Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    My headcanon is Fantomex must be the biological father of the Cuckoos, they are natural blondes unlike Emma, so they must have a blonde father, he was created by the Sublime Weapon Plus program as Weapon XIII, and the Cuckoos were the successor, Weapon XIV.
    In my headcanon Steve Rogers is their sperm donor. It makes too much sense.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Havok, Colossus, and Dazzler on the Outback team. Dazzler and Beast are friends from her solo. Beast and Havok were teammates when Havok first joined the X-Men. Beast and Colossus were on Astonishing, the original run, together. Warpath is the wildcard but wildcards are fine.
    As has been pointed out, Jimmy was in space with Havok with the whole fighting Vulcan run along with Rachel and Polaris, and was teamed with Colossus on Utopia

And also, everyone either seems to forget or be unaware, but Beast and Dazzler were more than just friends, they dated seriously.
    There was an entire mini series about, Beauty and the Beast, and they were off in California together, and a big deal was made of their love in the story.

So there are multiple connections across the team dynamic, and even an ex-couple in Ali and Hank.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    Are you trying to imply that the Cuckoos are the result of 70+ year old sperm?
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Three blonde's on one team? Seems like overkill .
    Bendis had 6

Emma’s actually a brunette.
    And Psylocke is a natural blonde, but per the copyright Emma is blonde

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Why can’t we ever get rid of Land?
    his art is actually clean and has some aesthetic value. There's been some really really bad art on the Xbooks lately.

My headcanon is Fantomex must be the biological father of the Cuckoos, they are natural blondes unlike Emma, so they must have a blonde father, he was created by the Sublime Weapon Plus program as Weapon XIII, and the Cuckoos were the successor, Weapon XIV.
    They don't need a father if they're genetic clones. And there are people on this board that believe an ancient sentient virus can exist, but won't believe that the same ancient sentient virus could make the cuckoos blonde because one of Emma's origin stories has her as a brunette. Choosing your child's hair/eye color is actually something you can do now. Dr's can adjust the genes of an embryo.

I wonder if Havok still cares about Janet and her daughter that Kang stole after returning to normal?

Does marvel still care?

Astonishing Member

It has to be either Steve or Fantomex, the other blonde characters who have been in the weapon X or Plus program wouldnt make that much sense (Sabretooth, Wildchild, Maverick sometimes is blonde depending on the colorist)
    The Cuckoos also don't age, they looked the same 150 years in the future in Here Comes Tomorrow. But I think Fantomex makes much more sense. Their newest creation (not from a century ago), both Fantomex and Cuckoos wear created in The World, he even only wears white.

Having Psylocke in this book would make it much more Outback era, but having Emma in it would make it a book about the characters that were fucked up most in the last years (Emma, Beast and Havok) both options are good.

just more f@#king nostalgia

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Are you trying to imply that the Cuckoos are the result of 70+ year old sperm?
    And 50+ year old eggs.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    his art is actually clean and has some aesthetic value. There's been some really really bad art on the Xbooks lately.

His art is gorgeous imo
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    Bendis had 6

And Psylocke is a natural blonde, but per the copyright Emma is blonde

They don't need a father if they're genetic clones. And there are people on this board that believe an ancient sentient virus can exist, but won't believe that the same ancient sentient virus could make the cuckoos blonde because one of Emma's origin stories has her as a brunette. Choosing your child's hair/eye color is actually something you can do now. Dr's can adjust the genes of an embryo.
    Why would sentient bacteria care about hair colour? The Cuckoos seem to have an age supression factor, like many weapon X characters, that genetic enhancement makes sense if they are a weapon and you want them to last. Making them blonde doesnt seem like a worthy investment when designing a weapon.
    And I also prefer them as daughters of Emma instead of identical clones, that makes them more like twins of Emma.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    I wonder if Havok still cares about Janet and her daughter that Kang stole after returning to normal?

Does marvel still care?
    I think it would be very hard to bring her back. Kang made to never have existed iirc, even if Alex has the memories.

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    His art is gorgeous imo
    I enjoy Greg's art as well

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    His art is gorgeous imo
    well...you like to argue...so..

Why would sentient bacteria care about hair colour?
    It (Sublime) doesn't that's my point. Fans DO care about that sort of thing. Hair color/Skin color....arguments for days

And 50+ year old eggs.
    500px-Bait.jpg

I hope Dazzler's powers are used in different ways - stealth missions and blowing people's faces off again? Also, I like this team - Not overused like Gold's but not entirely new either - I'm ready for this.
    I’ve just published my very first work on ‘Archive of Our Own’, under the same name as here. It is the first chapter of ‘I Am My Own Best Friend ~ An Emma Frost Road Trip’, which focuses on Emma between the events of IvX and Secret Empire, including the White Queen going on a road trip, to try and have fun!

You can read the story here: https://archiveofourown.org/works/15795663

I hope you enjoy it as much I did writing it!

Dazzler, Havok, Colossus--- Australian outback strong.... Beast has solid history with all of them and can help Alex's image. Warpath could be a fun addition, and underused.

Perfect other addition IS Psylocke. I'd love if Moonstar could even slide into this team for an interesting dynamic, too. Lacking in the psi department.

So this leaves X-Men Gold down to Kitty, Storm and Rachel... possible Iceman, Rogue, Magma, Ink, Armor (who cares about Ink and Armor?)... they're lacking males there where as this team is heavy.

I feel like a real shake up is coming and swaps all around. July Solicits should be revealing on where all the teams stand.