Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    . They've been nothing but civil, it's usually the other side. The only positive thing about this book is the return of Bart.
    Well.that's just not true at all.

|||||||||||||||||||||
    For instance \ /

Quote Originally Posted by BooCoo View Post
    Haven't posted in a while so here goes...
    Welp, now that Barry is OFFICIALLY a sidekick in his own book, all the Wally fans can have sex and celebrate their 'victory'. The series is obsessed with having more and more speedsters, and everyone is "better" than Barry for any and every reason. But let's keep him around for inspirational speeches about unity and family! He inspires! He has glow! We all wanna be like him just because he's good! The rest of the time is spent losing his powers or abilities every ten minutes. Don't get too excited about the "Wally is faster" bit because in this book, everybody seems to be faster especially the 'bad' flashes. Yes the Bart entry was cute but I think we're gonna end up with a mob of 'flashes' with nothing to distinguish them. The speed force is more transferable than a tatoo these days. I always liked the way both Barry and Wally played off each other and their relationship. It isn't about one being treated fair. Some people need to write their own stories since they dislike every thing and will keep moaning. Barry's boring, blah, blah. Wally's been ripped off, blah, blah. We have a right to complain! Blah, blah...never mind that there have been different versions of BOTH characters over time. The only flash war I see is the tiresome squabbling over who is supposedly better. While Williamson gets the mythos, I don't need to see a rehash of the "New Silver Age". At least Manapaul was moving forward with speedforce ability other than 'running fast around things' which is not only lame but its a weak visual. Future Blue Barry was Shiva trained in combat, something that makes sense actually. Remember the speed mind and seeing future scenarios? Maybe they should do Flash covers with Barry's smiling face in a little circle down in the corner saying "GUEST STARRING BARRY ALLEN." Give it a few months...Barry will be back in a dated crew cut and RedWally will sprout a hundred freckles.
    Honestly, you can put "blah, blah, blah" after any one line, it won't make it less true. It's specially contradictory complaining about the complaints from Wally's fanbase when the fact that Barry not being the sole focus and/or the sole "winner"/ Flash supreme for one story arc brings such a reaction out of you.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Are you boys fighting...again?

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Master Luke speaks for me.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Hey I like Barry and am not some rabid Wally fan, but come on. Barry did screw up everything Wally had in life when he went back in time. That is just a cold hard fact. Before Flashpoint Wally was a happy married father or two, and Barry screwed that all up. Even if it was Doctor Manhattan altering things it was Barry that set the whole thing in motion.

Wally should have some severe negative feelings about Barry now. Maybe not hate, but he should not want to be around him for a very long time while he process it all. Yeah Barry didn't mean to wreck Wallys life, but that doesn't change the fact that he did.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by TheSupernaut View Post
    Are you boys fighting...again?
    I'm not, I'm just pointing out, let's say, inconsistencies. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Well, Barry fans can calm down because DC got their back again:
    https://www.cbr.com/josh-williamson-...war-interview/

Things are going to slow down a little bit with the new Forces arc coming up against everything but then, by issue 58, we’re just going to ramp up. I look at everything, and I’m like, “Oh, my God, this story is getting bigger and bigger.” The villain that we introduced at the end of 50, that’s going to be a big, big player. The quest for Barry to become the fastest man alive again will be a big part of the story.
    Wally's time in spotlight didn't even last a day, ooops.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post

Hopefully Williamson starts writing a Barry who is more competent... and not always depressed and self-doubting.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashEarthOne View Post
    Hopefully Williamson starts writing a Barry who is more competent... and not always depressed and self-doubting.
    He was already doing that. He doesn't need to get back to "fastest" title though. Legacy doesn't work that way.

It is kind of weird that Williamson made a point that the story was about re-affirming Wally as the Fastest Man Alive and then making Barry's new goal to somehow become the fastest gain...like, it works by the standard of Barry being the lead character but where does that leave Wally?
    He was already doing that. He doesn't need to get back to "fastest" title though. Legacy doesn't work that way.
    Was he though? It seems like every step-forward or ending inspirational speech with his Barry leads to a step back in subsequent arcs.

Honestly up until that end part of the interview I was wondering to myself "why is Williamson writing Barry as the main character of this book again?" Because being an inspiration just makes him seem as relevant as when he was dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It is kind of weird that Williamson made a point that the story was about re-affirming Wally as the Fastest Man Alive and then making Barry's new goal to somehow become the fastest gain...like, it works by the standard of Barry being the lead character but where does that leave Wally?

Was he though? It seems like every step-forward or ending inspirational speech with his Barry leads to a step back in subsequent arcs.

Honestly up until that end part of the interview I was wondering to myself "why is Williamson writing Barry as the main character of this book again?" Because being an inspiration just makes him seem as relevant as when he was dead.
    Yeah like during the Grodd arc, Wally was protector of Central City for like 2 issues and Barry was actively trying to get his powers back during this time. Honestly Wally's treatment of editorial reminds me a lot of Akira Toriyamas attitude towards Vegeta. He throws his fans a bone but has no intention of giving one with any meat on it. That's why it's hard for me to get excited about anything Wally these days; because they pick me up just to put me down.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSupernaut View Post
    Yeah like during the Grodd arc, Wally was protector of Central City for like 2 issues and Barry was actively trying to get his powers back during this time. Honestly Wally's treatment of editorial reminds me a lot of Akira Toriyamas attitude towards Vegeta. He throws his fans a bone but has no intention of giving one with any meat on it. That's why it's hard for me to get excited about anything Wally these days; because they pick me up just to put me down.
    It's even weirder having this come out of Williamson's mouth considering how passionate he is about Wally.

Mighty Member

It's almost like he can like two things and that the "title" of Fastest Man Alive isn't all there is to either character.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    It's almost like he can like two things and that the "title" of Fastest Man Alive isn't all there is to either character.
    No but it leaves Wally in a place where he's less relevant. Not being the main Flash or The Fastest. I get where you're coming from but to many Wally fans, myself included him being the fastest is the only thing he has going for him right now. I really envy Flash fans who can love both of them equally I really do.

The bitterness is strong in this thread for both sides .

Anyway i'm fan of Wally and i don't hate Barry at all, i don't think that the issue did a disservice to the characthers, even if sad sack Barry and "I don't have a life" Wally are getting a bit repetitive, they need to reach a conclussion soon.

The highlight for me was seeing Impulse being back, pitty that Assam was banned i'm sure that he would have been over the moon right now.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    The bitterness is strong in this thread for both sides .

Anyway i'm fan of Wally and i don't hate Barry at all, i don't think that the issue did a disservice to the characthers, even if sad sack Barry and "I don't have a life" Wally are getting a bit repetitive, they need to reach a conclussion soon.

The highlight for me was seeing Impulse being back, pitty that Assam was banned i'm sure that he would have been over the moon right now.
    I'm a fan of both Barry and Wally but I feel like things are still not where they could be as far as how DC is handling the Flashes.

But hey, we got Bart back and Wally getting his shining moment again, so I'm not down in the dumps or anything .

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Except being fastest was the only thing Wally had whereas Barry has: Justice League, the bimonthly series, guest appearences, movies, TV, games....do i need to go on?

He shouldn't have written this if he was going to back out. It doesn't make any storytelling sense.