Page 400 of 661 FirstFirst ... 300350390396397398399400401402403404410450500 ... LastLast
Results 5,986 to 6,000 of 9901

Quote Originally Posted by Sion Reaver View Post
    The blushing was a curious case, she could guess what those genre may have been. "She does. In fact, its probably one of the biggest libraries I've seen. The amount and quality of the books from what little I've seen is a notch or two above the norm. I'll show you my favorite section, I'm sure we have some of the same interest in genre's with at least one."

Hopefully, but if not that was fine too.
    "I'm certain that we will find at least one genre we both enjoy Karine." Shiro said with a smile.

After a few moments of silence, Shiro said "Thank you for this, Karine. After some of the things I learned today, I need something to distract me for the time being and I find company helps to do that."
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    Two of Asha'rah's orbs floated over, one of them briefly touching Erosa's forehead. Tag, you're It! Asha'rah laughed, a hint of playful mischief in her voice.

Then the orbs sped off, orbiting one another in a roughly circular pattern as they barged their way through a host of demons like sentient cannonballs. In their wake, they left a trial of disruption and broken limbs, easy pickings for Erosa to follow through on if she gave chase.
    "Erosa was it last time!" Erosa yelled in protest, but nevertheless took off like a bullet after the two balls, slicing through anything unfortunate enough to get in the way or be anywhere near her trajectory. Slowed down by having to smash through hundreds of demon bodies while Erosa cut through the wake, it was only a matter of time before Erosa gained ground and...

‘This perhaps marked Earth’s first true gathering of mighty warriors. Arthur, before he became Kami, lead a force against them and defeated the entire horde. They fought with overwhelming numbers, and as you demonstrated, against the likes of you such a foe is foolish. But Earth has faced multitudes of enemies, foreign or domestic. How shall you handle this one, I wonder?’

Kami’s voice fades, and then the room shifts.

And just like that, the demons vanish. The room adjusts, and they find themselves amidst a burning city at night. The city is old, all wood and stone, with no modern conveniences around.
    Landed in a mess with the group, now in a new scene.

....and the first thing she did upon rising was make sure to slap Asha'rah on the arm with a satisfied grunt.

Fantastic Member

Though the scene had changed, the distance between himself and his orbs had not. Taking advantage of the scenario, and their immunity to the otherwise noxious effects of a town set ablaze, Koorimaru took the opportunity to survey his surroundings with the orbs.

"I have established a visual connection within the town. If it is within our dear Slak's abilities to allow it, I am now transferring a direct feed of the images over our psychic link. In the meantime," He said, without looking, but giving every indication that he was speaking directly to Sasheem, "I would suggest that none of us further aggravate the current situation."

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

The burning city before them, despite the flames, is devoid of sound. Almost, unnaturally so.

A thin beam of grey energy pierces the smoke, undetectable, and slams into Midori, punching through her left shoulder. Another beam takes Shiro in the gut, taking both flyers down.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    The burning city before them, despite the flames, is devoid of sound. Almost, unnaturally so.

A thin beam of grey energy pierces the smoke, undetectable, and slams into Midori, punching through her left shoulder. Another beam takes Shiro in the gut, taking both flyers down.
    Seeing Midori and Shiro go down, Meagan yells, "Defenses up, we're under attack! Slak, someone help the Sisters!" As she spoke, she threw up a defensive barrier large enough to cover all of them.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

The scene around them changes to another disaster, yet another time where this planet was at risk. A burning city.

Such a waste.

Quote Originally Posted by KamenRaida View Post
    Though the scene had changed, the distance between himself and his orbs had not. Taking advantage of the scenario, and their immunity to the otherwise noxious effects of a town set ablaze, Koorimaru took the opportunity to survey his surroundings with the orbs.

"I have established a visual connection within the town. If it is within our dear Slak's abilities to allow it, I am now transferring a direct feed of the images over our psychic link. In the meantime," He said, without looking, but giving every indication that he was speaking directly to Sasheem, "I would suggest that none of us further aggravate the current situation."
    "That can be arranged," Slaks says as he focuses. He transmits the images of the town from Koorimaru to everyone else.

