Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Amazing Member

id say so far so good, and looking at the stories coming it will only get better, im getting a good few extra books, some ive been looking for good jump in point so legacy helps with hat as most books starting big stories.

i was actually happy enough before hand i liked seceret empire although some parts were gone into deep enough and others too much but that as more to do with personal dislike/like for certain characters. also love venom so all th extra venom stuff is good.

the gold/blue crossover is the main improvement as both books seem to be treading water abit because of secret empire and then waiting for legacy.

cant wait for the avengers and phoenix stuff in january, going to be getting a lot so some of th eones ive jumped into for new sarcs i amy not keep on but who knows.

I'm getting into Marvel comics with Legacy and I would say its so far so good... Read Incredible Hulk and Venom, enjoyed both of them, Hulk was a little bit better, it just explained the situation in a better way, while I was confused with Venom at certain periods.

Then again, I'm looking forwards to more books coming out in the future.
    Last edited by Serddar; 10-26-2017 at 01:27 AM.
    With blood and rage of crimson red,
    Ripped from a corpse so freshly dead,
    Together with our hellish hate,
    We'll burn you all,
    That is your fate!

Ultimate Member

The books I've been reading before have been pretty good.

Thing is (and a lot of us said this) anyone expecting a "Rebirth" like initiative will be sorely disappointed.

It's just the few characters that have been replaced coming back and in-universe status quo staying the same.

BANNED

It is far to soon to say but so far it's gotten a resounding "meh" from me. Nothings really changed beyond regurgitation of the status quo with half-hearted attempts to keeping the "new hotness". Not saying it's all bad but until I actually see changes to these characters that's not about turning them evil or axing them off to make way for the hip new hero to represent so&so who'll be dead or forgotten in 2 years because Marvel goes through Teen heroes like tissue paper I remain stoic.

It's all... pretty much the same?
    The only real difference for me is No Surrender, which does seem interesting.

Everything else didn't change much aside from even more nostalgia trips than normal.
    The X-books are still mostly incredibly mediocre and the solos are the same level of quality as before.

BANNED

Not enough has come out yet for us to make a judgment on whether it's any good.

Of the books I've read though, I'm enjoying the direction Legacy is taking them in. Incredible Hulk's current storyline shows more promise than any of the story arcs in TAHulk, and Legacy Peter Parker feels a lot more like the Peter Parker we know and love. I do get the strong feeling that Legacy is a stop-gap before another bigger relaunch, but that doesn't detract from the fact that these books are more enjoyable than they were pre-Legacy.

As a side note, I like that they're printing the names of story arcs on the cover. It's nice to have clearly defined story arcs.

I'm all for a bit positivity in here so good on you for enjoying it already.

Personally I didn't quite like the idea of Marvel doing a Rebirth clone and the Legacy Issue #1 didn't quite interest me either.
    But with Avengers No Surrender, the first Arc of Tales and Suspense and Old Man Hawkeye on the Horizon I'll get my Clint Barton fix so I am not complaining
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel/DC Fan View Post
    It is pretty much more of the same but with a flashy new banner. That being said, I still enjoy the titles I still get from Marvel.
    This is crazy talk...that new banner isn't flashy at all.

Anyways, only Legacy title I've read so far is Legacy, and that was pretty boring. Just made me wish the comic had be done by James Stokoe, and made me want to read Avengers 100th Anniversary Special again instead.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    I'm all for a bit positivity in here so good on you for enjoying it already.

Personally I didn't quite like the idea of Marvel doing a Rebirth clone and the Legacy Issue #1 didn't quite interest me either.
    But with Avengers No Surrender, the first Arc of Tales and Suspense and Old Man Hawkeye on the Horizon I'll get my Clint Barton fix so I am not complaining
    Don't think of it as them not doing a Rebirth clone, think of it as them not doing what they should have done with Secret Wars again. Although, man, can you imagine if they rebooted with Secret Wars, did all the dumb stuff they did afterwards, and then found themselves in this weird place where they needed to reboot again so soon? That'd be funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudman View Post
    As a side note, I like that they're printing the names of story arcs on the cover. It's nice to have clearly defined story arcs.
    They started trying that before when they had those "phony" #1 issues, but it seemed like it was maybe only for the start of the arc.

