Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    I hope not.It would be a total waste of a character. If he did become the LT, he would show up in a comic once or twice a year if he's lucky.

Look at Nick Fury. What a waste turning him into the Watcher!
    If they aren't going to do something with Nick Fury Sr. then he should return. I miss Uatu.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    I was looking at the latest info on him,and even with the past upgrades, 616 warlock is not on blue marvel's and silver surfer's level.
    For the recent info some of the powers i see in the list he does not have anymore as well.

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Adam_Wa...28Earth-616%29
    In Infinity Revelation, Warlock took down Surfer in one panel. Granted it was a cheap shot from behind... but in the least an easy one hit KO would demonstrate he's at least at Surfers level if not above it.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Is Blue Marvel skyfather level? No.

Is he an elite super hero on par with Thor, Silver Surfer and the rest of the cosmic big guns? Yes.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    In Infinity Revelation, Warlock took down Surfer in one panel. Granted it was a cheap shot from behind... but in the least an easy one hit KO would demonstrate he's at least at Surfers level if not above it.
    I say he is below silver surfer,blue marvel,thor and hyperion and not on thier level.
    He is really powerful however.
    Remember hulk gets cheap shots at thor(male thor) sometimes,but hulk is not on thor's level.
    Last edited by mace11; 05-22-2016 at 07:31 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I'ma guess Starlin was writing it?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by itspopularnowitsucks View Post
    In my mind all superman analogues are roughly same level in terms of raw strength and durability, that means Blue Marvel is on the level of Hyperion, Gladiator, Sentry, Thor, Carol Danvers, Monet St. Croix etc.
    Then you can apply different shtick they have, like Blue Marvel has super science, Gladiator scales with psychic confidence, Sentry has Void, Thor has lightning, Carol Danvers can go binary, M gets trade-off with telepathy etc. Then since Odin is of course above Thor, Blue Marvel is not his level.

Now in terms of Heralds, Galadorian spaceknights decided that Beta Ray Bill (= Thor level) is on the same level as Gladiator and Silver Surfer post Thanos Imperative. Now I don't like the word "low-level herald". It really depends on how much "Power Cosmic" has been allotted to the character for story purpose.

THIS

Whatever power level one deems Hyperion, Gladiator, Sentry and Thor is the power level that Blue Marvel boasts.
    If none are above the Skyfather then neither is Adam Brashear / Blue Marvel. If any are then so is he.
    Last edited by Customizer; 05-23-2016 at 12:09 AM.
    Don't complain. Create.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I'ma guess Starlin was writing it?
    Yes, but Warlock has done that before and this Warlock was considerably more powerful than other versions of himself. Also consider how Warlok's power is fluctuating. For example in his Magus persona he has the potential to be more powerful even than Thanos although it remains to be seen if getting that powerful inevitably causes Warlock to turn into Magus.

As for the OP question: no Blue Marvel is not skyfather level, he's more or less at the same level with cosmic heroes and gods like Thor.

P.S.

I don't consider Odin's last showing against Jane Thor in any way representative of Skyfather level.

I don't know if it's been mentioned in the thread yet, but Kevin Grevioux, BM's creator, did say in an interview when the first Legend of Blue Marvel -miniseries came out, that he intended Blue Marvel to be "more powerful than Sentry, but not as powerful as Thor". Or something to that effect.

Wait, I think I found the article actually...

Comic-Con International 2008 - Mondo Marvel
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=17381

For the US government to be so aware of the Blue Marvel's power level, how powerful is he?
    Grevioux: "I will say stronger than Superman, weaker than Thor."
    Ok... a bit vague that one - depends on which version of Superman he's talking about, I suppose. I think we can fairly accurately assume that he's talking about the Thor at the time though, which I do believe was the Thor-incarnation in Thor: Diassembled - RAGNAROK.

Which means that he's certainly below Skyfather-level, since Thor had lost the Odin-power in that story.

