Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default DCeased: Hope at worlds end

How are we seven issues in and there are no threads for this, so I might as well correct that mistake. I will say this, you should really only read this if you have read the first series as it’s set between a time jump in the later half of that series, serving as both a gap filler but also focus on some characters who were not in the main series. I will also say that at 99 cents an issue it’s very affordable to catch up on the series.

Now since it’s seven issues I don’t want to waste a lot of time going into detail so I’ll do brief blurbs on my thoughts for each of the issues.

#1- The Jimmy Olsen story of survival and storykeeping, moderately a good introduction and gives us an idea of what we may see.

#2- The methods of the Black Adam in his kingdom of Khandaq, and his questions of ethics and heroism in an apocalypse. Also the rise of a zombie king

#3- The best issue of them all and an amazing Wally West and Flash Family story. If you don’t read any other issue just read this for the flash stuff.

#4- The rise of a new Batman, it’s basically a really touching issue as Damian becomes Batman. Also the introduction of Wink and Aerie from Taylor’s Suicide Squad run.

#5- The rise of a new Trinity, basically a fun story of Jon, Damian, and Cassie Sandsmark on an adventure to find Damian’s mom.

#6- Army of Darkness, literally in a way. Basically it’s a siege issue as a horde led by some superhumans is coming for a fortress.

#7-Superhero fight, the day is saved but lives are lost. Leaves on a tease that more is to come.
    Last edited by sifighter; 08-21-2020 at 09:26 AM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

BANNED

Haven't seen 7 yet.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    How are we seven issues in and there are no threads for this, so I might as well correct that mistake. I will say this, you should really only read this if you have read the first series as it’s set between a time jump in the later half of that series, serving as both a gap filler but also focus on some characters who were not in the main series. I will also say that at 99 cents an issue it’s very affordable to catch up on the series.
    It's getting less attention than it deserves. You'd think DC has no idea how to market digital comics. Ironic, if they think that is the future. But I have seen a 2-page print promo in the comics that features DCeased, Unkillables, Dead Planet, and Hope at World's End.

Now since it’s seven issues I don’t want to waste a lot of time going into detail so I’ll do brief blurbs on my thoughts for each of the issues.

#1- The Jimmy Olsen story of survival and storykeeping, moderately a good introduction and gives us an idea of what we may see.

#2- The methods of the Black Adam in his kingdom of Khandaq, and his questions of ethics and heroism in an apocalypse. Also the rise of a zombie king

#3- The best issue of them all and an amazing Wally West and Flash Family story. If you don’t read any other issue just read this for the flash stuff.

#4- The rise of a new Batman, it’s basically a really touching issue as Damian becomes Batman. Also the introduction of Wink and Aerie from Taylor’s Suicide Squad run.

#5- The rise of a new Trinity, basically a fun story of Jon, Damian, and Cassie Sandsmark on an adventure to find Damian’s mom.
    And the debut of a new Robin. Or the re-emergence of an old Robin, if that past is part of this continuity.

#6- Army of Darkness, literally in a way. Basically it’s a siege issue as a horde led by some superhumans is coming for a fortress.

#7-Superhero fight, the day is saved but lives are lost. Leaves on a tease that more is to come.

Quote Originally Posted by ohfellow View Post
    It's getting less attention than it deserves. You'd think DC has no idea how to market digital comics. Ironic, if they think that is the future. But I have seen a 2-page print promo in the comics that features DCeased, Unkillables, Dead Planet, and Hope at World's End.

And the debut of a new Robin. Or the re-emergence of an old Robin, if that past is part of this continuity.
    You mean this promo?

72CD1BC6-A1CC-4151-902D-7B7E024DD7DB.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Haven't seen 7 yet.
    Hope I didn’t spoil, I was trying to be as generic as possible. But it’s a pretty good issue, mainly as follow up to issue 6.
    Last edited by sifighter; 08-21-2020 at 10:30 AM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Incredible Member

Yes. Does DC often promote digital comics in the print monthlies? Like The Batman Adventures Continue?

Harley Quinn #75 has a number of promo pages, but no mention of Harley Black + White + Red.

Spectacular Member

who'da thought a few years ago that tom taylor would have written the best flash family story in a long long time. also is the only person in probably 15 years to get wally and bruces relationship correct.

