Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maniacal View Post
    I wonder if the big "return" is Miracle Man or Captain Marvel?
    I doubt many people care about Mar-Vell enough to care about his return. He has contributed more with the legacy characters that followed him like Carol, Genis and Phyla.

I've wondered what Miracle Man would be like in the Marvel Universe but I think whatever buzz Marvel has acquiring the character has gone and for me it would be way to similar to Rebirth. Taking Alan Moore creations (I know he's not technically an Alan Moore creation but you know what I mean) and putting them into a regular superhero universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    He could lift it, he just couldn't control it. But as mentioned, it is Aaron writing both so I am sure he has some kind of explanation in mind.

PS. going back and reading the thread, I like the speculation that this could be meant to mirror a new Avengers lineup in the present
    There's already precedent for Iron Fists having parallel stories with each other, per Fraction's Defenders run

-Pav, who wanted that run to last longer...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    So, how is Odin worthy of lifting Mjolnir here? Aaron showed in the Mighty Thor that Odin has always been unworthy since the creation of mjolnir, and has never been able to wield it. Which is why he locked it away in his weapons room.
    Is Odin going to call himself Thor too
    I am perfectly okay with ignoring everything Aaron has done with Mjolnir.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    If that's what this means, I could do without Dr. Strange on an Aaron-Avengers team, but it'd be nice to have Black Panther on the main Avengers team and he's already proven he can write T'Challa well most of the time.
    Loki is apparently taking over as Sorcerer Supreme, so hey, got your wish. sort of. (maybe, i mean, we have to see how much the name of the arc means, how permanent it is, but it would make a certain amount of sense given that Strange's powers are dramatically reduced, so he may not be able to perform his duties, along with many other human sorcerers)
    Last edited by Raye; 07-03-2017 at 06:24 PM.

Loki is apparently taking over as Sorcerer Supreme, so hey, got your wish. sort of. (maybe, i mean, we have to see how much the name of the arc means, how permanent it is, but it would make a certain amount of sense given that Strange's powers are dramatically reduced, so he may not be able to perform his duties, along with many other human sorcerers)
    Well, as long as Aaron doesn't get a chance to write Stephen again, I'm good .

Astonishing Member

Art looks great as is usual with comics illustrated by Ribic.
    Story wise this seems quite interesting.
    I think it is cool that the more news are revealed about Marvel Legacy as the original numbering coming back,classic heroes returning,the variant/classic covers and now this new (or is it old ) team of Avengers the more i am looking forward about Marvel Legacy.

But this has got me thinking. IF it is meant to be a sort of mirror of a future team, (and it may not, this is all just speculation. But I still think it could be fun, and I do think having a team that is made up of all these super long lasting legacies could make a lot of sense to spin out of this) there are a few question marks....

Which Phoenix avatar? Several to choose from, Teen Jean, Quentin Quire, Rachel....
    Which Thor? Odinson, Jane or maybe even Volstagg?
    Robbie Reyes or Johnny Blaze? (even though, yes, I realize Robbie isn't technically a legacy in the same way as the others, in that the Spirit of Vengeance that is behind Johnny, and presumably 1,000,000 BC Ghost Rider, is not responsible for his powers. but... still.)

On the one hand, we've heard/speculated that Legacy will mean the return of many characters to their 'iconic' roles, which could point to Odinson and Johnny in those roles. And with Jane apparently dying if the title of the arc of Thor is to be believed, then unless Volstagg's War Thor is still around, (though I suspect his stint as War Thor is much more temporary than Jane's has ended up being) it kind of defaults back to Odinson. Phoenix is still up for grabs, but Teen Jean probably more likely in that scenario. But... on the other hand, that doesn't really make a lot of sense with the 'Legacy' name, does it? Returning everyone to their old roles/titles is not really a legacy at all, even if you show that they do have legacies going back thousands of years. (which we already knew for most of them) Then you have the "Loki: Sorcerer Supreme" thing happening in Doctor Strange, so unless that's just for an arc sort of deal, if they have a Sorcerer Supreme on the team, seems like it will be Loki continuing his whole face turn thing, not Strange, which goes against using the 'classic' characters in those roles. So I am thinking they may be going with the more recent legacy characters for those roles. Or it could be a mishmash of both.

But if they do go with newer legacies, that kind of makes Iron Fist and Black Panther odd ones out... they do not have any legacies currently running around that I am aware of. Could they be getting new characters as well? or old ones stepping back into that role? could as Pav says, there be a second Iron Fist running around at the same time as Danny? (I haven't been reading his current book, is that something that's being built towards?) could Shuri be recovering?

* edit - and Starbrand is recent enough to the role that he's kind of exempt from speculation, there really is only one real choice there.
    Last edited by Raye; 07-03-2017 at 08:37 PM.

But this has got me thinking. IF it is meant to be a sort of mirror of a future team, (and it may not, this is all just speculation. But I still think it could be fun, and I do think having a team that is made up of all these super long lasting legacies could make a lot of sense to spin out of this) there are a few question marks....

Which Phoenix avatar? Several to choose from, Teen Jean, Quentin Quire, Rachel....
    Robbie Reyes or Johnny Blaze? (even though, yes, I realize Robbie isn't technically a legacy in the same way as the others, in that the Spirit of Vengeance that is behind Johnny, and presumably 1,000,000 BC Ghost Rider, is not responsible for his powers. but... still.)

On the one hand, we've heard/speculated that Legacy will mean the return of many characters to their 'iconic' roles, which could point to Odinson and Johnny in those roles. And with Jane apparently dying if the title of the arc of Thor is to be believed, then unless Volstagg's War Thor is still around, (though I suspect his stint as War Thor is much more temporary than Jane's has ended up being) it kind of defaults back to Odinson. Phoenix is still up for grabs, but Teen Jean probably more likely in that scenario. But... on the other hand, that doesn't really make a lot of sense with the 'Legacy' name, does it? Returning everyone to their old roles/titles is not really a legacy at all, even if you show that they do have legacies going back thousands of years. (which we already knew for most of them) Then you have the "Loki: Sorcerer Supreme" thing happening in Doctor Strange, so unless that's just for an arc sort of deal, if they have a Sorcerer Supreme on the team, seems like it will be Loki continuing his whole face turn thing, not Strange, which goes against using the 'classic' characters in those roles. So I am thinking they may be going with the more recent legacy characters for those roles. Or it could be a mishmash of both.

But if they do go with newer legacies, that kind of makes Iron Fist and Black Panther odd ones out... they do not have any legacies currently running around that I am aware of. Could they be getting new characters as well? or old ones stepping back into that role? could as Pav says, there be a second Iron Fist running around at the same time as Danny? (I haven't been reading his current book, is that something that's being built towards?) could Shuri be recovering?

* edit - and Starbrand is recent enough to the role that he's kind of exempt from speculation, there really is only one real choice there.
    If Aaron's writing an Avengers book, I wouldn't be surprised if he shoves in Quentin Quire into it .

Johnny's already in that Spirits of Vengeance team book so I could see Robbie being promoted on an Avengers team.

Thor will probably depend a lot on whatever Aaron's plans are continuing into the book. Probably Loki as well, to some degree.

Extraordinary Member

So what would the villains be anyway?
    Shuma-Gorath? Since he is an old foe of Vishanti?
    Deviants?

i like this kind of playing around with mantles, so this intrigues me. Happy to see the Mammoth Rider from Aaron's Ghost Rider run too.

No character, no franchise will be untouched by the game-changing events that play out across its pages.
    Can we please not? Just a nice, solid story that doesn't railroad other nice solid stories?

Please?

All in all, I'm not interested in the wider Marvel Legacy thing. Though this book interests me so I'm keeping an eye on it and hope it good.
    Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    Darkseid doesn't invade with a fleet of ships. Darkseid chills on your couch, embarrasses and humiliates you, and won't leave. And he drinks everything in your fridge.

There was a young Iron Fist created in Kaare Andrews run but the character would probably(hopefully) far to young and inexperienced to be on a team of that scale. If anything the young pupil would be a liablity to a team more so than not.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    So what would the villains be anyway?
    Shuma-Gorath? Since he is an old foe of Vishanti?
    Deviants?
    Shuma's one of the few beings I can think of who would actually be any sort of threat to this team. With Odin, a Phoenix and a Star Brand I'm not sure even Galactus could handle this group. You need something WAAAY up there. And of course you need something that's been around that long ago. It would have to be something like Shuma or an Elder God or something like that.

Glad to see some cool versions of some great characters but 1 000 000 BC just seems non-sensical to me. Humans only discovered fire around 800k BC, no?

I recall something regarding Gods only existing because there were humans who willed them into existence. If that still holds up, how does Odin exist?

Also Agamotto shouldn't exist this early unless it's time travel, no?

And I don't think Black Panther or Iron Fist's mythos goes back that far. There are only 66 (67?) Iron Fists, the math doesn't add up.

I suppose I should just shutup and enjoy it...

Did notice Aaron might put in Mammoth Rider from his earlier GR series.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher