View Poll Results: Do you believe Storm to be solely a weather manipulator?

Voters
112. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes: she needs weather for her powers to work

64 57.14%
  • No: She percieves energy and her manipulation of this results in weather phenomenon

37 33.04%
  • I dont know.

11 9.82%
Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JustAnotherFan View Post
    Once again, Storm fans are making the argument of why Storm is canonically omnipotent... What is it with Storm fans’ obsession over having Storm be the most powerful being in existence?! And don’t tell me all that it’s not unique to Storm because other characters have their own fans who are obsessed with their feats. I know that all characters have some faction of fans who want their favorite to be shown as powerful but it seems that most Storm fans (at least on these forums) want her to be established as this uber powerful omnipotent goddess who can do anything. If they had their way Storm could manipulate all types of energy on unlimited scale and she could channel some vague primal energies to slow her aging, heal faster than Wolverine, enhance her strenght & durability to Hulk-like levels and she could simulate psychic abilities by manipulating electrical impulses in the brains. Oh and obviously on top of that she’d be a Dr. Strange level mystic as well. I just don’t understand why her fans are so obsessed with her powers.? It’s like they actually hate her and want her to become too OP for any writer to use.
    You see, the thing is I don't really see any Storm fans saying Storm should be an omnipotent TOAA level Godhead. This is a hyperbole, people like you use to paint all Storm fans as crazed and delusional. I believe all Storm fans just want Storm to be written as her powers have been established so I don't understand why that's so difficult for you and your ilk to get.

I'll use your own words here:

Storm could manipulate all types of energy on unlimited scale
    Wrong, no one is saying Storm should be able to manipulate every single form of energy in existence, but it is a proven fact that she can recognize and trace different energy signatures. Personally, I don't see her beating down Cyclops with his own optic beams or smashing through someone's mind because she can control the surrounding psychic energy.

she could channel some vague primal energies to slow her aging
    Personally, I don't believe Storm is that vain, but then again if she transcends her human form aging won't really be an issue.

heal faster than Wolverine
    The closest we've come to that is when she used lightning to cauterize her wounds to stop her from bleeding out.

enhance her strength & durability to Hulk-like levels
    Well, given the strength of her winds she's already accomplished the strength part of your statement several times over and as for the durability well, that's still up in the air until they make her pressure domes a thing again.

she could simulate psychic abilities by manipulating electrical impulses in the brains
    While I don't see her having fully fledged telepathic powers I really don't see the issue of her being able to trigger certain parts of the brain to get the desired response, for example the so called 'fight or flight' response would be something simple and efficient I believe she could pull off given her control over the electrical impulses in the body.

Oh and obviously on top of that she’d be a Dr. Strange level mystic as well.
    Well, it's not out of the realm of possibilities if you take into account that her bloodline gives her that power. Her ancestor was a sorcerer supreme and another ancestor was a powerful magic user not to mention an AU older version of Storm trained 616 Magik in the use of sorcery. Also lets not forget that in the 616 universe any person who has the willpower can train to become a mystic of varying power level or is Doctor Strange an outlier? Storm's bloodline should give her a boost if nothing else. I mean, hell she's already channeled the same amount of mystical energy that almost killed Magik by sheer instinct.

Now no one is saying that Storm should show up to a fight packing dimension shattering energy blasts and god summoning magic, but to just sweep all of that potential under the rug just because you and your ilk doesn't like it or understand it is wrong.

Everything I've said here is easily researchable and backed by canon, so it's not like I'm pulling this from thin air and trying to pass it off as truth. You may not like it, but it's there! I don't like Emma Frost banging her way to becoming a top-tier X-woman but hey here we are.

~Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Son_Of_A_Goddess View Post
    You see, the thing is I don't really see any Storm fans saying Storm should be an omnipotent TOAA level Godhead. This is a hyperbole, people like you use to paint all Storm fans as crazed and delusional. I believe all Storm fans just want Storm to be written as her powers have been established so I don't understand why that's so difficult for you and your ilk to get.

Wrong, no one is saying Storm should be able to manipulate every single form of energy in existence, but it is a proven fact that she can recognize and trace different energy signatures. Personally, I don't see her beating down Cyclops with his own optic beams or smashing through someone's mind because she can control the surrounding psychic energy.

Personally, I don't believe Storm is that vain, but then again if she transcends her human form aging won't really be an issue.

The closest we've come to that is when she used lightning to cauterize her wounds to stop her from bleeding out.

Well, given the strength of her winds she's already accomplished the strength part of your statement several times over and as for the durability well, that's still up in the air until they make her pressure domes a thing again.

While I don't see her having fully fledged telepathic powers I really don't see the issue of her being able to trigger certain parts of the brain to get the desired response, for example the so called 'fight or flight' response would be something simple and efficient I believe she could pull off given her control over the electrical impulses in the body.

Well, it's not out of the realm of possibilities if you take into account that her bloodline gives her that power. Her ancestor was a sorcerer supreme and another ancestor was a powerful magic user not to mention an AU older version of Storm trained 616 Magik in the use of sorcery. Also lets not forget that in the 616 universe any person who has the willpower can train to become a mystic of varying power level or is Doctor Strange an outlier? Storm's bloodline should give her a boost if nothing else. I mean, hell she's already channeled the same amount of mystical energy that almost killed Magik by sheer instinct.

Now no one is saying that Storm should show up to a fight packing dimension shattering energy blasts and god summoning magic, but to just sweep all of that potential under the rug just because you and your ilk doesn't like it or understand it is wrong.

