Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Reed's smashed-together mid-fight tech is better than anything the Romulans could come up with in a hundred years of prep, so I could easily see him using one of the miniaturized gizmos in his suit to disrupt Odo, given such a thing being possible. Odo turning into gas wouldn't help the guy - Reed is very capable of blowing really hard by inflating his lungs and the spewing out air.

Of course, if Odo does take solid form, Reed can always go for the "hurts Namor" level of giant-fisting he's capable of.

Short version: this is a terrible fight for Odo, despite his ability to change into gasses.
    Sorry but even Reed is not whipping something up on the fly without prep and tools while being attacked.

As to the fight, no clue because DS9 was one Trek show I just couldn't get into.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    i wouldn't exactly call what odo does "sleep". it's more like assuming his natural form.
    It's close enough. He can't take action while "sleeping", as it were.

Also if he turns into fire, Reed might be able to just smother him unless it's a really big fire.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    Sorry but even Reed is not whipping something up on the fly without prep and tools while being attacked.

As to the fight, no clue because DS9 was one Trek show I just couldn't get into.
    Being attacked by someone with no feats for hurting anyone beyond "normal human"? Sure he could. Reed can't be hurt by physical trauma on that low of a level, multitasks really well and can just walk around on giant stilt feet while doing so, in all likelihood.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Being attacked by someone with no feats for hurting anyone beyond "normal human"?
    Odo does have that feat in "Crossfire" where he stops the falling turbolift by shapeshifting his arms. So he's got some beyond-human damage potential there.

(Tried to find a photo of that feat on the net and couldn't, but I don't think I'm misremembering.)

Whether it's enough to harm Reed is dubious, as Reed has taken repeated blows by the Thing and come back swinging.

What Odo ought to do is turn into a cloud of corrosive gas. I don't think Reed has any particular resistance to flesh-eating acid. But I can't recall any incidence of Odo displaying the necessary chemistry knowledge to accomplish such a feat.
    Last edited by Shai-Hulud; 11-21-2020 at 02:36 PM.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Reed's smashed-together mid-fight tech is better than anything the Romulans could come up with in a hundred years of prep, so I could easily see him using one of the miniaturized gizmos in his suit to disrupt Odo, given such a thing being possible. Odo turning into gas wouldn't help the guy - Reed is very capable of blowing really hard by inflating his lungs and the spewing out air.

Of course, if Odo does take solid form, Reed can always go for the "hurts Namor" level of giant-fisting he's capable of.

Short version: this is a terrible fight for Odo, despite his ability to change into gasses.
    unless reed comes with enough gear on his person as a standard to be able whip up such a device in the middle of a fight, i wouldn't count it as a possibilty.

if he had prep, i'm certain he could.

Quote Originally Posted by Shai-Hulud View Post
    Odd does have that feat in "Crossfire" where he stops the falling turbolift by shapeshifting his arms. So he's got some beyond-human damage potential there.

(Tried to find a photo of that feat on the net and couldn't, but I don't think I'm misremembering.)

Whether it's enough to harm Reed is dubious, as Reed has taken repeated blows by the Thing and come back swinging.

What Odo ought to do is turn into a cloud of corrosive gas. I don't think Reed has any particular resistance to flesh-eating acid. But I can't recall any incidence of Odo displaying the necessary chemistry knowledge to accomplish such a feat.
    he certainly has enough knowledge to replicate a com-badge and have it function properly. so it's possible for him to do it.

he certainly has enough knowledge to replicate a com-badge and have it function properly. so it's possible for him to do it.
    Any competent Changling ought to be able to shift into a cloud of flesh-eating acid. But most of them are centuries/millennia old in the use of their powers. Are we comping Odo the requisite chemistry knowledge here? Maybe he just took the time to learn how a com-badge works, as its a basic and necessary Starfleet tool?

Any competent Changling ought to be able to shift into a cloud of flesh-eating acid. But most of them are centuries/millennia old in the use of their powers. Are we comping Odo the requisite chemistry knowledge here? Maybe he just took the time to learn how a com-badge works, as its a basic and necessary Starfleet tool?
    since he did link with laz, it's possible that he did learn about it.

also, i'm certain odo probably learned to make a combadge from the bajorans, since he uses a bajoran combadge for most of his time on the show.

Extraordinary Member

Could Odo drown or asphyxiate Reed?

Odo is Starfleet officer on a starship. I'm sure Starfleet academy would have taught basic chemistry.

Odo is Starfleet officer on a starship. I'm sure Starfleet academy would have taught basic chemistry.
    BLOOPER!

You weren't kidding when you said you hadn't watched DS9....

yep,you didn't watch.

odo was chief of security for DS9, often called "constable", and thus is a member of the Bajoran milita. odo has worked with starfleet many times, especially during the dominion war but he was not a member of starfleet.

Not to mention DS9 not being a starship but a massive space station.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

unless reed comes with enough gear on his person as a standard to be able whip up such a device in the middle of a fight, i wouldn't count it as a possibilty.

if he had prep, i'm certain he could.
    Thing is, he often does. He has tech wired into the unstable molecules of his uniform to let him assemble things on the fly. Even typing that causes my suspension of disbelief to suspend itself, but it's been a thing for decades. To be as fair as possible, he has varying amounts of such junk over time, so it would really depend on the writer as to how many McGuffins he might need as well.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

yep,you didn't watch.

odo was chief of security for DS9, often called "constable", and thus is a member of the Bajoran milita. odo has worked with starfleet many times, especially during the dominion war but he was not a member of starfleet.
    I thought he came with the station and was a hold-out from when the Cardassians held it. So, not Bajoran aligned.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!