But the arc title at the top has been used a lot recently for DC's Rebirth books on the regular/standard covers (though the "Part no. ______" hasn't been as frequent in the past).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    They started trying that before when they had those "phony" #1 issues, but it seemed like it was maybe only for the start of the arc.

But the arc title at the top has been used a lot recently for DC's Rebirth books on the regular/standard covers (though the "Part no. ______" hasn't been as frequent in the past).

Who did it turn out to be a job for, Magic Mike or Brent Corrigan?

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    Yeah, a lot of it is kind of superficial. I'm not complaining, personally, since I was enjoying the books I was reading from Marvel for the most part, and would not have wanted all that to be brushed aside, and a lot of what I have seen so far in Legacy looks cool to me. But I have seen a bunch of people who seem to think it is a line wide resetting of the status quo, who i think will be disappointed when it doesn't end up being what they were hoping for. While there is some of characters returning to their old roles happening, like with Thor, Cap or Iron Man, i think it's just those stories coming to their always planned conclusion, and Marvel is like, they saw some high profile characters coming back to their traditional roles around the same time, and are trying to build on that. But it is far from a line wide reset, since there are a number of characters who won't be, like Hulk, Doctor Strange is actually losing his title... (though, that is not a complaint, I am personally super stoked for that story)

That being said, Excalibur was one of my all time favorite books, so the nostalgia hook is working for me on that one, even if it is just an annual.
    I can’t say I was seeing Legacy as a line wide reset, but it might be a refresh. I have certainly been surprised that post-Secret Empire things have seemed different, just that I can’t put my finger on it.

I’ve enjoyed and will put on my pull list Falcon, Avengers, Champions, Jessica Jones, invincible Iron Man, Cap, and Incredible Hulk. I like the fallout for Sam Wilson about the Captain America symbol being tainted, and Deadpool wanting to track down good Steve Rogers to kill him, and someone else trying to kill Hydra Cap.

I do wonder if the Watcher will return, or if old man Nick Fury remains the Watcher now? So many dead people have returned, I don’t see why not Uatu doesn’t.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudman View Post
    Not enough has come out yet for us to make a judgment on whether it's any good.

Of the books I've read though, I'm enjoying the direction Legacy is taking them in. Incredible Hulk's current storyline shows more promise than any of the story arcs in TAHulk, and Legacy Peter Parker feels a lot more like the Peter Parker we know and love. I do get the strong feeling that Legacy is a stop-gap before another bigger relaunch, but that doesn't detract from the fact that these books are more enjoyable than they were pre-Legacy.

Yes, I suppose Legacy is more enjoyable than pre-Legacy. You had old man Steve Rogers there for a year or so until he was turned into young Steve Rogers, but Legacy is the first real young Steve Rogers we’ve had since Remenders Iron Nail story, pre-Secret Wars. That sanity at least has been restored.

But why do you feel a “bigger relaunch” is on the horizon? I think Legacy has a long way to go in the form it is at the moment. There is enough new momentum in the books, and they will have to, because there will not be any Event spikes to give Marvel it’s profit hits.
    Last edited by jackolover; 10-27-2017 at 06:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Za Waldo View Post
    Don't think of it as them not doing a Rebirth clone, think of it as them not doing what they should have done with Secret Wars again. Although, man, can you imagine if they rebooted with Secret Wars, did all the dumb stuff they did afterwards, and then found themselves in this weird place where they needed to reboot again so soon? That'd be funny.
    Considering that I liked lots of stuff that came after Secret Wars I can't really agree with that.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    Considering that I liked lots of stuff that came after Secret Wars I can't really agree with that.
    Will there was Vision.

But what can't you agree with?