Everything I've said here is easily researchable and backed by canon, so it's not like I'm pulling this from thin air and trying to pass it off as truth. You may not like it, but it's there! I don't like Emma Frost banging her way to becoming a top-tier X-woman but hey here we are.

~Cheers
    This...

10char

If Marvel did go this route, I think the best place to explore Storm's powers in depth would be a solo series. I know that one is in the works by Ta-Nehisi Coates, though Marvel hasn't committed to a release date. I would be curious to see how well this depiction of her worked, and whether it made for compelling stories. It could, though my concern would be that it would make her series about her powers rather than her character. It would potentially feel like a Brandon Sanderson novel, where it's all about exploring the magic system. Some people are into that, but I find it dull.

For context, I say this as a Gambit fan who found the New Sun/Son arc the most boring that Gambit has been. Alternate Gambit is basically a god who fulfills a prophecy and can move planets and has not a single interesting moment as a character. It made me grateful that Sinister ripped out that part of his brain.

Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    If Marvel did go this route, I think the best place to explore Storm's powers in depth would be a solo series. I know that one is in the works by Ta-Nehisi Coates, though Marvel hasn't committed to a release date. I would be curious to see how well this depiction of her worked, and whether it made for compelling stories. It could, though my concern would be that it would make her series about her powers rather than her character. It would potentially feel like a Brandon Sanderson novel, where it's all about exploring the magic system. Some people are into that, but I find it dull.
    "was". Marvel has never officially confirmed that and its been almost a year since the alleged creative team teased it with nothing materializing. Meanwhile Coates has launched multiple new books, none of which is Storm. There might have been plans for one at some point in ResurrXion but things change all the time. I'll believe this is actually a thing if and when we ever get to read it #Fakenews

~Cheers
    After a day of cooling off, I was just about to come and reply to some posters...but I see Son took care of it.

Next...
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by ShepardOakenshieldPrime View Post
    This...

10char
    Danke!

Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post

For context, I say this as a Gambit fan who found the New Sun/Son arc the most boring that Gambit has been. Alternate Gambit is basically a god who fulfills a prophecy and can move planets and has not a single interesting moment as a character. It made me grateful that Sinister ripped out that part of his brain.
    But the thing is, no Storm fan would want Storm to stay at that level. For decades, fans have been saying Storm is a goddess and many dismissed that claim as the preachings of rabid fan boys and low and behold Coates comes along and makes it official.

At the end of the day it would be nice to have confirmation of the things we've been saying that is supported by canon!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    "was". Marvel has never officially confirmed that and its been almost a year since the alleged creative team teased it with nothing materializing. Meanwhile Coates has launched multiple new books, none of which is Storm. There might have been plans for one at some point in ResurrXion but things change all the time. I'll believe this is actually a thing if and when we ever get to read it #Fakenews
    Yeah, this really irked me! While I appreciate them wanting to do a Storm solo if there was nothing concrete and it was condensed down to 'when they both have time' why even bother teasing it in the first place? At best it's annoying and at worse, it borders on cruel

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    After a day of cooling off, I was just about to come and reply to some posters...but I see Son took care of it.

Next...
    Ha-ha, well I suppose you can thank butterflykyss as they encouraged me to start posting more. But I've been lurking on the site for years now, hell the only reason I made an account was to view the scans posted lol.

~Cheers
    I came out of retirement to endorse this post in its entirety.
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CookieOnTsunami View Post
    You retired?

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    You retired?
    take your foot off my neck pls I'm just trynna live lmao
    DhZKbw4XcAEwPQt.jpg
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Storm is one of my all time favorite characters. I absolutely love her, but I am not interested in seeing her as an omnipototent goddess. I prefer my characters to have some flaws and weaknesses. That being said I’m tired of the “I feel sorry for myself Storm” I want a confident yet humble Storm who doesn’t rely on fancy feats of power to earn the respect of her peers and earn the right to lead once more. What is also more interesting is to see her use her powers creatively but not necessarily where they make her more omnipotent.

BANNED

is this called "miseducation of Ms. Munore" because she did something 20 years ago and never did anything like it again?

The All-Goddess isn't effective in a team book. We all complain about Kitty's ridiculous antics any other character is the same. No one character should be able to do everything and solve every problem. It's boring.

The Acolytes of the All-Goddess have their own thread this one is redundant.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    is this called "miseducation of Ms. Munore" because she did something 20 years ago and never did anything like it again?
    It's called that because Guggs doesn't utilise Ororo the same way Claremont did but to be honest that panel where she used her powers to rearrange the molecules of her clothing makes me glad he doesn't.

The All-Goddess isn't effective in a team book. We all complain about Kitty's ridiculous antics any other character is the same. No one character should be able to do everything and solve every problem. It's boring.

Did you read the thread or just decide to come in and post some snark?

It's not about something Storm did 20 years ago, it's about people misunderstanding her powers and that if she doesn't have weather she's powerless, which decades of canon have shown us is not the case at all.

People complain about Kitty because it is absolutely ridiculous that a child is leading veteran X-men in combat and said veteran X-men are acting like their brains are no longer working.

Quote Originally Posted by CookieOnTsunami View Post
    Lol thank you! I'm glad it was good enough to pull you back even if for just a moment!

Kind of? The thread is more of a setup. It gives you a poll with some options, but if you choose the option that is different from the acolytes of goddess storm instead of just being a normal fan of hers you will be heckled. It’s more of a bait and switch than an actual thread for discussion.