Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    I am perfectly okay with ignoring everything Aaron has done with Mjolnir.
    You mean go back to normal? Yes, lets go back to how it has been forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    Sigh, yet another retcon to Avengers history. I used to think Janet was pretty clever coming up with the team name of "Avengers" but now we know it's a generic team name that's been used repeatedly throughout Marvel history.
    Well, this looks like a retcon of the MU as a whole.

Anyway, yes, why cant Marvel now cant go through an event without a retcon? Is it that hard to build?

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    but I have to wonder how this squares up with the Kirby Celestial mythology which has the Celestials coming to Earth and manipulating the early hominids freely and without any opposition from 1 Million BC until their third host 1000 years ago when the uppity Sky Fathers got pimp slapped by the Celestials and sealed in their otherworldly realms.
    I'm fine with them tweaking that as long as they acknowledge it.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Astonishing Member

[QUOTE=Sighphi;2921563]You mean go back to normal? Yes, lets go back to how it has been forever.

In regards mjolnir origin nothing would make me more happy

I wonder if it has anything to do with this:
    After Jon Watts (Cop Car) was anointed the directed of Spider-Man: Homecoming, he was allowed to peek into some Marvel secrets. “There’s an actual scroll that they unrolled for me,” says Watts. “One of my producers, Eric Carroll, it was his first job at Marvel to work on a timeline and see where things line up and see where things didn’t quite line up. Like, ‘Oh, that’s when Captain America is born.'”

Watts adds that when it’s unfurled, the scroll extends past a long conference table. “Uh yes, it’s very long. It’s the most amazing thing because it starts, honestly, at the beginning of time — I don’t remember specifically, but I think it has something to do with Thor.” He laughs. “It is truly an amazing document.”
    1000000BC Avengers has the potential to explain why Earth is so important when there are more advanced civilizations and more powerful beings in the universe or turn out as Odin babysitting hominid avatars of powerful entities.

Hope Aaron won't end up contradicting himself with so much to cover.
    Last edited by 2cats; 07-04-2017 at 05:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 2cats View Post
    I wonder if it has anything to do with this:

1000000BC Avengers has the potential to explain why Earth is so important when there are more advanced civilizations and more powerful beings in the universe or turn out as Odin babysitting hominid avatars of powerful entities.

Hope Aaron won't end up contradicting himself with so much to cover.
    Isn't the Celestial/Kree influence already the reason for that?

I would argue neither is an adequate explanation. The Celestials are responsible for the Eternals and the Deviants, but they're responsible for that in other worlds as well: There was whatever that planet with the Reject and the Chosen was in Judgment War and the Skrulls are Deviants, if I'm not mistaken (or, at least, the Skrull god). And, of course, we wouldn't have the Kree if it weren't for the Celestials messing with the Skrulls. On the Kree side, we have the Inhumans, but we also have the Inhumans in a bunch of other places, so that's not much either.

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Fantastic Member

I remember something about how the celestials created the x gene and also created the pentional in baseline humans to develop superpowers like their why bruce banner didnt just die after being hit by the gamma blast or peter parker didnt just of radiation poesoning.

Crap, I forgot to add that I think a better argument for the importance of Earth would be that it's the focal point of the multiverses - both as seen in Hickman's New Avengers with the incursions and more generically with Otherworld and the Captain Britain corp.

Fantastic Member

Don't about man thing and the nexus of all realities. http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Nexus_of_All_Realities
    Last edited by Jovos2099; 07-04-2017 at 07:02 PM.

BANNED

If Legacy will reintroduce a beloved character, is it possible it'll be somehow connected to these BC Avengers?

I doubt it's Hulk or Cyclops. I really think it could be the original Jean Grey. With Generations, the current solo and a BC Phoenix, I think it makes a lot of sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Unless she was around in one million BC, she almost, by definition named them the Avengers (as much as the whole thing never made any sense anyway). Let's see if the new team actually calls themselves the Avengers before complaining about it, shall we?
    Yo, I want this new team to have trouble thinking of a name and Janet shows up in a time machine, tells 'em "Hey, the Avengers is a super cool name for a team, by the way." and then just leaves.
    . My Little Pony . ASM: Renew your Vows . Ms Marvel . Generation X . Doom Patrol . Super Man . The Flash . Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps . Trinity . Teen Titans . Super Sons . Mister Miracle . Saga . Paper Girls .

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    If Legacy will reintroduce a beloved character, is it possible it'll be somehow connected to these BC Avengers?

I doubt it's Hulk or Cyclops. I really think it could be the original Jean Grey. With Generations, the current solo and a BC Phoenix, I think it makes a lot of sense.
    No it doesn't, there's already a Jean Grey in the x-books, and she has a solo and is the leader of one the flagship titles, I honestly don't see how can adult Jean Grey fit in the current landscape of X-men books with the push Jeen is having right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Isn't the Celestial/Kree influence already the reason for that?
    For the purely space-based, non-cosmic side of things... Isn't the Sol system right beside a major hyperspace nexus? Spaceships have been popping out next to us forever.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lollie_poppy View Post
    No it doesn't, there's already a Jean Grey in the x-books, and she has a solo and is the leader of one the flagship titles, I honestly don't see how can adult Jean Grey fit in the current landscape of X-men books with the push Jeen is having right now.
    The same way adult Iceman, adult Beast, adult Angel and, until very recently, adult Cyclops managed to live side by side their younger selves just fine? It'd be stupid if adult Jean is the only one not allowed to be around because of her younger self.

And I agree with King_Thor13, I think adult Jean would be a quite shocking return that could definitely cause a lot of impact. Considering hers and Mar-Vell's are the only returns I'd be even remotely truly excited about, I totally support it.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    The same way adult Iceman, adult Beast, adult Angel and, until very recently, adult Cyclops managed to live side by side their younger selves just fine? It'd be stupid if adult Jean is the only one not allowed to be around because of her younger self.
    I think the argument could be made that, while the adult versions do co-exist, in some ways the younger versions are much more promoted and frequently used then the adult counterparts (I mean, adult Angel was in limbo a long while before Bunn finally resolved things with him in Uncanny and Beast...eh).

Adult Iceman is definitely a big exception to this because he has his own solo book.