So, my own view on it is like this... In order of increasing power...

8 Captain Marvel III (Carol)
    7 Hulk
    6 Blue Marvel
    5 Thor
    4 Silver Surfer
    3 Odin (Skyfather)
    2 Sentry / Void
    1 Galactus

I know that the placing of Sentry seems like madness, but the reason I put it there is because he's obviously more powerful than Thor, as seen in Siege, and when his powers are fully unchecked - he's apparently up there with MOLECULE MAN (on a bad day) - so more powerful than Silver Surfer, and even Odin. 0.0 (one could argue tho', that Classic 70's Odin is about as powerful as 80's Molecule Man - seeing as the greatest feat of both is to both destroy and rekindle a galaxy)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by N'Dare View Post
    I can accept change BUT this was hard.
    Eh, I have no problem with it. It if it confine to the previous continuity that I would have a slightly greater issue, but the fact that this is a brand new universe means all the rules are easily changeable. It's their box, they can create it how they see fit. Now after ANAD Marvel has been establish for a few years and continuity is more concrete, than I hope they stay align with their changes. But at the moment in their newborn stages, I'm perfectly fine with them shaking things up to a certain extent.

Astonishing Member

Oh power levels. You're hilarious.

It's not something we can ever really know for sure.

Look at Blue Marvel's feats and strength levels over his few years already.

He's probably a bit stronger than a baseline Sentry who's not Void-ing out as per his mini.

He beat King Hyperion in a physical battle with difficulty but this Hyperion was from what Exiles established stronger than a baseline Hyperion seems to be (though the current Squadron Supreme Hyperion is stronger still based on feats).

Yet if I compared the two I'd still argue Adam would beat the Hickman Hyperion if on level ground when mathematically speaking he shouldn't be able to.

Astonishing Member

But I tend to view Adam somewhere in the Herald range. Able to beat a weaker Herald like say Firelord and on a really good day maybe defeat Surfer.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by L.R Johansson View Post
    I don't know if it's been mentioned in the thread yet, but Kevin Grevioux, BM's creator, did say in an interview when the first Legend of Blue Marvel -miniseries came out, that he intended Blue Marvel to be "more powerful than Sentry, but not as powerful as Thor". Or something to that effect.

Wait, I think I found the article actually...

Comic-Con International 2008 - Mondo Marvel
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=17381

Ok... a bit vague that one - depends on which version of Superman he's talking about, I suppose. I think we can fairly accurately assume that he's talking about the Thor at the time though, which I do believe was the Thor-incarnation in Thor: Diassembled - RAGNAROK.

Which means that he's certainly below Skyfather-level, since Thor had lost the Odin-power in that story.

So, my own view on it is like this... In order of increasing power...

8 Captain Marvel III (Carol)
    7 Hulk
    6 Blue Marvel
    5 Thor
    4 Silver Surfer
    3 Odin (Skyfather)
    2 Sentry / Void
    1 Galactus

I know that the placing of Sentry seems like madness, but the reason I put it there is because he's obviously more powerful than Thor, as seen in Siege, and when his powers are fully unchecked - he's apparently up there with MOLECULE MAN (on a bad day) - so more powerful than Silver Surfer, and even Odin. 0.0 (one could argue tho', that Classic 70's Odin is about as powerful as 80's Molecule Man - seeing as the greatest feat of both is to both destroy and rekindle a galaxy)

I wouldn't really go by that quote, just by the erroneous statement within itself. For example,we know that Superman is stronger than baseline Thor since superman beat Thor.
    I'd go by the writings. For example Thor got wrecked by Sentry. But Sentry got knocked out of orbit by Blue Marvel. (Though if I remember correctly, the Sentry that beat Thor was Void base Sentry, not baseline, please correct me if I'm wrong)

His biggest feat though was defeating King Hyperion. People don't really understand how grave a threat he actually was. King Hyperiod literally killed thanos and galactus of other galaxies. I'll repeat that, numerous thanos and galactus.

