Page 13 of 93 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast

Haven't got the new issue yet, but can not wait to get to the LCS to pick it up (plus an extra one to K.W.A.I.)!

I want this series in TPB, its beautiful to look at and I'm loving this team!
    Last edited by MIMIC616; 08-08-2014 at 06:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MIMIC616 View Post
    I want this series in TPB, its beautiful to look at and the I'm loving this team!
    Agreed. This volume of the series rocks!

Honestly dude cant wait for the trade on this one..buy the comic and support us..!

I would love to see Hollow from Generation-X join the team, just to see how Speedball react to them both being called Penance.

Quote Originally Posted by baltiroo View Post
    Haven't got the new issue yet, but can not wait to get to the LCS to pick it up (plus an extra one to K.W.A.I.)!
    Thank you for being a part of the initiative, Warrior Baltiroo! You are awesome! I know we can jumpstart this thing!

So who's everyone's favorite member of the current team so far?

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MIMIC616 View Post
    I would love to see Hollow from Generation-X join the team, just to see how Speedball react to them both being called Penance.
    Yay Hollow!

Quote Originally Posted by MASTER-OF-SUPRISE View Post
    Aracely.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Hi guys, I'm new to the boards and a big New Warriors fan. I'm looking forward to having a place where I can regularly talk about my love for these characters!

Just a little background, I first fell in love with these characters as a kid in the 90's and then took a break from comics in my teenage years when there wasn't a comic shop in my town anymore. When I got back into comics, I read the Civil War era New Warriors (which I barely count as a real NW team) before branching out from there. As for the current run, I love it. I loved both Yost and Marcus To during their separate tenures on DC's Red Robin series and was really excited when I saw they were the team that was bringing the team back! I wish that the stories could get a little tie-in bump from Original Sin (I hate crossovers but you can't deny that they can temporarily boost sales) but I love that it still exists outside of the various Avengers and X books.

A bitter New Warriors fan MitchFox's Avatar

Of all the members of the current team, my favourites are Speedball and Justice. And I am also starting to like Sun Girl.

My favourite characters in any team incarnations are Justice, Speedball, Firestar, Silhouette and Sun Girl.

My least favourite New Warrior character is Hindsight Lad for being a cowardly traitor. I also like to pretend that the team of depowered mutants in armour led by a different Night Thrasher in the fourth book didn't happen.
    Tumblr: http://oxymitch.tumblr.com/

MITCH'S FAVOURITES - Speedball, Justice (Vance Astrovik), Gambit, Jubilee, Rogue, Wiccan, Speed, Quasar (Wendell Vaughn), Quicksilver, She-Hulk, Cosmo

Quote Originally Posted by Loose Cannon View Post
    Hi guys, I'm new to the boards and a big New Warriors fan. I'm looking forward to having a place where I can regularly talk about my love for these characters!

Just a little background, I first fell in love with these characters as a kid in the 90's and then took a break from comics in my teenage years when there wasn't a comic shop in my town anymore. When I got back into comics, I read the Civil War era New Warriors (which I barely count as a real NW team) before branching out from there. As for the current run, I love it. I loved both Yost and Marcus To during their separate tenures on DC's Red Robin series and was really excited when I saw they were the team that was bringing the team back! I wish that the stories could get a little tie-in bump from Original Sin (I hate crossovers but you can't deny that they can temporarily boost sales) but I love that it still exists outside of the various Avengers and X books.
    Loose Cannon, welcome to the boards!! It is always great to meet another New Warriors fan and I'm glad you found us! Like you, I became a fan in the 90's with issue 1 of volume 1. Speedball instantly became my favorite superhero not only on the team, but of all time. I fell in love with all of the other characters as well. Especially, Night Thrasher and Justice. With other team books I always had those one or two characters that I liked. With the Warriors, I loved and rooted for them all.

The Civil War era was a conflicting one for me. On one hand, it was awful to see the team destroyed at Stamford and New Warriors volume 4 was really more like a New Warriors side story but on the other hand, Marvel never really let go of the characters and while they floated, untethered to an eponymous book, we got to see some really interesting stories and character development like Speedball evolving into Penance and back, Justice maturing into a competent leader with the Avengers Initiative, Counter Force and Avengers Academy and in the background of it all Richard Rider became a legend out of Annihilation. It was an interesting time.

The current run is something special. I hope sales grow for the book so that we can have it with us for a good, long time. It is a fine time to be a Warriors fan.
    Last edited by Speedball; 08-09-2014 at 02:38 PM.

Favorites: Speedball and Justice. (I'm old school Warriors.) Out of the new recruits I am liking Hummingbird the most.

I miss Dwayne Taylor and Richard Rider.

I would also love to see Rage, Darkhawk, Firestar, Cloak and Dagger rejoin the team. (Love those characters)

I wasnt sure who my favorite was. i havnt really loved Justice since around the time the team was founded...but his rant versus the Avengers won me over...he is the glue for the NW

I'm a huge Speedball fan (I'm excited that Robbie's Penance days are still with him) and I've really come around on Justice in the past few years. From the new line-up, I really like what I've seen of Kaine and Watersnake. I miss Rich and Namorita the most from the original line-up!

I really miss Dwayne..but i also dug Donyell..