Page 40 of 93 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Preview for Issue #7 is out.

Miles track down Aaron because it turned out Tombstone had files on him. Aaron denies being involved with him, stating that Tombstone attempted to recruit him into his war.

Thanks to Mayor Kingpin, Aaron's criminal record has been wiped. Aaron claims to have gone straight and states that he ended up selling the Iron Spider gear back to Tony for an exuberant price.
    Man, Aaron can't seem to keep a costumed identity ever since he jumped to 616 .

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    This is the current image I got when I wanted to see if the Javier Garron variant for Absolute Carnage: Miles Morales #1 was up. Might this be hinting to symbiote suit Miles perhaps? That us hope so.
    Well if Miles is ever gonna get sym-suite I guess this is the perfect time. Garron would make since seeing as he's the main artist on the Miles solo
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Man, Aaron can't seem to keep a costumed identity ever since he jumped to 616 .
    Why did he sell the suit. Could've just gave it to Miles as a present? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Unspeakable Evil View Post
    Why did he sell the suit. Could've just gave it to Miles as a present? Lol
    What better present than a suit of power armor.

Miles would've probably took it, and then handed it over to Peter, the original owner (Tony designed it for him just before Civil War).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    Does anyone here actually like the notebook thing Ahmed is doing in the book?
    I thought I wouldn't at first, but its working for me.

Issue #8 is really getting talked up

We're about to send @JavierGarron @saladinahmed @Davcuriel @corypetit's MILES MORALES: SPIDER-MAN #8. Not only is it the best issue of that series so far, but maybe the best comic of 2019 so far. Don't sleep on this. Cover by @okeefe_artist
    From Nick Lowe

this is coming out next month and we all worked extra hard on it – messing with form and voice in ways new to the book to tell a modern horror story
    From Ahmed

Seems we're in for a real horror story next month.

Miles track down Aaron because it turned out Tombstone had files on him. Aaron denies being involved with him, stating that Tombstone attempted to recruit him into his war.

Thanks to Mayor Kingpin, Aaron's criminal record has been wiped. Aaron claims to have gone straight and states that he ended up selling the Iron Spider gear back to Tony for an exuberant price.
    Absolutely magical. Loving all of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Issue #8 is really getting talked up

From Nick Lowe

From Ahmed

Seems we're in for a real horror story next month.
    No mask? Shoot, that means someone's found out his secret identity.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

Here's another awesome Crain cover for Miles' Absolute Carnage miniseries:

https://www.marvel.com/comics/issue/...morales_2019_1
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

Near Long Island. No Circus Pizza, though.

miles is my favorite spider-man
    STAS apologist, New 52 apologist, writer of several DC fan projects.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    No mask? Shoot, that means someone's found out his secret identity.
    Did he ,he lose his power? Why cant he camouflage? Or is there a time limit to going invisible?

There appears to be a person on the screen in the first panel, so I assume whoever it is they already know who he is. As far as a time limit there's never been one before to my knowledge.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    Reduction in Power Usage: One of the things that made Miles different was his wide breath of powers. His camoflauge, his venom blast, his venom web, etc. It's even emphasis when you choose him in video games with lighting punches and etc. Reducing the usage of these elements is like reducing Thor using mjornir and have him just punch everything.
    Relatively late response, but I am in agreement with this, and it seems to be a trend for Miles' overall narrative as Spider-Man of recent, even beyond Saladin's writing. I am not the biggest fan of how it feels like the width and breadth of Miles' power is being downplayed, ignored, or simplified. I agree that these powers are part -- an important part -- of what makes Miles Morales Spider-Man so freaking awesome. To see that's he's been leaning toward the more (stereo)typical superhero style of "just punch it" does make me disheartened towards this new trend.

I've also never been able to vibe with the apparent critique that Miles is somehow "overpowered" and needs to nerfed. In truth, while I try my best not to let it bother me, there are times when I catch myself almost wincing whenever I see that laid out or see others praise Miles being oversimplified and downplaying/ignoring his unique powers. Part of me feels that's from the stigma that's heldover from Miles' earlier, more vocally apparent hate-filled days when he was super-new. Though Miles haters aren't gone, they're much less easily heard, yet I feel the stigma created from that hate lives on in a way, even among Miles' fans.

In other news, I do hope they take the opportunity to get Miles in a Symbiote. And hopefully when they do, it'll have an unique and iconic design befitting of Miles Morales' unique and iconic Spider-Man costume.

Astonishing Member

I don't know why, but I almost always love Miles and Aaron's interactions with each other. I know someone said they felt it was too soon to see Uncle Aaron again after his last big return, but I'm glad he's still around. Point to Ahmed for still using him.

Kinda sad that he (at least allegedly) has given up his wicked cool Iron Spider armor. I loved that look, in general and on Aaron. Would have liked for him to have held on to it. Not so much for antagonizing his nephew, directly or indirectly, but just because of the possibilities it affords the character. It could allow him to be in Spider-Man's life as one of his life-lines he could call to the front when needed; team-ups and such.

Granted, he should still have that slick Prowler suit of his stashed away. And he did ask Miles if he wanted back-up when they heard that shot, implying he's not afraid to costume-up if need be. Maybe one day.

As for is he's really gone straight, or some Aaron-centric interpretation thereof, that remains to be seen. This is Aaron Davis after all; he does have a way with words and can be super charismatic when he wants to be. That said, I do believe he genuinely loves Miles and is enamored and moved with Miles' commitment to being a Superhero