Page 73 of 1383 FirstFirst ... 2363697071727374757677831231735731073 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 20742
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrGregatron View Post
    At your local dollar bin or recycling bin.
    In reference to DEADPOOL MINIBUS:
    This joke does not belong with this book. You may not like it but it is a very high demand item. I sold (one of the two) of mine on EBAY a while back for $85 and wish I would've held out. I don't think you will find a near mint copy for less then $100.

Very nice Canucked! I have mine still in the box I really don't have room right now lol. Got the brown wolverine on preorder and am thinking about green goblin. So much statue money I could be buying books with.
    Action, ANXM, ASM, Aquaman, AatO, Avengers, Batgirl, Batman, B+R, Det, GA, GL, JL, JLD, JLU, Sinestro, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Thor

Quote Originally Posted by Canucked View Post
    Daredevil has been placed. I resist the urge to get statues, but this is one I had to have.

I cant tell due to the size of the image, but have you printed a new dustcover for Daredevil vol.2 OHC?

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Yes and yes. Both are great reads as well. Gillen Journey into Mystery is recommended as well.
    Thanks! I have read Gillen's Journey into Mystery, but I'm trying to back-fill my recent-history Asgard stuff. I need to get JMS Thor, Gillen Thor, Fraction Mighty Thor, and Gillen Young Avengers.

Black Panther by Priest came today and as I opened it to have a quick look all those sweet memories came flooding back.

(If they do an omnibus in two years time I'll be pissed off.)

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle88 View Post
    Black Panther by Priest came today and as I opened it to have a quick look all those sweet memories came flooding back.

That's why I'm holding off on the complete collections. I have Marvel Unlimited, so I'm giving it a first time read on there, so I can wait for an Omni in '17 or '18. Aside from the Jack Kirby run, its probably the most likely Pantehr stuff to get the format, imo.
    Cyclops was right

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle88 View Post

That's why I'm holding off on the complete collections. I have Marvel Unlimited, so I'm giving it a first time read on there, so I can wait for an Omni in '17 or '18. Aside from the Jack Kirby run, its probably the most likely Pantehr stuff to get the format, imo.
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by PLEDGE View Post
    I cant tell due to the size of the image, but have you printed a new dustcover for Daredevil vol.2 OHC?

Yes. It drove me up the wall. But I just printed a spine, not a full cover. It looks weird in that pic, but only because I've wrapped all the OHCs and that one was recently opened.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Would you recommend SHIELD omni for soembody who knows nothing about series, doesn't really like old stuff? Is art good at least?

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    Would you recommend SHIELD omni for soembody who knows nothing about series, doesn't really like old stuff? Is art good at least?
    The art, once Steranko takes over, was game changing and worth the price alone.

The stories are of course typical SA Marvel fluff. If you're fine with that, then it shouldn't be a problem.

But as PP says, the art is indeed a game changer. There's so many ideas crammed into this, it's unbelievable. The only gripe I have with Steranko's art is that he couldn't draw anatomically or perspectively correct if his life depended on it.

OK, thanks. I don't want to give Marvel any money, they don't deserve it, would rather spend my hard earned cash on publishers like Dark Horse or Image or Humanoids but I know SHIELD omni collects material super important for comics.

OK, thanks. I don't want to give Marvel any money, they don't deserve it, would rather spend my hard earned cash on publishers like Dark Horse or Image or Humanoids but I know SHIELD omni collects material super important for comics.
    From a historical standpoint maybe but there's really nothing in there that you don't already know about. Nick Fury was in the service. Nick Fury runs SHIELD. Like someone else said, it's Silver Age writing, so it's dense and corny. Steranko's art is nice to look at however.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    From a historical standpoint maybe but there's really nothing in there that you don't already know about. Nick Fury was in the service. Nick Fury runs SHIELD. Like someone else said, it's Silver Age writing, so it's dense and corny. Steranko's art is nice to look at however.
    Especially in an IDW Artist Edition! Is volume 2 ever going to get published!?!

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Canucked View Post
    Daredevil has been placed. I resist the urge to get statues, but this is one I had to have.

That is sweet!
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor