Page 72 of 73 FirstFirst ... 2262686970717273 LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 1084

Quote Originally Posted by JAK View Post
    That's very kind - though since I've been on since beta, I've had quite a bit of time to tinker with them.

I love seeing people's bases and ideas, though - so that'd be great!
    Eh, I don't have an excuse, I've been playing since launch day. I *should* have at least one base as badass as your own, but I am far too casual a player for the number of alts I try to support (over 30, I think).

Hell, my main Security has the top floor of his base dedicated as his "Krypton room" and even that isn't on the same level as your entire Fortress base!
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

In prder to stop this whole "
    Looks foolish"/"must adjust to the times" argument, Batman must change to wearing purple and pink with floppy ears and a tutu. His history must change from that of a kid who saw his parents being murdered to a kid who missed his dance recital because his parents were watching The View. As a result, Bruce Wayne's career becomes one who is determined to teach people the art of ballet. He's still called "Batman" however because he dances with a Bat-ton.

Quote Originally Posted by The Boss View Post
    In prder to stop this whole "
    Looks foolish"/"must adjust to the times" argument, Batman must change to wearing purple and pink with floppy ears and a tutu. His history must change from that of a kid who saw his parents being murdered to a kid who missed his dance recital because his parents were watching The View. As a result, Bruce Wayne's career becomes one who is determined to teach people the art of ballet. He's still called "Batman" however because he dances with a Bat-ton.
    What would internet conversation be without strawman arguments and false equivalencies such as this?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    What would internet conversation be without strawman arguments and false equivalencies such as this?
    The very definition of a reducto ad absurdum argument. "A form of argument which attempts to disprove a statement by showing it inevitably leads to a ridiculous, absurd, or impractical conclusion"
    Tracing back to the ancient Greek philosopher Aristotle's Prior Analytics.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    You do know the facepalmer in question wears trunks too right?

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    You do know the facepalmer in question wears trunks too right?
    But his trunks weren't subject to dumb jokes made by DC/WB.

Quote Originally Posted by last son of krypton View Post
    hahahahaha... How funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Has anyone studied Marketing? Or maybe someone can indicate what kind of Marketing is this?

DC is bringing it back and 'promoting' it like this. This is something which a 'no trunks supporter' would make as a joke. I am not getting what they are trying. This is not how you promote something which can be controversial. Any ideas?

BANNED

Smart ppl would take them serious,because they want ppl to take them serious,DC is not all that smart,and are following the whole,if we laugh WITH you,it'll b cool.

They have no idea that doesn't work,and probably never get it

Quote Originally Posted by Soubhagya View Post
    Has anyone studied Marketing? Or maybe someone can indicate what kind of Marketing is this?

DC is bringing it back and 'promoting' it like this. This is something which a 'no trunks supporter' would make as a joke. I am not getting what they are trying. This is not how you promote something which can be controversial. Any ideas?
    They’re trolling the people who hate the trunks. Which if you’re going to bring the trunks back is basically what you should do.

Quote Originally Posted by RepHope View Post
    They’re trolling the people who hate the trunks. Which if you’re going to bring the trunks back is basically what you should do.
    I would actually disagree on that notion. You don't win people over by mocking them, generally. In any case I'm not sure that's what they're doing at all, so much as just making an attempt to be funny. Its just...not really funny.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Soubhagya View Post

Other than poking a little fun at themselves and the entire trunks debate?

I dont think this was part of a larger marketing strategy (other than maybe following a basic direction for the campaign, but I haven't seen enough marketing of the trunks to know), just a tweet that brought attention to the upcoming Action 1K costume change and Injustice mobile game, while trying to get people to laugh a little bit.

Laughter is, after all, one of the best tools in the marketing arsenal. If you can get them to laugh, you've practically got their money in your hand already.

Whether this particular tweet pulled that off......that might be another thing altogether.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I would actually disagree on that notion. You don't win people over by mocking them, generally. In any case I'm not sure that's what they're doing at all, so much as just making an attempt to be funny. Its just...not really funny.
    Frankly there's no way to please everyone. I'm not all that excited to see the trunks back myself to be honest, but DC might as well embrace the controversy of them if they're going to come back. Maybe they could be less in your face about bringing them back, but the people who hate them would still complain.

Of course the trunks will probably be gone again after a while. Just got to wait it out.

So, they are making fun of themselves/ trolling. Alright. Thanks everyone.