The attack is sudden yet all too expected. He hears Meagan's shout. Unfortunately, his healing powers will not work on the androids. Nevertheless, there are other ways he can help. With Scales of the Dragon still active, he dashes in front of the sisters, purple lightning crackling over his body. His arms form an X in front of him, ready to take an attack if needed.

While doing that he focuses on sensing any nearby Ki signatures that do not belong to the group.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

One more shot pings off Meagan’s barrier before the shots stop.

Nothing pings on ki senses.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Sarada saw the two androids go down to a pair of grey ki blasts. A third bounced off of Meagan's barrier before the brief assault came to a halt.

"Ki sense isn't picking anything up," she noted, mostly to herself, but loudly enough for the others to here. "Let's flush them out."

She fired a pair of ki blasts in the direction she saw the grey ones come from.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Seeing Midori and Shiro go down, Meagan yells, "Defenses up, we're under attack! Slak, someone help the Sisters!" As she spoke, she threw up a defensive barrier large enough to cover all of them.
    "Midori! Shiro!" Zaofan looked around, but saw nothing except smoke and fire. This training was a disaster, and after a brief moment, Zaofan couldn't help but feel a bit guilty, since it was his idea that the flyers go up, leaving them vulnerable.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    The attack is sudden yet all too expected. He hears Meagan's shout. Unfortunately, his healing powers will not work on the androids. Nevertheless, there are other ways he can help. With Scales of the Dragon still active, he dashes in front of the sisters, purple lightning crackling over his body. His arms form an X in front of him, ready to take an attack if needed.

While doing that he focuses on sensing any nearby Ki signatures that do not belong to the group.

"SNIPER! We have a sniper!" he yelled, as he ducked for cover both behind the barrier and the shambles of a large concrete wall. "And... I can't detect where it's coming from! I can't sense their ki! Eyes peeled, everyone!"
    Last edited by Cyke; 03-13-2018 at 09:01 AM.

Either the sniper is far off or it’s a machine. The only answers I can give here.”
    Frowns as the robots were hurt.:

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    "Midori! Shiro!" Zaofan looked around, but saw nothing except smoke and fire. This training was a disaster, and after a brief moment, Zaofan couldn't help but feel a bit guilty, since it was his idea that the flyers go up, leaving them vulnerable.

"SNIPER! We have a sniper!" he yelled, as he ducked for cover both behind the barrier and the shambles of a large concrete wall. And... I can't detect where it's coming from! I can't sense their ki! Eyes peeled, everyone!"
    Using the psychic link, "I'm going out to scout. Going to drop my shield, whomever has the best defense shield everyone else." Meagan waited to make sure another shield was erected to replace hers before she dropped it.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Two more pings off the barrier, this time from different directions.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

“ Hmmmm. It is either moving really fast or there are multiples.”

He then goes out of the barrier, thickens his skin and does his impression of gomu gomu Gatling. Rapid fire strong fists plowing the burning debris and hitting the angles and surrounding areas with really big fists. Saving his ki so he would need it. Something told him bigger trouble around the corner.:

As Ishtar stands with fists clenched thd group finds themselves under attack.

Lances of grey energy pierce the smoke, striking Midori and Shiro both, Meagan cries out for defense. Sarada attempts to sense them, and finds nothing. And as thd group begins to slowly respond more lances of energy impact Meagan's barrier, only for the Chromakian to say she intends to drop it so that she can go scouting.

"Druj," in a shimmer of Frost an icy simulacrum replaces Ishtar as she attempts to step out and follow the direction of the most recent shots, while hidden.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Using the psychic link, "I'm going out to scout. Going to drop my shield, whomever has the best defense shield everyone else." Meagan waited to make sure another shield was erected to replace hers before she dropped it.
    "Gao...Erosa go too, hiding enemy is best for hunting..." Erosa dropped to all fours and darted out of the shield, her body shimmering as it vanished into the cover and smoke just beyond. If the enemy didn't give off any ki, she'd have to rely on sound, sight and smell to track down her prey....just as it should be.