I'm glad Dick was shown to be right in the end and I like the Jon Snow Nightwing ref but disappointed.

I hope we see more of the brothers going forward in metal and we find out more about Dick head injury and his connections to Metal.

Is it like a 3rd eye or something?
    Can writers stop making Dick Batfamily's punching bag. It's not funny at this point.

Did Scott Snyder has Bruce punching a teeth out of Dick again?.

I always find the Dick will walk away or doesn’t have the same drive as Bruce talk to be the most foolish and illogical. When has Dick ever quit outright? All he has ever done since leaving Haly’s Circus regardless of age was to fight for justice with or without a secret identity. Where does this in the end he’ll retire or start a family argument come from? All his major relationships are with superheroes and in the rare times we see him past the age of 30 comics he is still fighting for justice/ superheroing as seen in Kingdom Come, Earth Two etc. Dick does not want to be Batman because it is defined by Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne is not a mask he puts on a mask in public like a lot of normal people do but when he is not in a public setting Bruce = Batman and it is impossible standard to match up with and Dick knows that being Nightwing is the best way to establish himself as an individual. It doesn’t matter what is said in ‘Tec or by Damian because Bruce will always be Batman and anyone attempting to take over the Mantle is renting a cowl that will return to The Batman. This is why I don’t think Damian being Batman or Nightwing in the future will last when he gets older since by that time he should be mature enough to know it is better to define yourself uniquely as opposed to filling someone else’s costume.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Did Scott Snyder has Bruce punching a teeth out of Dick again?.
    Worse. Damian.
    I don't know why writers think it's appropriate for Batfamily members to even think that it's okay to hit Richard for whatever reason.

Oh man, i can see the rage in the Damian Wayne thread already, i would go to read to see how it went.

He thought Dick was abandoning his father, though as we know now Dick was just doing what Bruce wanted.

Yeah, i agreed with you, it wasn't bad.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nightbird View Post
    Worse. Damian.
    I don't know why writers think it's appropriate for Batfamily members to even think that it's okay to hit Richard for whatever reason.
    Depends on the reason. Ain`t nobody above an asswooping on principle.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    They keep letting Alfred slide though.

BANNED

He`s more sacred to writers than Bruce is.

Closest you get is Jason calling Alfred a **** cook.

And even Jason isn't able to tell him that on his face
    Last edited by TheCape; 10-11-2017 at 02:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    I call it bs. First, they had vague reasons to do it, nothing that they couldn't resolve/end with simple words. No, Jason had no rights to hit Dick, no matter how angry he was. Same applies to Damian. Second, how about to at least apologize for what you did? Right after or later, it doesn't matter. Violence, especially against a close person, is never an answer. I honestly don't like this tendency, when writers make Batfamily smack each other in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerWing View Post
    just read metal #3 and it was great to see dick interacting with dc's permier hero's for once. hope we get more soon.
    They even outright confirmed the Jon Snow comparisons .

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Yeah, i agreed with you, it wasn't bad.
    It wasn't the worst incident in which Dick has been slapped around by his family that's for sure but it's the frequency that it happens that gets me down. At this point Bruce, Jason, Babs, Tim and Damian have all taken a cheap shot. In the case of Babs and Damian it's multiple times now. And it's always Dick. All that's left now is for Alfred to knee him in the balls, that would be the icing on the cake.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nightbird View Post
    I call it bs. First, they had vague reasons to do it, nothing that they couldn't resolve/end with simple words. No, Jason had no rights to hit Dick, no matter how angry he was. Same applies to Damian. Second, how about to at least apologize for what you did? Right after or later, it doesn't matter. Violence, especially against a close person, is never an answer. I honestly don't like this tendency, when writers make Batfamily smack each other in the face.
    Lying about being dead and disagreeing over the fate of your father, aren`t "vague" reasons.