Page 261 of 410 FirstFirst ... 161211251257258259260261262263264265271311361 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,915 of 6144

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    It goes against what they are/were pushing in the comics and the semi-deceased DCEU or they would still be promoting it as in 2012.
    Goes back to the one option thing and thinking way too far ahead before seeing how DCEU would be received. They abruptly stopped something that was steady because rushed change in direction. Not good.

Has there ever been any precedent for something like this? I don't think that the regular audience that reads comic-books is interested in following ongoing out-of-continuity series. Especially anthologies.
    I don’t know. You never know if you don’t try, though. It all depends on the creative teams and premise of each story...

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

GTA's DCEU SM/WW 3D models (more pics in the link below):

"Wonder Woman's jealousy level 🤭😅"

LMAO @ the above sequence, it's great WW vs Bimbos.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

It goes against what they are/were pushing in the comics and the semi-deceased DCEU or they would still be promoting it as in 2012.

Has there ever been any precedent for something like this? I don't think that the regular audience that reads comic-books is interested in following ongoing out-of-continuity series. Especially anthologies.
    Was not this how Sensation Comics worked for the new 52? And I believe Brave and Bold too ...

GTA's DCEU SM/WW 3D models (more pics in the link below):

"Wonder Woman's jealousy level 🤭😅"

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    LMAO @ the above sequence, it's great WW vs Bimbos.
    It’s not jealousy, it’s exactly what Celgress said! 🤣 Be gone thots!

Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post
    Was not this how Sensation Comics worked for the new 52? And I believe Brave and Bold too ...
    Sensation Comics was a digital first. But even that will be just fine. I believe the first idea of what Black Label was suppose to be has changed to basically being elsewolrds anyway...so it can be done in that format as well.

Art by Armoniankingdoms, Godstaff and Saulo Alonso de Souza Pereira:

"Justice League: War"

https://www.instagram.com/p/ByVmQ1PAOHQ/

"Catch me, if you can."

https://godstaff.tumblr.com/post/185...-me-if-you-can

"#sketchbook #superman #wonderwoman"

https://www.instagram.com/p/ByNsiPrhppU/

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    Goes back to the one option thing and thinking way too far ahead before seeing how DCEU would be received. They abruptly stopped something that was steady because rushed change in direction. Not good.
    It looks like they are partly realizing that. For example, they applied a wait and see approach to Aquaman, spending time turning his comic counterpart into a Momoa-wannabe instead of doing it when JL came out. 😝

Maybe, when in around 5 years a new SM movie reboot will eventually happen, people at DC will think twice before approving a pitch because an author is thanked in the credit of the movie or his proposal can fit in the status-quo the character is going to have as a plot-device to turn into a villain. 🤨

Anyway, what's done is done, they are not going back to SM/WW because the old DCEU and its status-quos ended up failing pathetically. That just create more uncertainty about what can or can't be done in the wait that the next wave of movies will dictate a proper direction.

I don’t know. You never know if you don’t try, though. It all depends on the creative teams and premise of each story...
    Sensation Comics was a digital first. But even that will be just fine. I believe the first idea of what Black Label was suppose to be has changed to basically being elsewolrds anyway...so it can be done in that format as well.
    The thing is that comic readers have specific buying habits: series out-of-continuity don't really impact the main line and it's not worth following them. An anthology is even worse because it doesn't even have an internal continuity that counts. The only exception seems to be the limited special projects that can even sell as much as an comic-books event.

It looks like they are partly realizing that. For example, they applied a wait and see approach to Aquaman, spending time turning his comic counterpart into a Momoa-wannabe instead of doing it when JL came out. 😝
    True but even with trying to make comic Aquaman, Momoa wanna-be, it hasn’t helped much with his comic sales and DC is barely even giving the character respect and attention he deserves for having a successful movie. Neither Wonder Woman for that matter. It’s appearance change and lip service for however long but no true investment. That’s a terrible business mindset.

