Page 255 of 325 FirstFirst ... 155205245251252253254255256257258259265305 ... LastLast
Results 3,811 to 3,825 of 4870
    Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    He said that gelled down Mystique wig was a mess, and that they should've given Jessica Chastain eyebrows.

In all seriousness, he basically said they should've consulted him.
    Kinberg kinda did by trying to make Dark Phoenix two movies, which Claremont asked Singer to do but refused.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Kinberg kinda did by trying to make Dark Phoenix two movies, which Claremont asked Singer to do but refused.
    Is that confirmed?

I believe Olivia Munn was the one that prematurely said that the movie was going to be two parts but I didn't know that Kinberg was considering it. If he wanted to do it, why did Singer's refusal impact that? Kinberg was director, producer and writer, wheras Singer had no involvement, as far as I'm aware.

Munn wasn't even on the movie. What was she even saying lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    She was in early talks, but was filming the predator

Quote Originally Posted by manymade1 View Post
    Is that confirmed?

I believe Olivia Munn was the one that prematurely said that the movie was going to be two parts but I didn't know that Kinberg was considering it. If he wanted to do it, why did Singer's refusal impact that? Kinberg was director, producer and writer, wheras Singer had no involvement, as far as I'm aware.
    I mean back when Singer was signed to do X3 he refused to make that two movies. With their second shot at the Dark Phoenix storyline Kinberg tried to make it two movies but the studio got in the way.

Chris Claremont himself confirmed it back in August.

The entire comic-book saga unfolded over more than a dozen issues of "Uncanny X-Men" in the late 1970s and 1980, which means it can be challenging to adapt it for a two-hour movie. Deadline reported in June that "Dark Phoenix" was originally planned as two movies, but the studio Fox scrapped those plans, and director Simon Kinberg — who had been a longtime franchise producer and writer — rewrote the script to accommodate.

"Simon wanted to do it as two films," Claremont confirmed. "One to make the audience fall in love with Jean and the other to break their hearts. But to do it in an hour and 50 minutes is a challenge. To his credit, despite a lot of outside interference from companies that will remain nameless, he pretty much got away with it."
    https://www.insider.com/dark-phoenix...tations-2019-8

How many minutes was Dark Phoenix?? It felt short when watching, as if too much was presented without enough time to explain adequately.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    How many minutes was Dark Phoenix?? It felt short when watching, as if too much was presented without enough time to explain adequately.
    Without credits, 95 minutes. Seems like the studio cut it down to get more showtimes because back in October of 2018 Kinberg said it was going to be over two hours and you can tell.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Where is this shade? I knew he was holding back out of professional courtesy all these years.
    Honestly, I'm not sure we should take much Claremont says on the movies seriously at all.

He frequently hypes how amazing the movies are and then tries to haphazardly backpedal when public opinion after release is negative.

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    Honestly, I'm not sure we should take much Claremont says on the movies seriously at all.

He frequently hypes how amazing the movies are and then tries to haphazardly backpedal when public opinion after release is negative.
    I dunno about that. He said Dark Phoenix was a good movie in the link I posted, which was two months after it came out.

Despite production issues, Claremont is still fond of "Dark Phoenix."

"As the cocreator of the source material, and as a colleague, I felt that Simon did the very best work possible within a whole bunch of contexts that were totally out of his control," Claremont said. "It was a good film. It was way better than 'X-Men: The Last Stand.'"
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 10-07-2019 at 08:17 AM.

I mean back when Singer was signed to do X3 he refused to make that two movies. With their second shot at the Dark Phoenix storyline Kinberg tried to make it two movies but the studio got in the way.
    Well that sucks, considering he didn't even end up directing it. I've always wondered how Vaughn's interpretation would've been.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Psylocke was originally supposed to be in the movie, and her role would have been similar to Selene's role. Essentially becoming Magneto's right hand women. However, because of Predator she couldn't film because of conflict, and so they wrote Selene in. Purple haired psychic with a knife....
    Psylocke Captain Britain Rictor Dust Moonstar Hellion

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Without credits, 95 minutes. Seems like the studio cut it down to get more showtimes because back in October of 2018 Kinberg said it was going to be over two hours and you can tell.
    It's ridiculous when directors try to make a film whose length surpasses what they can actually show in theaters. It ruins movies because you can tell they wanted to fit in more than you see. I.E., Justice League.

I'm getting an itch to see Dark Phoenix.

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    It's ridiculous when directors try to make a film whose length surpasses what they can actually show in theaters. It ruins movies because you can tell they wanted to fit in more than you see. I.E., Justice League.
    "Over two hours" isn't really over what's viable for a theater.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    "Over two hours" isn't really over what's viable for a theater.
    Unless your Dave Cameron, Star Wars, or Avengers 4, I wouldn't write a script knowing it'll either not be shown, or it'll be extra on a DVD people probably won't buy because the movie got bad reviews for not looking complete. I watched Justice League twice, and never knew there was a longer cut.