Page 61 of 81 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post

This may be heresy, but personally, I'd kind of rather see Iris and Jai come back than Jay and Bart. I love Jay and Bart, but I guess what it comes down to is that those two were used much more effectively. Wally's kids had great potential, but weren't really used to that potential. I want to see them used as effectively as I believe they can be. Plus, I really want to see Iris hang out with Jon and Damian.
    I get where you're coming from. Can't say I want them back MORE than Bart, Max and Jenni, but I do want them back just as much as Jay and the others. I'm one of the biggest advocates for those two and I definitely agree about them not being used to their potential, even if I still like their time in the Flash book.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNomadicOne View Post
    Hey man it's just an idea lol. But regardless I still want Zoom
    That I do as well.

I honestly completely forgot about Jenni Ognats.
    Shame on you I know Williamson is a fan of her's so I'm trusting him not to forget about her while he's bringing characters back.

Now what I mean with Bar Tor is give him a different direction.

I mean as much as everyone hates him, he did feel like wasted potential.
    Nope. The only potential that was wasted was the use of the Bart Allen name. All of Lobdell's YJ4 need to stay away forever. (Although the current Tim Drake isn't much better than his counterpart) Plus, with the amount of Flash Family that needs to come back, on top of Avery and NuWally as the newbies, we don't need another new member, especially not one who everyone already hates.

What about the Tornado twins?
    The Tornado Twins don't even need to be part of these discussions IMO. I obviously want them to exist, because no Don and Dawn means no Bart and Jenni, but the two have so little character to begin with that with so many other characters that need to return and have homes, they aren't worth it. I'd just have them still be dead, which I think works great anyway.
    Last edited by Assam; 01-04-2018 at 06:34 PM.

Mighty Member

What about the Tornado twins?
    Nothing I've read with them has every really interested me in them as characters. Maybe they'd work, but I personally have no desire for it.

I feel like the Tornado Twins are probably going to be fairly relevant because of the flash-forward of them becoming Rogues during the Reverse-Flash arc, not to mention they're relevant to Barry's grandkids.

Granted, I think it would probably be easier to bring Wally's kids back then it would be to have Iris get pregnant and then sprout twins in the main continuity, but both would probably require some continuity revamping and memory restorations.

I do think the main crux of Flash War is going to be Barry losing his powers thanks to Grodd/Black Hole and Wally regaining Post-Crisis memories of his family, probably instigated by encountering Rebirth Hunter Zolomon.

Whatever happens. Happens TheNomadicOne's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    I get where you're coming from. Can't say I want them back MORE than Bart, Max and Jenni, but I do want them back just as much as Jay and the others. I'm one of the biggest advocates for those two and I definitely agree about them not being used to their potential, even if I still like their time in the Flash book.

That I do as well.

Shame on you I know Williamson is a fan of her's so I'm trusting him not to forget about her while he's bringing characters back.

Nope. The only potential that was wasted was the use of the Bart Allen name. All of Lobdell's YJ4 need to stay away forever. (Although the current Tim Drake isn't much better than his counterpart) Plus, with the amount of Flash Family that needs to come back, on top of Avery and NuWally as the newbies, we don't need another new member, especially not one who everyone already hates.

The Tornado Twins don't even need to be part of these discussions IMO. I obviously want them to exist, because no Don and Dawn means no Bart and Jenni, but the two have so little character to begin with that with so many other characters that need to return and have homes, they aren't worth it. I'd just have them still be dead, which I think works great anyway.
    To be fair I never read new 52 titans (and quite frankly I don't have the interest either) but yeah I get where a lot of fans are coming from.

https://www.cbr.com/flash-war-joshua...son-interview/

Unless Williamson is going to recton something into the story, I think this story is going to be kicked off by what happened in Flashpoint. I am interested (and a bit nervous) to see what Williamson brings back and where the Flash goes from this story.

Quote Originally Posted by Deku View Post
    https://www.cbr.com/flash-war-joshua...son-interview/

Unless Williamson is going to recton something into the story, I think this story is going to be kicked off by what happened in Flashpoint. I am interested (and a bit nervous) to see what Williamson brings back and where the Flash goes from this story.
    I'm interested too. I just hope we come out of it where both Barry and Wally are allowed to stay as the flash and let this stupid war of having one or the other simmer down. I'm also hoping to see the flash family come back from all of this.

I'm interested too. I just hope we come out of it where both Barry and Wally are allowed to stay as the flash and let this stupid war of having one or the other simmer down. I'm also hoping to see the flash family come back from all of this.
    I don't see this as a story where one comes out on top over the other, rather one that exemplifies what's great about both characters and sends them both in new directions moving forward with a re-invigorated Flash Family .

I just want to see flipping Jay Garrick return!

Also, max, Bart, Jesse, etc...............

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FlashFreak View Post
    I just want to see flipping Jay Garrick return!
    I would still be totally on board for Jay popping out of the Speed Force , telling Barry and Wally to quit their kvetching, single-handedly restore both of their lives and the Flash Family as a whole and when asked how he managed to do all of this, he'd just smile and run off to a bar with Alan and Ted.

No, not the best idea from a dramatic standpoint, but I don't think anyone but Wally's haters (which I've only recently learned are a thing) would really have a problem with it either.

I would still be totally on board for Jay popping out of the Speed Force , telling Barry and Wally to quit their kvetching, single-handedly restore both of their lives and the Flash Family as a whole and when asked how he managed to do all of this, he'd just smile and run off to a bar with Alan and Ted.

No, not the best idea from a dramatic standpoint, but I don't think anyone but Wally's haters (which I've only recently learned are a thing) would really have a problem with it either.
    HA! Love that idea.
    I mean the only people that can hate Wally must have gotten into comics after Final Crisis when DC decided to send him into oblivion. I don’t know how anyone could hate him that grew up during Waid’s run.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FlashFreak View Post
    I mean the only people that can hate Wally must have gotten into comics after Final Crisis when DC decided to send him into oblivion. I don’t know how anyone could hate him that grew up during Waid’s run.
    IIRC, Deku really doesn't like Wally and there's also the some of the comments on the 'Barry vs Wally' video on the DC youtube page and some comments which have been posted on Twitter and screenrant in regards to Flash War where people express great dislike of the character. Not just people who got into comics after Final Crisis and/or through the TV show, but also older fans who never liked that Barry died in the first place. Both groups (not every individual member mind you) seem to have a serious beef with the idea that Barry isn't the superior Flash.

IIRC, Deku really doesn't like Wally and there's also the some of the comments on the 'Barry vs Wally' video on the DC youtube page and some comments which have been posted on Twitter and screenrant in regards to Flash War where people express great dislike of the character. Not just people who got into comics after Final Crisis and/or through the TV show, but also older fans who never liked that Barry died in the first place. Both groups (not every individual member mind you) seem to have a serious beef with the idea that Barry isn't the superior Flash.
    My hope is that Barry, Wally and hopefully Jay become the main headers. Cause as I said before, the war is pretty annoying. I do hope that the crossover settles this favorably.

Jay is the only member of Wally's "Flash Family" that I like. So, I don't care if they come back or not. And if they do come back, I hope they don't stay in Barry's book.

I want this to be settled in a way where both Barry and Wally get to win because that will be the result that gets the least backlash (even if the result is predictable or boring).
    Last edited by KC; 01-07-2018 at 05:27 PM.