Incredible Member

Default Any plans for HC Omnibus of Baltimore?

Hi y'all,

Just found a picture of a German collected edition of Baltimore, which had 576 pages and looked more like a proper Omnibus.

Do you know whether there are any plans for larger English HC collections? The small HCs take up so much shelf space

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
    Hi y'all,

Just found a picture of a German collected edition of Baltimore, which had 576 pages and looked more like a proper Omnibus.

Do you know whether there are any plans for larger English HC collections? The small HCs take up so much shelf space

Cheers!
    I can't remember where, but Mike Mignola already said the hardcover versions are the final versions of that story. No plans for omnibuses... Although I know Christopher Golden loves those German editions.

Incredible Member

Ok, thanks for your reply

The Claw of Justice!

I'm nearly finished collecting the HC's, but I would love some big omnibuses with expanded sketchbooks. I'd be curious to see if Mike ever drew a model sheet for Baltimore like he did for Hellboy and the Lobster, or if Baltimore's appearance in the comic was solely based on the novel's illustrations.

Where did you find the picture of the German edition?
    @lobster20000 on Instagram

The Claw of Justice!

Baltimore omnibus coming in October!

I'm excited. Baltimore is still a favorite of mine and I never was able to find every hardcover.

And good lord, is that cover gorgeous.
    Last edited by LobsterJohnson; 03-18-2019 at 03:30 PM.

I'll be torn on what do do here. I have all the original HCs, but this looks pretty sweet too.

$34.99, hardcover, collects volumes 1-4

Amazing Member

I am quite a bit behind on Baltimore so I can wait till October. Golden mentions a larger universe, what else is connected? Or is it just Baltimore so far?

The Claw of Justice!

Quote Originally Posted by Tbolt66 View Post
    I am quite a bit behind on Baltimore so I can wait till October. Golden mentions a larger universe, what else is connected? Or is it just Baltimore so far?
    Joe Golem is in the Baltimore universe now.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by LobsterJohnson View Post
    Joe Golem is in the Baltimore universe now.
    ahh, ok, I was trying to think about what else it could be. Maybe they can wedge Screw-On Head in there too.

The Claw of Justice!

Quote Originally Posted by Tbolt66 View Post
    ahh, ok, I was trying to think about what else it could be. Maybe they can wedge Screw-On Head in there too.
    I kind of wonder about Father Gaetano's Puppet Catechism - it's by the same Golden/Mignola team as Baltimore and Joe Golem, and it definitely fits with other stuff we've seen in that world (puppets coming to life in Baltimore, etc). But it does take place in World War II, which as far as I know (bit behind on Joe Golem) is still mostly unexplored in the Golem/Baltimore world.

Spoilers for Baltimore: The Curse Bells:
    spoilers:
    Since Hitler got killed by the vampire nuns in 1916 in Baltimore: The Curse Bells, he couldn't have been a part of WWII in that world, but there definitely were Nazis, as we've seen in Joe Golem. I'd have to reread Father Gaetano's Puppet Catechism to see if there's anything that specifically contradicts the Baltimore timeline.
    end of spoilers

Amazing Member

I did read the Curse Bells in floppy form. Yeah they'd have to explain the Nazi thing in the timeline if its Hitlerless. Unless he ends up a vampire too.

The Claw of Justice!

Ben Stenbeck shared on Instagram that he's doing 8 new pages for the Baltimore omnibus vol. 2. I'm really excited to see Ben drawing Lord Baltimore again.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B3qqDbMh0uh/