Page 678 of 808 FirstFirst ... 178578628668674675676677678679680681682688728778 ... LastLast
Results 10,156 to 10,170 of 12112

Whatever Laura's new name is I hope she still sales afterwards.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Eh. Anyone can claim to be anybody on the Internet. Wouldn’t be at all surprised if the dude on the forum is just making stuff up to get attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    So, a conversation I had on Twitter.

Note that I do NOT have the direct source, and right now this is very much a, "I heard it from a guy who..."

Thoughts?
    That reeks of bull. As someone said in a response, Warlock or Colossus make more sense.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by klynn View Post
    Interestingly this morning I was listening to the This Week In Marvel podcast and they mentioned an X-23 series from Mariko Tamaki and Juan Cabal. They said it was announced on the Marvel website last week (apparently they record on Tuesdays). However, nothing was announced and I don't see anything on the website so maybe the podcast jumped the gun and no one caught it. Or Marvel delayed the announcement.

If true I'm sad that Tom Taylor is leaving the character. He's done great work with Laura. And adding Gabby and Jonathan was a stroke of genius. (I can't imagine they wouldn't continue in a new book with Laura, though). And I'm also surprised they would go back to the X-23 title for her. I suppose we should hear soon about this.
    ANW is great seller. I doubt that Marvel will cancel it. Maybe they will just give Laura an X-23 mini about young years.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    Eh I’d welcome a fresh perspective on Laura. In any case Taylor will still be writing Laura, Gabby and presumably Jonathan on Red.
    One of the issues with Tom Taylor writing Laura was that he didn't think about what he should do next? He took away Kimura and the trigger scent issue but then what should be Laura's new direction? Because after that she was left with no internal struggles until Orphans of X and it ended with closure great but now what's next? Because Laura used to be a very complex character but most of that complexity is gone and she's now a totally different character. I mean he should have left something of the old Laura behind to keep her interesting.
    Last edited by The Dying Detective; 03-14-2018 at 04:38 AM.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That reeks of bull. As someone said in a response, Warlock or Colossus make more sense.
    That was me. :-P

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    So, a conversation I had on Twitter.

Note that I do NOT have the direct source, and right now this is very much a, "I heard it from a guy who..."

Thoughts?
    I would be genuinely surprised if this turned out to be true. It sounds very speculative with no way to really confirm it. I'm wondering if this isn't just wishful thinking that transformed into a rumor. The fact that New Mutants got delayed for so long hints that there's something bigger going on behind the scenes, but I doubt it simply involves trying to cash in on X-23's popularity after Logan.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Mariko Tamaki writing Laura? No thanks, bruv.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Mariko Tamaki writing Laura? No thanks, bruv.
    Why?

I mean okay, her plot for Jennifer Walters was perhaps questionable for that character (though it was perhaps the most logical way of reconciling the WTF of Bendis), but based on that I think she'd make an excellent fit for Laura.
    Last edited by Nazrel; 03-14-2018 at 08:28 AM.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    Why?
    Cuz she wrote She-Hulk and all I got was some half-assed comedy, a 4-parter with a radioactive pastry chef, yuri fanbait and some arc about a lesbian stalker rip-off version of Abominatrix.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post

I mean okay, her plot for Jennifer Walters was perhaps questionable for that character (though it was perhaps the most logical way of reconciling the WTF Bendis's), but based on that I think she'd make an excellent fit for Laura.
    Was that supposed to sell me?

And she 'fixed' Jen in one issue in a rather illogical fashion. Well it was half an issue because we had to get past that quack of a shrink first.

Normally I think Tom's got a decent grasp on Laura's speech pattern, but her telling whatsherface to bring her "Nazi Stomping Boots" while hilarious and true feels a tad bit off.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Cuz she wrote She-Hulk and all I got was some half-assed comedy, a 4-parter with a radioactive pastry chef, yuri fanbait and some arc about a lesbian stalker rip-off version of Abominatrix.

Was that supposed to sell me?
    Well it was meant to highlight that she may have not been the best fit for that character, but general tone, style and themes would probably work better with Laura.

And she 'fixed' Jen in one issue in a rather illogical fashion. Well it was half an issue because we had to get past that quack of a shrink first.
    I've only read first two trades at this point, but the rushed ending probably has to do with it getting cancelled.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

BANNED

Well, we have confirmation. ANW is ending, probably with #36 in June, and Mariko Tamaki has a new X-23 #1 in July, with the Cabal and Woodward team.

Also for those who are worried Scrappy and Jonathan are staying as well. It will be interesting to see how they explain Laura going to back to the x-23 mantle given how she showed disdain for the moniker the Eots II.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lucius121 View Post
    Also for those who are worried Scrappy and Jonathan are staying as well. It will be interesting to see how they explain Laura going to back to the x-23 mantle given how she showed disdain for the moniker the Eots II.
    Nooooo! I wish she had better supporting characters than two outdated Silver Age characters. She deserve it.
    Last edited by The Dying Detective; 03-14-2018 at 10:18 AM.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he