Page 61 of 111 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    No these aren't new releases. I went to a shop a friend told me about. It's a store that has many figures even some from years ago. The Mezco figure I got yesterday as a gift from one of my best friends and the pictures do it no justice to be honest. As for a Iron Man shelf. I've pretty much got an Iron Man room lol. From pops to figures to posters to statues. I've got Iron Man all over. I'll take some more pics and share them when I get the chance.
    That’s dope. Do post em when you have the time!

I know!!! We're almost there!!! Cafu's art is stunning. I can't say enough about it.
    It’s mesmerising *^* and Cantwells Interview got me hooked. I wonder since he might address Demon in a Bottle would he address the second drinking arc because the latter had more impact and it dived deep into Tonys alcoholism and recovery. It’s more realistic and it humanised Tony A LOT.
    Yikes, my grammar has gone to ****. Rip

Quote Originally Posted by BitParallel View Post
    That’s dope. Do post em when you have the time!

It’s mesmerising *^* and Cantwells Interview got me hooked. I wonder since he might address Demon in a Bottle would he address the second drinking arc because the latter had more impact and it dived deep into Tonys alcoholism and recovery. It’s more realistic and it humanised Tony A LOT.
    For sure. I will post some more of my Iron Man swag. I would like him to touch on the second drinking arc as well. It definitely was more impactful as an arc for Tony overall. Halt and Catch Fire was my favorite show when it was on and when I heard he was going to do it. I had to say I was over the moon. Him and Cafu are going to kill it!
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 08-04-2020 at 03:34 AM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Incredible Member

Iron Man #2 Bleedingcool preview. The art is outstanding!
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/iron...tease-preview/
    This does look good.
    Despite this, I'm going into the series with a bit of wariness. Burnt way too many times.
    Plus ealier posts criticizing/questioning Cantwell's writing don't offer any more comfort.
    Still, the countdown can officially begin.

For sure. I will post some more of my Iron Man swag. I would like him to touch on the second drinking arc as well. It definitely was more impactful as an arc for Tony overall. Halt and Catch Fire was my favorite show when it was on and when I heard he was going to do it. I had to say I was over the moon. Him and Cafu are going to kill it!
    Oh ****, I didn’t know he did TV. That’s cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
    This does look good.
    Despite this, I'm going into the series with a bit of wariness. Burnt way too many times.
    Plus ealier posts criticizing/questioning Cantwell's writing don't offer any more comfort.
    I understand this too. My only concern is the whole „Tonys got a big ego“ which wasn’t really his trait in the beginning. He transitioned into this big arrogant character, it’s cool and all but overblown and over utilised. He has other character traits than a drunk and arrogant which writers don’t seem to wanna use or explore.

I have asked Dr Dooms fans in their appreciation thread and all are pleased with Cantwells writing. He seems to have a good reputation. BUT marvel did fail us when it comes to Iron Man many many times so we should tread lightly.
    Yikes, my grammar has gone to ****. Rip

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
    This does look good.
    I hear what you're saying. I always go into things thinking like that as well, but I got a good feeling about this one. I hope it doesn't come back and bite me in the ass lol.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by BitParallel View Post
    Oh ****, I didn’t know he did TV. That’s cool.

I understand this too. My only concern is the whole „Tonys got a big ego“ which wasn’t really his trait in the beginning. He transitioned into this big arrogant character, it’s cool and all but overblown and over utilised. He has other character traits than a drunk and arrogant which writers don’t seem to wanna use or explore.

I have asked Dr Dooms fans in their appreciation thread and all are pleased with Cantwells writing. He seems to have a good reputation. BUT marvel did fail us when it comes to Iron Man many many times so we should tread lightly.
    Yes he has done TV. Great TV imo. Also I understand people being trepidatious. We have been burned before, but I just think this team is going to do a really good job. His Doom is up for awards and Doom fans seem to like it. I like that he is going to be looking into Tony's humanity. We have had enough of him questioning his nature. If he is human or not. He's starting off clean and fresh with this and we should too.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 08-05-2020 at 01:59 AM.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Here's another interview with Christopher Cantwell at the Marvel site. I like how he draws a link between his takes on Tony and Doom. I would love to see a crossover between these two books.

So how does the billionaire with a heart of steel compare to Marvel’s other metallic mastermind? “Both [Tony Stark and Victor Von Doom] are dreams come true to write,” expresses Cantwell. “Both are arrogant [and] wildly intelligent. Both of them might be too smart for their own good. Both think they’re helping or know what’s best and often times are wrong. Both of them are out to prove something in their respective stories. I think both books are funny, too, when it works for the story. Tony just has a better batting average and works harder not to kill people.”
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 08-05-2020 at 07:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Here's another interview with Christopher Cantwell at the Marvel site. I like how he draws a link between his takes Tony and Doom. I would love to see a crossover between these two books.
    Thanks for the share Iron Maiden. I was going to PM you to get your opinion on Cantwell. Tony and Doom do have a bit in common.

Tony brings in a brand new armor! SPOILERS
    https://www.cbr.com/iron-man-avenger...ic-four-armor/
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 08-05-2020 at 03:37 PM.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Thanks for the share Iron Maiden. I was going to PM you to get your opinion on Cantwell. Tony and Doom do have a bit in common.
    I do like it when you have a talented writer from the film medium be it movies or television working in comics that actually knows their stuff, like JMS did. I think Cantwell hits a fine balance of knowing who Doom is and also tossing in the unexpected. As the article says, there are some surprising elements of comedy in his Doctor Doom series. And just by seeing what arcs are his faves tells a lot too.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Here's another interview with Christopher Cantwell at the Marvel site. I like how he draws a link between his takes on Tony and Doom. I would love to see a crossover between these two books.
    Well, I don't really think of those similarities, but I guess they're there .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, I don't really think of those similarities, but I guess they're there .
    Yeah lol. There hard to miss. It sounds like he has a firm grasp on some of what makes both characters tick. Really looking forward to this new volume of Iron Man.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 08-07-2020 at 01:24 AM.

2ACBFEA2-D433-451C-B0B5-060BE7283B64.jpg A PVC statue of Iron Man I have.

Tony was in Black Cat #11 and this weeks issue #12 for those interested in Tony’s appearances.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Hellcat!! Absorbing Man!!