Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 28343536373839 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    I'm sure there will be more nuance to it but I still see the good X-Men et al versus the Africa-themed bad guys initially. *shrugs* I hope it plays out far more critically than that.
    They’ve been fighting Apocalypse for years. This ain’t nothing new.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    They’ve been fighting Apocalypse for years. This ain’t nothing new.
    well apocalypse has been humanized and given nuance like never before so im willing to belive the same will extend to his children, Nx01a pov makes sense and its a good point too

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

As these things go...I'm sure some "intellectuals" will ascribe some deeper, critical meanings to this story either in part or as a whole...regardless of the writers' true and actual intent...just because.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    As these things go...I'm sure some "intellectuals" will ascribe some deeper, critical meanings to this story either in part or as a whole...regardless of the writers' true and actual intent...just because.
    I'm going to not take that as shade. I will, however, say that how things actually appear on the printed page can be completely different from how the creators intended them at the writing stage. For example... I'm sure Marc Guggenheim thought he was writing Kitty sympathetically in X-Men Gold.
    Last edited by nx01a; 09-26-2020 at 01:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

So... The X-Men are beating up on the African bad guys. That could be problematic.
    What's your solution to that? Never use African bad guys again?

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Not until they do right by Moses Magnum! He should be a big time threat/player.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    well apocalypse has been humanized and given nuance like never before so im willing to belive the same will extend to his children, Nx01a pov makes sense and its a good point too
    I think Hickman, Thanos, Black Order = Hickman, Apocalypse, Apoc’s kids

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    As was pointed out above, we haven't seen them on the page yet and they've got compelling backstory to explain why they're the 'bad' guys. I think it's how they're portrayed that makes the difference. If they're all just RARGH SLASH KILL, then they'll suck as villains. If they're more well rounded with individual personalities, great. There are 22 parts to this, plenty of time to explore the Arakkoan mindset and that of their champions. Show me who these people are and what's at stake for them as opposed to the usual Angry Black Wo/Man trope.
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Not until they do right by Moses Magnum! He should be a big time threat/player.
    Apocalypse enhanced him then never looked back.

Apocalypse enhanced him then never looked back.
    Yeah, pretty much an afterthought. You'd think they'd include him in something like this since he's a creation of Apocalypse.

Dang! They look nice!
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Dang! They look nice!
    The designs really are quite awesome.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I think Hickman, Thanos, Black Order = Hickman, Apocalypse, Apoc’s kids
    Nah thanos wasnt humanized like apocalypse and wasnt allowed to progress into a character with a softer side like A. He has been showing in it in excalibur and even in x-men 7 when he welcomed Melody back.

His arc has been one of genuine change and instrospection of the way he sees mutant kind and himself that even moira aknowledges it , and also giving him a greater level of humanity and vulnerability, his regret and joy when he meets his children once more, wich makes every part of his character deeper and gives us insight and greater meaning to his story.

Every quartet of horsemen, an attempt to replace his children, making earth a living hell because that's what his family were going trough.

Only because its the same writer and "roles" doesn't make it the same, apocalypse story has been one of community and the power it brings and reconecting with arrako, wich is missing piece of krakoa.
    Last edited by Ferro; 09-26-2020 at 01:34 PM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I'm going to not take that as shade. I will, however, say that how things actually appear on the printed page can be completely different from how the creators intended them at the writing stage. For example... I'm sure Marc Guggenheim thought he was writing Kitty sympathetically in X-Men Gold.
    No shade intended at all.
    Yes things on the printed page are usually left up to interpretation but..."intellectual" individual interpretation is never the whole truth or even the correct truth.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Nah thanos wasnt humanized like apocalypse and wasnt allowed to progress into a character with a softer side like A. He has been showing in it in excalibur and even in x-men 7 when he welcomed Melody back.

His arc has been one of genuine change and instrospection of the way he sees mutant kind and himself that even moira aknowledges it , and also giving him a greater level of humanity and vulnerability, his regret and joy when he meets his children once more, wich makes every part of his character deeper and gives us insight and greater meaning to his story.

Every quartet of horsemen, an attempt to replace his children, making earth a living hell because that's what his family were going trough.

Only because its the same writer and "roles" doesn't make it the same, apocalypse story has been one of community and the power it brings and reconecting with arrako, wich is missing piece of krakoa.
    The comparison is...

Apocalypse -Horsemen
    Thanos -Black Order

...not that they have the same story/character arc. But yeah, they're nothing alike as far as characters.