Page 16 of 39 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    ...that is a show I never knew I wanted... Bishop/gambit hijinks would be cool too.

Ok, so I saw on reddit? photos of method man cosplaying Bishop and he did a pretty good job. Don’t know if that’s been posted here yet.
    Oh yeah, that cosplay was pretty cool. I'm not sure he would be a good casting choice, but he's definitely committed to getting that role.
    Make Good Art

Astonishing Member

Yeah, I don’t know about his acting skills, but his cosplay skills are good. I thought the guy who played bishop in days of future past was fine, for the whole two seconds he was on screen...

The cosplay was pretty great, but hire a actor to play Bishop.

Astonishing Member

Indeed.

I was reading an X-book where one of the Cuckoos was trying to probe Bishop's mind and he told them not to try it, he absorbs psychic energy as well. I wonder if he just converts all absorbed energy to blasts or could he some how use that energy like a telepath?

Curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I was reading an X-book where one of the Cuckoos was trying to probe Bishop's mind and he told them not to try it, he absorbs psychic energy as well. I wonder if he just converts all absorbed energy to blasts or could he some how use that energy like a telepath?

Curious.
    Eh. I think Bishop effectively being immune to telepathy (probing [unless he consents?], attacks, mind-control) is cool enough without making him a low-to-high grade “reactive telepath” himself. It certainly gives him a huge advantage against a common power type. But I’m pretty sure all energy he absorbs is just converted into some kind of universal type of energy he can expel in various ways.

Is telekinesis something he’s been shown to be able to absorb? Like, if a telekinetic were to try and pick him up directly?
    Last edited by Bunch of Coconuts; 05-11-2020 at 03:38 PM.

could he some how use that energy like a telepath?
    In principle he can - part of Bishop's powers is that he can somewhat mimic others' abilities by absorbing and re-emitting the energy they produce. However, telepathy has consistently been shown as a power that requires a lot of skill to control, so he'd probably have to practice a lot to do anything useful with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bafflement View Post
    In principle he can - part of Bishop's powers is that he can somewhat mimic others' abilities by absorbing and re-emitting the energy they produce. However, telepathy has consistently been shown as a power that requires a lot of skill to control, so he'd probably have to practice a lot to do anything useful with it.
    Yes, he has been shown to do that on occasion especially in his early appearances but not so much as of late. His powerset seems vague at times depending on the writer.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    Eh. I think Bishop effectively being immune to telepathy (probing [unless he consents?], attacks, mind-control) is cool enough without making him a low-to-high grade “reactive telepath” himself. It certainly gives him a huge advantage against a common power type. But I’m pretty sure all energy he absorbs is just converted into some kind of universal type of energy he can expel in various ways.

Is telekinesis something he’s been shown to be able to absorb? Like, if a telekinetic were to try and pick him up directly?
    I haven't seen it yet but if he can absorb most forms of energy then it should be possible

I haven't seen it yet but if he can absorb most forms of energy then it should be possible
    Yeah. It’s rather safe to assume...but still...you probably know what they say about that.

Incredible Member

You can still get pizza in both of those timelines. As bad as they are, they aren't the worst.

Days of Future Past vs Age of Apocalypse is a more interesting question.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    Yeah. It’s rather safe to assume...but still...you probably know what they say about that.
    At the end of Age of Apocalypse he was able to absorb and then channel Leigon's telepathic energy.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    At the end of Age of Apocalypse he was able to absorb and then channel Leigon's telepathic energy.
    Oh, I knew about the telepathy. I was asking about telekinesis.

Have other “energy absorbers” been shown to be able to absorb telekinesis? Carol Danvers is the only one that comes to mind...

Given Bishop’s relative immunity to most, of not all, directed and ambient energy forms, and my own wish that he learn Shaw & Guido’s superstrength tricks... I’d be willing to grant telekinesis as his one weakness. It’s not really “energy”. Telepathy isn’t really energy either, but we need more mutants with barriers to telepaths.