Page 842 of 1487 FirstFirst ... 3427427928328388398408418428438448458468528929421342 ... LastLast
Results 12,616 to 12,630 of 22298

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    I think it's Russ Dauterman.
    I hope it's him

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Sara Pichelli is too slow for a ongoing
    As opposed to... pretty much everyone else who works on an ongoing these days?

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    I think it's Russ Dauterman.
    Oh that would be the sweetest gift from the heavens. But I assumed he wasn't going to take on a new ongoing series and just stick to one-shots and covers given that's been the trend since he left Thor.

Astonishing Member

The most wolverine member of the wolverine family returns
    20210402_161436.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Back in the punk/powerless Storm era, JRJR was in his prime. That was loooong ago. He was losing it even back in the early 90's. I don't like his recent stuff.
    I hated his art back in the 80s and when he was on UXM was what I attribute to the decline of Claremont's run especially after the departure of Paul Smith. His stuff in the early 90s wasnt good either but I think he's improved since then. His Spider-Man work in the 00s was beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Sara Pichelli is too slow for a ongoing
    She'd be fine with an alternate artist like a good number of other books on the line (Maraurders, X-Force, Wolverine)
    Last edited by Havok83; 04-02-2021 at 01:29 PM.

I can only hope Russell Dauterman is put to work as the regular X-Men artist. He's more than able to keep to a monthly schedule as evidenced by his epic Thor work. I'd also love the X-Office to rescue R.B. Silva from Slott's FF. The artists that helped define the new era should be kept working on the new era. And more regular work for Pepe Larraz, too! Stop only bringing out the big guns for special events.
    Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Back in the punk/powerless Storm era, JRJR was in his prime. That was loooong ago. He was losing it even back in the early 90's. I don't like his recent stuff.
    My exact thoughts. The last work of his I really enjoyed was in the early Uncanny 300s.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    The most wolverine member of the wolverine family returns
    20210402_161436.jpg
    So Taylor just noted on Twitter that he had plans to reveal that Jonathan is actually a mutant, and a product of experiments with the X-Gene in animals.

Now I wonder if that was planned as a nod to the thing from the Claremont era that Logan was HIMSELF a mutated wolverine.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    So Taylor just noted on Twitter that he had plans to reveal that Jonathan is actually a mutant, and a product of experiments with the X-Gene in animals.
    Now I wonder if that was planned as a nod to the thing from the Claremont era that Logan was HIMSELF a mutated wolverine.
    Cute idea but I keep thinking that it's still April Fools season.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Astonishing Member

Wait minutes Jonathan would have a healing factor and be old who else has a healing factor and is old, Logan. Their for Jonathan is either logans real dad or the kid he abandoned in the woods. It makes perfect sense if you ignore everything that contradicts it and want it to make sense

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    As opposed to... pretty much everyone else who works on an ongoing these days?
    Comic readers truly can't be satisfied lmao, if you want good art with good interiors that isn't rushed or look like some greg land mess than it's going to be "slow'

See I can't even tell if that's an april fool's or not because it's exactly the type of nonsense that Taylor would legitimately write. Also isn't that Rocket Racoon entire thing?

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I like the idea of Claremont and Romita Jr. again. I know his art has changed and may not be as good is it was when he was in his prime. I think they go well together. If I'm not mistaken Romita Jr. helped in the plotting like Byrne did. Unless that was just a rumor.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by frostedemma View Post
    See I can't even tell if that's an april fool's or not because it's exactly the type of nonsense that Taylor would legitimately write. Also isn't that Rocket Racoon entire thing?
    Apparently you’re forgetting Claremont and the Leprechauns, and all
    The other weirdness HE came up with.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Look up his black and whites. Imo the problem is today artist do less and colorist do more and so an artist like JRJR takes a hit with today's colorist that are coloring over your lines and stuff.
    It has nothing to do with colouristJRJR following the 90's comic style completely ruined his style and he never truly adapted to digital.

I never understood the love for Romita art. I mean yeah hes talented but there are artists that are way better. It looks so scratchy and blocky. Give me Clay Mann, Jorge Jimenez, Jerome Opena, Olivier Coipel, or Russell Dauterman.

Yeah I know some of them are DC exclusives but Marvel needs to stop being so cheap and pay these artists. Pepe Larraz better have gotten a raise because he is carrying this era.