Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Morbius

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    It's funny how many British actors who play heroes in their home country end up playing villains in American movies.
    Isn’t it like...a thing that American movies tend to use British accents for villainous characters?

Depends on the villain. The British accent is usually used as shorthand for a villain being aristocratic or coldly intellectual. Brutish villains usually get Southern or Russian accents.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Sadly Batman can be blamed for that after BTAS (Best Animated Show Ever) the censors cracked down hard on STAS hence cops having laser pistols and plasma to name a few.
    Cartoons were already doing that in the 80s with guys shooting laser pistols. Aside from Rambo, Starblazers, Battle of the Planets, Gatchman and a few other shows.

Oddly enough no one had an issue with it when Gargoyles, Talespin & Ducktales had folks with real guns.

Nor Robotech showing dead bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Wasn't that just time travel nonsense or something that didn't make sense?
    No and it actually did make sense. Instead of being able to change your past (which would cause a paradox), another branch reality is created. It's the Multiverse theory.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Cartoons were already doing that in the 80s with guys shooting laser pistols. Aside from Rambo, Starblazers, Battle of the Planets, Gatchman and a few other shows.

Oddly enough no one had an issue with it when Gargoyles, Talespin & Ducktales had folks with real guns.

Nor Robotech showing dead bodies.
    The Show Runner has said the Censors came down hard because of BTAS they couldn't even mention death hence why STAS and X-Men TAS said Destroy all the time.

Im not the biggest Morbius fan. My knowledge of him is limited af. So wtf is he doing with His hand and the bats? I thought the self experimentation changed him. Not cutting his hand and holding it out to a bunch of Vampire bats?

Also did not see Tyrese in the trailer at all. Would be funny if after all that talking he did that they just cut hit ass out.

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    No and it actually did make sense. Instead of being able to change your past (which would cause a paradox), another branch reality is created. It's the Multiverse theory.
    Yeah, accept Captain America got to live with Peggy in the past in seemingly the same universe where Falcon and Winter Soldier were waiting for him, so...he changed the real past?

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Yeah, accept Captain America got to live with Peggy in the past in seemingly the same universe where Falcon and Winter Soldier were waiting for him, so...he changed the real past?
    The writers said that but the Directors who have way more control over the story said Cap made a branched timeline he lived in and then Jumped back to give sam the Sheild and say goodbye.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    The writers said that but the Directors who have way more control over the story said Cap made a branched timeline he lived in and then Jumped back to give sam the Sheild and say goodbye.
    But how did he jump to the original timeline if he didn't pop up where they were expecting him/out the "time" machine? I mean, he was just sitting there a little ways away like he had been sitting there waiting for time to catch up. How?

Edit: Whatever the director said, how it was filmed makes it seem the complete opposite of what he said...

Spectacular Member

Im not the biggest Morbius fan. My knowledge of him is limited af. So wtf is he doing with His hand and the bats? I thought the self experimentation changed him. Not cutting his hand and holding it out to a bunch of Vampire bats?
    Same here. Dont know alot about the character overall. Maybe because of that fact alone, I wasnt really impressed with the trailer. Unless I see something that grabs me in the next trailer, I probably will pass on seeing in theaters. (I'll still see it. Hell, I even watched latest iteration of Fantastic 4 -- ugh!-- after i was warned continually).

But how did he jump to the original timeline if he didn't pop up where they were expecting him/out the "time" machine? I mean, he was just sitting there a little ways away like he had been sitting there waiting for time to catch up. How?

Edit: Whatever the director said, how it was filmed makes it seem the complete opposite of what he said...
    They only need those platforms as a return point. If he jumped from a platform in his own timeline he could appear wherever just like they did earlier in the movie. Also explains the Sheild since we dont know how that new timeline woulda played out either way hit required more explanation.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 01-16-2020 at 07:47 PM.

Also did not see Tyrese in the trailer at all. Would be funny if after all that talking he did that they just cut hit ass out.
    I'm thinking he may have injected himself with something that needed a bat bite to activate, which then vampire-ized him? (Sounds dumb, but, unless the movie offers a different explanation for the scene, that's the best I've got.)
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    I'm thinking he may have injected himself with something that needed a bat bite to activate, which then vampire-ized him? (Sounds dumb, but, unless the movie offers a different explanation for the scene, that's the best I've got.)
    Ok just wondering. Curious why Tyrese wasnt in the trailer. From hearing stuff in pre production and during filming I thought Tyrese was playing Second Lead. But I highly doubt that now.

They only need those platforms as a return point. If he jumped from a platform in his own timeline he could appear wherever just like they did earlier in the movie. Also explains the Sheild since we dont know how that new timeline woulda played out either way hit required more explanation.
    Sounds complicated, and was not spelled out very well in film. I'm guessing most people were confused by it or thought he had changed the main timeline too. Even if that's not what happened, the scene gave that impression. Bad directing or editing one.

He was in an alternate past that was created when he stayed with Peggy. The end does contradict what was said earlier in the film but a single plot hole doesn't invalidate the entire premise or make the whole thing confusing.

That's not correct. They need the time platform to reappear in a specific reality. Cap would have had to return to the platform to be in the "main" reality." Otherwise he'd just jump forward to the altered timeline he was in with Peggy.