Page 663 of 671 FirstFirst ... 163563613653659660661662663664665666667 ... LastLast
Results 9,931 to 9,945 of 10059
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I'd say about a year - until the next relaunch post-Doomsday Clock.
    Apparently until Nightwing returns to the team, so it depends on how long Ric's arc is.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    This is hilarious.

I knew the show was gonna jump the shark sooner or later. I really hope it's all some elaborate villain plan otherwise, yeesh.
    Actually its quite obvious what going on there given the context of the previous episode. Seems to me people are trying to pick at that show just for the sake of picking at the show.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Actually its quite obvious what going on there given the context of the previous episode. Seems to me people are trying to pick at that show just for the sake of picking at the show.
    Yeah....It's just Trigon messing with Dick's mind
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by DevilBat66 View Post
    I dig it, I just don't agree.

I don't want or need a "warrior" vibe from Aquaman and Wonder Woman. They're super-heroes. I want a super-hero vibe from them. If I want to read about "warriors" I read stuff like Conan.
    Honestly, I feel like they can be both without one overtaking the other. Just like how
    - Captain America is also defined as a soldier
    - Green Lantern as the soldier or cop,
    -Superman as the farmer's son
    -Nightwing/Robin as the circus acrobat, or
    -Hulk as the monster. They still have the superhero vibe, but I agree they little stuff (Trident for Aquaman to add to the Greco-Roman mythology and warrior-king elements without going over the top with cutting his hand off, Wonder Woman with sword and shield as well as the lasso of truth). It doesn't feel like it makes them any less of a superhero just because they have warrior elements or take away from the story or personality. Honestly, it feels like the exact opposite, it really adds to their versatile nature and makes them stand out.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I didn't catch the last episode. I'm going off of that one preview and remembering the Brenton interview when he talked about how Batman was a killer, not really a stretch.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    Yeah....It's just Trigon messing with Dick's mind
    I assumed as much but honestly there's a part of me that wouldn't be surprised if DC tried this. It's pretty much the TNAB episode Over the Edge all over again just darker and some Titans in it.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Donna and lasso were amazing, disappointed in Trigon though

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    That's Jericho between Cyborg and Raven, right?

BANNED

Those were nice times.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That's Jericho between Cyborg and Raven, right?
    Yeah that's him.

Quote Originally Posted by ironman2978 View Post
    Honestly, I feel like they can be both without one overtaking the other. Just like how
    - Captain America is also defined as a soldier
    - Green Lantern as the intergalactic peace keeping trooper/soldier or cop,
    -Superman as the farmer's son
    -Nightwing/Robin as the circus acrobat, or
    -Hulk as the monster. They still have the superhero vibe, but I agree they little stuff (Trident for Aquaman to add to the Greco-Roman mythology and warrior-king elements without going over the top with cutting his hand off, Wonder Woman with sword and shield as well as the lasso of truth). It doesn't feel like it makes them any less of a superhero just because they have warrior elements or take away from the story or personality. Honestly, it feels like the exact opposite, it really adds to their versatile nature and makes them stand out.
    Agreed. Wearing some pieces of actual Ancient Greek Hippolyte armour (named after the actual Ancient Greek version of Hippolyta) and worn by actual Ancient Grecian female warriors...

...is simply a nod to her heritage and the heritage and origins of the Amazons themselves (who were Ancient Grecian warrior females themselves) and nothing more than that to me.

It's also a good nod to Donna's training as an Amazon after they adopted her and found her worthy enough to imbue her with their strength (sorry, but Diana rescuing a very young orphan Donna from a burning building and Donna being adopted by the Amazons is the only origin that exists to me... sue me) IMO, and nothing more.

Diana came to Man's World to save it through both the Amazonian's strength (which is why they had a tournament to determine who was worthy enough warrior to enter the war plaguing Man's World in the original Golden Age version of her origin) and compassion (which was and is what our world still lacks)

The 2 aren't mutually exclusive from each other. Sometimes you have to be able to fight for those you love. And that's what heroes do.
    Last edited by docmidnite; 12-15-2018 at 11:05 PM.

Needs more Lilith...

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by docmidnite View Post
    Needs more Lilith...
    The reason she's not there is because this looks to be by Perez and features the most staple version of the New Teen Titans.

Lilith did join for a very short while after Raven died but not for very long.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    The reason she's not there is because this looks to be by Perez and features the most staple version of the New Teen Titans.

Lilith did join for a very short while after Raven died but not for very long.
    She showed up in NTT/TotTT more often than Garth who's there.

I guess it's more just Fab Five + The major Wolfman Perez additions, even if Lilith was present almost as much as Roy on the old days.

Heck, speaking of Roy he basically never showed up in the Wolfman/Perez era, either.
    Last edited by Dred; 12-15-2018 at 11:29 PM.