Quote Originally Posted by deadman322 View Post
    who'da thought a few years ago that tom taylor would have written the best flash family story in a long long time. also is the only person in probably 15 years to get wally and bruces relationship correct.
    If Taylor doesnt get appointed as the next Flash (or Flash-Family) writer, I riot !

New issue today, but actually it ties into Unkillables instead.

spoilers:
    Basically it’s a super pets issue where Ace, a random horse, Detective Chimp, and Krypto save a girl who got separated from the rest of the Red Hood’s Bus group. It’s a sweet little adventure and it lets you know where Krypto and Ace went.

Although it does reveal something very interesting, animal characters can’t be infected by the anti-life equation. Detective chimp basically gets hit and it’s revealed that he doesn’t become an undead because he’s not human. So I guess that kind of explains how Krypto was just okay for five years, Superman level strength and invulnerability with a biological inability to turn.
    end of spoilers
    Words to live by.

spoilers:
    Basically it’s a super pets issue where Ace, a random horse, Detective Chimp, and Krypto save a girl who got separated from the rest of the Red Hood’s Bus group. It’s a sweet little adventure and it lets you know where Krypto and Ace went.

Although it does reveal something very interesting, animal characters can’t be infected by the anti-life equation. Detective chimp basically gets hit and it’s revealed that he doesn’t become an undead because he’s not human. So I guess that kind of explains how Krypto was just okay for five years, Superman level strength and invulnerability with a biological inability to turn.
    end of spoilers
    I wonder if spoilers:
    A cure/vaccine can be made using that new info
    end of spoilers
    That aside, it was a good issue ! Hope Ace, Krypto and the Horse survive

Quote Originally Posted by TheMaker1610 View Post
    I wonder if spoilers:
    A cure/vaccine can be made using that new info
    end of spoilers
    That aside, it was a good issue ! Hope Ace, Krypto and the Horse survive
    I mean Krypto is in the dead planet series, so he at least makes it that long.
    Words to live by.

Fantastic Member primenumber101's Avatar

spoilers:

end of spoilers
    I'm kind of wondering the reveals that

spoilers:
    Animals characters can't be infected by the anti-equation is means to characters like Animal Man or Beast boy. Given how both of them have a power of animals. Beast boy in particular can transforms to any animal he wants; thus, maybe he could survive through staying in animal form.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:

end of spoilers
    I'm actually a bit pissed that they featured Ace not Titus.
    Ace is a retired crime fighting pet according to the last Super pets.
    And what about the rest of the Super pets?

On the lack of threads for DCeased, I'm not sure since I see a lot of content on Youtube and the series is doing really well. only beaten by Death Metal according to DC Twitter.

I suppose it's not as garish and bombastic as Death Metal or CBR Fans are just enjoying it quietly.
    Last edited by dietrich; 08-26-2020 at 02:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    I'm actually a bit pissed that they featured Ace not Titus.
    Ace is a retired crime fighting pet according to the last Super pets.
    And what about the rest of the Super pets?

On the lack of threads for DCeased, I'm not sure since I see a lot of content on Youtube and the series is doing really well. only beaten by Death Metal according to DC Twitter.

I suppose it's not as garish and bombastic as Death Metal or CBR Fans are just enjoying it quietly.
    I mean most of the Dceased discussions I have seen have been in the Jason, Damian, and Jon appreciation thread. I’ve personally started some stuff in the Cassie Sandsmark thread.

Also I thought Titus was just the new 52 Ace?
    Words to live by.

I mean most of the Dceased discussions I have seen have been in the Jason, Damian, and Jon appreciation thread. I’ve personally started some stuff in the Cassie Sandsmark thread.

Also I thought Titus was just the new 52 Ace?
    No. Ace is bruce's dog while Titus belongs to Damian.

Both are currently in Tec and while Titus is a member of the Rebirth Super Pets Squad led by DC. The current Ace is a retired fighting dog now house pet who was rescued from the pound by Alfred and was a Christmas gift to Bruce.

Cassie only became a key figure in DCeased so that might explain why the discussion isn't gaining traction on the WW forum

how many issues is this supposed to be?