Maybe, when in around 5 years a new SM movie reboot will eventually happen, people at DC will think twice before approving a pitch because an author is thanked in the credit of the movie or his proposal can fit in the status-quo the character is going to have as a plot-device to turn into a villain. 🤨
    When they reboot Superman, make him relevant to the times. They should take major notes and consider what didn’t work within the DCEU, how those plans flopped and do better.
    Also yeah...giving one author that much pull...think over that 100x over. Majorly backfired there.

Anyway, what's done is done, they are not going back to SM/WW because the old DCEU and its status-quos ended up failing pathetically. That just create more uncertainty about what can or can't be done in the wait that the next wave of movies will dictate a proper direction
    Of course they won’t go back. They can’t really. It was easy to abruptly stop it and all the messiness that was dragged along. They alienated majority new/old fans who invested in the relationship and those versions of SM and WW individually. They went way too far and screwed up the solid plans for something that wasn’t guaranteed. This is why synergy is not necessarily good unless it’s guaranteed to be an all around success long term. That hasn’t been the case at all. To put their eggs in one basket relying on movies though...walking on a tight rope.

To me, it should be realized the source material (comics) should be more of the influence than the movies. It’s not helping at all with that backwards line of thinking. Also, really pay attention to the storylines that stood out and helped the character(s) not storylines that have been over hyped/overrated for superficial reasoning.

The thing is that comic readers have specific buying habits: series out-of-continuity don't really impact the main line and it's not worth following them. An anthology is even worse because it doesn't even have an internal continuity that counts. The only exception seems to be the limited special projects that can even sell as much as an comic-books event.
    At this point, the main line in such a flux, does it actually matter? A lot of things they have said will “impact” the main line but doesn’t.
    With that line of thinking, there is so many missed opportunities. DC’s best books are mainly out of the main line anyway.

And that’s what I mean then, have it as a special project “Black Label” format.

Good morning!!!

"Superman and Wonder Woman to celebrate the 5 years of David and the 10 years of Maria Eduarda."

https://www.instagram.com/p/ByNRAGph...on_share_sheet

"A pair of success ♥ ️"

https://www.instagram.com/p/ByVCIGmD...on_share_sheet

https://www.instagram.com/p/ByQdb6oF...on_share_sheet

The thing is that the specific buying habits are no longer supporting the comic book industry! Stores are being closed, segments are being closed, such as VERTIGO, which in my view is a tremendous mistake since transferring some titles from VERTIGO to BLACK LABEL is censoring the titles (see the problem of Bat ding-a-ling )... that is, while DC tread the path of the average reader the company will be on the road to the cliff! What DC needs is to uncover other territories, find and attract new readers and for this you need to dare! SMWW opens new avenues and attracts new audiences! Habits change when something new, powerful, happens.

True but even with trying to make comic Aquaman, Momoa wanna-be, it hasn’t helped much with his comic sales and DC is barely even giving the character respect and attention he deserves for having a successful movie. Neither Wonder Woman for that matter. It’s appearance change and lip service for however long but no true investment. That’s a terrible business mindset.
    It seems that the properties of which DC is more clueless about are the ones that risk more to be influenced by their adaptations.

When they reboot Superman, make him relevant to the times. They should take major notes and consider what didn’t work within the DCEU, how those plans flopped and do better.
    Also yeah...giving one author that much pull...think over that 100x over. Majorly backfired there.
    I can see them wanting a different tone for the next Supes movie but everything else will be up to the director/writer.

Of course they won’t go back. They can’t really. It was easy to abruptly stop it and all the messiness that was dragged along. They alienated majority new/old fans who invested in the relationship and those versions of SM and WW individually. They went way too far and screwed up the solid plans for something that wasn’t guaranteed. This is why synergy is not necessarily good unless it’s guaranteed to be an all around success long term. That hasn’t been the case at all. To put their eggs in one basket relying on movies though...walking on a tight rope.