That's why I said I can definitely see him at skyfather level, especially if Thor is currently at one as well.

To take a bite out of wu tang

Blue marvel ain't nuthing ta f wit.

Extraordinary Member

Kevin Grevioux had another interview later on and said blue marvel is on the level of thor and sentry,so he changed his mind.

He gave two interviews and that confused alot folks in the forums like comicvine and other battle forums.
    Keep in mind stan lee a few years ago said thor was more powerful then silver surfer.

As for the reason why both Kevin and stan said thor is the most powerful at that time is because that was not normal thor,it was odin force or rune king thor etc..

Stan lee intended originally for thor to be stronger then hulk too but over time hulk has become stronger then normal thor.
    Odin force/thor force thor is equal in strength to blue marvel and worldbreaker hulk.

Rune king thor could be stronger then both,but these versions of thor is not normal thor.

Warrior madness thor is stronger then normal thor but not as strong as superman or sentry.
    Thor overtime has become as strong as superman,but superman in direct sunlight is stronger then normal thor.
    Warrior madness thor with belt of strength is stronger then superman and equals blue marvel in strength.

Blue marvel and sentry are both stronger then thor and superman.
    I say they are both stronger then hickmen's hyperion too and i say blue marvel is stronger then sentry.

From what i could tell looking at comics combined with the powergrid/bio info etc..
    I say blue marvel,silver surfer,sentry and thor are in the same power group.
    All high heralds and below skyfather.
    Sentry / Void and Galactus are above Odin (skyfather).
    The most powerful in this group to me is in this order.

1 Galactus
    2 Sentry / Void
    3 Odin (Skyfather)
    4 Blue marvel
    5 Sentry(normal)
    6 Silver surfer
    7 Thor
    8 Hyperion
    9 Hulk/Captain Marvel (Carol)
    or
    10 Captain Marvel (Carol)
    Last edited by mace11; 05-23-2016 at 10:48 AM.

Extraordinary Member

This reply was deleted.
    Last edited by mace11; 05-23-2016 at 10:51 AM.

Extraordinary Member

I add/edited some info above.
    It will help clear up the confusion dealing with thor as well.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Kevin Grevioux had another interview later on and said blue marvel is on the level of thor and sentry,so he changed his mind.

He gave two interviews and that confused alot folks in the forums like comicvine and other battle forums.
    Keep in mind stan lee a few years ago said thor was more powerful then silver surfer.

As for the reason why both Kevin and stan said thor is the most powerful at that time is because that was not normal thor,it was odin force or rune king thor etc..

Stan lee intended originally for thor to be stronger then hulk too but over time hulk has become stronger then normal thor.
    Odin force/thor force thor is equal in strength to blue marvel and worldbreaker hulk.

Rune king thor could be stronger then both,but these versions of thor is not normal thor.

Warrior madness thor is stronger then normal thor but not as strong as superman or sentry.
    Thor overtime has become as strong as superman,but superman in direct sunlight is stronger then normal thor.
    Warrior madness thor with belt of strength is stronger then superman and equals blue marvel in strength.

Blue marvel and sentry are both stronger then thor and superman.
    I say they are both stronger then hickmen's hyperion too and i say blue marvel is stronger then sentry.

From what i could tell looking at comics combined with the powergrid/bio info etc..
    I say blue marvel,silver surfer,sentry and thor are in the same power group.
    All high heralds and below skyfather.
    Sentry / Void and Galactus are above Odin (skyfather).
    The most powerful in this group to me is in this order.

1 Galactus
    2 Sentry / Void
    3 Odin (Skyfather)
    4 Blue marvel
    5 Sentry(normal)
    6 Silver surfer
    7 Thor
    8 Hyperion
    9 Hulk/Captain Marvel (Carol)
    or
    10 Captain Marvel (Carol)
    Last edited by mace11; 05-23-2016 at 11:05 AM.