Page 181 of 211 FirstFirst ... 81131171177178179180181182183184185191 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,715 of 3162
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post

As for Luke and Jean-Paul - they will have experience and relationships that other writers or Tynion can pull on in the future, and unlike Jean-Paul at the end of his own series, won't be dead. And Tynion has restored Tam Fox back to a usable character, so Luke and the rest of the Fox family will almost certainly always be around because of Lucius. Much as I hate it, limbo is MUCH better than death.
    I mean yes, there'll be that option, but JPV is only even back because of Tynion and how often is the Fox Family even seen? I'm just saying when was the last time we saw Michael or Calvin? Or the Batmen of All Nations, David included? Pre-Flashpoint Onyx disappeared without a trace and Bette would vanish for years at a time, as seems to be the case again now. I agree that limbo is always better than death (RIP Orpheus) but I'll be shocked if these two don't go almost completely ignored in years to come.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    I mean yes, there'll be that option, but JPV is only even back because of Tynion and how often is the Fox Family even seen? I'm just saying when was the last time we saw Michael or Calvin? Or the Batmen of All Nations, David included? Pre-Flashpoint Onyx disappeared without a trace and Bette would vanish for years at a time, as seems to be the case again now. I agree that limbo is always better than death (RIP Orpheus) but I'll be shocked if these two don't go almost completely ignored in years to come.
    I mean, I think you're probably right - though I'm waiting for the 19th at least until making any real predictions - but I think there's more hope than not that we'll get something with them in the next few years.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

BANNED

I think I might have to remove the first part of my quote. Just learned that someone out there named their kid after Cass.
    Last edited by Assam; 03-09-2018 at 07:37 AM.

I think I might have to remove the first part of my quote. Just learned that someone out there named their kid after Cass.
    Cool! Cassandra isn't an entirely uncommon name (if not exactly very common) but deliberately being named after Cassandra Cain is awesome .

BANNED

Far as we know, Tynion isn't working with Martinez on any projects besides 'Tec.

https://twitter.com/JamesTheFourth/s...73852624195584

Potentially new designs for Cass and Steph for #980?

Far as we know, Tynion isn't working with Martinez on any projects besides 'Tec.

https://twitter.com/JamesTheFourth/s...73852624195584

Potentially new designs for Cass and Steph for #980?
    I saw that. It sounded more like Martinez is on whatever title Tynion is on after NOPE JUSTICE to me.

But...let me think. It's quite possible that this is for the last two issues of Tec (and since we are pretty hopeful that Tynion's going to do something new with Cass in terms of name, that could very well be a new costume as well. WITH A FREAKING BAT?)
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

I saw that. It sounded more like Martinez is on whatever title Tynion is on after NOPE JUSTICE to me.

But...let me think. It's quite possible that this is for the last two issues of Tec (and since we are pretty hopeful that Tynion's going to do something new with Cass in terms of name, that could very well be a new costume as well. WITH A FREAKING BAT?)
    Maybe reinstate her as Black Bat? It certainly sounds better than Orphan.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    Maybe reinstate her as Black Bat? It certainly sounds better than Orphan.
    People always tell us that DC can't do that because another comics company has a copyright on Black Bat, a pulp hero from a long time ago.

I say screw it.

People always tell us that DC can't do that because another comics company has a copyright on Black Bat, a pulp hero from a long time ago.

I say screw it.
    Well it sure didn't stop them from giving Cassandra Cain that name before Flashpoint hit why should that stop them now?

Well it sure didn't stop them from giving Cassandra Cain that name before Flashpoint hit why should that stop them now?
    No. Which is why I say screw it.

No. Which is why I say screw it.
    Maybe before Tynion leaves he should reinstate Cassandra as Black Bat as a parting gesture. That's a change no new writer can ignore.

Maybe before Tynion leaves he should reinstate Cassandra as Black Bat as a parting gesture. That's a change no new writer can ignore.
    I'm all in favor of it. (And bringing Steph back. Obviously. )

BANNED

It didn`t have a company currently publishing stories of the character.

Black Bat is a trick pony because not only there`s a character already with the name, said character has been butting heads with Batman hence (both came out at the same year) since both look pretty much the same, sans ears and one being blind.

I'm all in favor of it. (And bringing Steph back. Obviously. )
    Well maybe they can't give Cassandra the name Black Bat because the original character using it currently being published. but returning Stephanie will have to do as a parting gesture.

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    It didn`t have a company currently publishing stories of the character.

Black Bat is a trick pony because not only there`s a character already with the name, said character has been butting heads with Batman hence (both came out at the same year) since both look pretty much the same, sans ears and one being blind.
    Black Bat is getting new stories now?