To me, it should be realized the source material (comics) should be more of the influence than the movies. It’s not helping at all with that backwards line of thinking. Also, really pay attention to the storylines that stood out and helped the character(s) not storylines that have been over hyped/overrated for superficial reasoning.
    Comics matter less and less, while movies is where the big money really are. That's why I hope that SM/WW will finally make a jump into the big screen, one day.

At this point, the main line in such a flux, does it actually matter? A lot of things they have said will “impact” the main line but doesn’t.
    With that line of thinking, there is so many missed opportunities. DC’s best books are mainly out of the main line anyway.
    That's true. Most of what they write will eventually end up out-of-continuity due to mismanagement. 😅 But readers are supposed to not know that before it'll happen. 😜

And that’s what I mean then, have it as a special project “Black Label” format.
    Prestige limited series or graphic novel are the ideal formats to guarantee quality of both art and writing.

The thing is that the specific buying habits are no longer supporting the comic book industry! Stores are being closed, segments are being closed, such as VERTIGO, which in my view is a tremendous mistake since transferring some titles from VERTIGO to BLACK LABEL is censoring the titles (see the problem of Bat ding-a-ling )... that is, while DC tread the path of the average reader the company will be on the road to the cliff! What DC needs is to uncover other territories, find and attract new readers and for this you need to dare! SMWW opens new avenues and attracts new audiences! Habits change when something new, powerful, happens.
    Comic books readers are what they are. The new readers that DC is looking for buy stuff at the newsstands or bookstores. That would be the ideal audience for SM/WW.

Comic books readers are what they are. The new readers that DC is looking for buy stuff at the newsstands or bookstores. That would be the ideal audience for SM/WW.
    YES!!!!!!

“A birth-date is a reminder to celebrate the life as well as to update the life.”
    ― Amit Kalantri, Wealth of Words

https://t.co/cqcMpAzD2t

#tbt #super #heroes #wonderwoman #superman

https://www.instagram.com/p/ByFTgXen...on_share_sheet

"We all dream of being superheroes. And when else can you feel that way, if not on the most important day of your life?"

https://www.instagram.com/p/ByVygmCg...on_share_sheet

I can see them wanting a different tone for the next Supes movie but everything else will be up to the director/writer.
    Honestly, just let Patty do it. She understands.

Comics matter less and less, while movies is where the big money really are. That's why I hope that SM/WW will finally make a jump into the big screen, one day.
    Yeah but that’s the source material period. Still movies as we see aren’t a guarantee when not properly planned out. Also it may not capture the audience. Still can not put your eggs in one basket.

That's true. Most of what they write will eventually end up out-of-continuity due to mismanagement. 😅 But readers are supposed to not know that before it'll happen. 😜
    Either by rewrites or straight up contradicting themselves the very next or a couple of issues later...yep. I guess this is why they are now going for the “everything counts” approach but that’s still so lazy and even more confusing, contradictory 🤣

Prestige limited series or graphic novel are the ideal formats to guarantee quality of both art and writing.
    Exactly. So that’s what we want to go for.

"T-shirts casal✨Superman & Wonder Woman ✨ $ 49.99 each. ��������.
    .Valentines Day Collection.
    ��See Direct or Whats (91) 982103300

��Rua Gama Abreu, 141 entre 1º de Março e Ferreira Cantão (próx a Praça da República)"

https://www.instagram.com/p/ByX2Rv8D...on_share_sheet

"Double cushions -Superman & Wonder Woman✨R $ 49.99 each. ��������.
    .Valentines Day Collection.

��Rua Gama Abreu, 141 entre 1º de Março e Ferreira Cantão (próx a Praça da República)"

https://www.instagram.com/p/ByXgmRjD...on_share_sheet

"Married couple -Superman & Wonder Woman ✨R $ 29.99 each. ����☕️��.
    .Vaalentines Day Collection.

https://www.instagram.com/p/ByYf55Jj...on_share_sheet