Page 466 of 626 FirstFirst ... 366416456462463464465466467468469470476516566 ... LastLast
Results 6,976 to 6,990 of 9381

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Yes, it has. Its most prominent return was at the end of the Phoenix saga in the '80s, which is the reason it has recurred in a variety of stories ever since - it is seen as Jean 'back to basics.' Jean can be seen in the Marvel Girl outfit or a variation of it off and on in various stories over the years - one variant in the astral plane in Inferno, other instances like that in future stories, etc. One assumes the reason for Jean being Marvel Girl again now has a similar thematic basis, but we don't know what yet.
    DPS is the last time she’s actually worn it and it wasn’t her regular costume. I don’t agree with Wallstreeter much but do on this

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Id this upcoming, flashback, or just fanart?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    DPS is the last time she’s actually worn it and it wasn’t her regular costume. I don’t agree with Wallstreeter much but do on this
    We can quibble on whether or not she's physically worn it outside the astral plane since or not - I honestly don't remember. But I do know it has recurred in astral plane stuff or other places at several moments of upheaval in a number of stories since DPS, which was my point every time this issue has come up. There is a reason for her being back in that outfit now, same as those other times, and it is clearly not just to reduce Jean to serving tupperware.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Id this upcoming, flashback, or just fanart?
    It is a commission
    https://twitter.com/monkey__marc/sta...25681782464513
    comission.jpg

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Oh looks good. I just shudder to think how much it cost to get all these characters & the good background.

Jean did appear in the Marvel Girl costume in the X-men Red annual as it continued from the last issue of Phoenix Resurrection.

Jean was in a MG style costume in Age of X-man. Beyond that the last time she was in the costume was during the Dark Phoenix Saga. Jean has had some astral plane images as Marvel Girl (one of which was Teen Jean, Jean or a part of her essence appeared in the MG costume when she appeared to Rachel through the holo-empathic crystal in X-men Reload). In flashback stories such as X-men the Hidden Years she appeared in the MG costume. In one of the Wolverine issues Jean appeared as MG but it wasn't really her (he was dreaming or something). Jean did appear in a Phoenix costume in the Wolverine solo where she had a Marvel Girl-esque mask but it was green (the Viper Phoenix outfit).

For the most part Jean has not wore this particular costume and it is a dated call back to an earlier era. I don't hate the costumer per se but it is dated. I do think Hickman chose it to make Jean look more mutant-like. She looks different... if I was a brand new fan I would find her look curious, especially because of the mask.

I just think the costume looks out of place among all the other costumes. Storm looks great and Jean looks like she just hopped out of a time machine.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I was reading Jean's X-Men Monday again, and I don't think we've seen this picture in a book yet right?

It doesn't look like RB or Pepe, so I'm guessing this is from X-Force? Unless its appeared prior and I don't recall the panel.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    Jean did appear in the Marvel Girl costume in the X-men Red annual as it continued from the last issue of Phoenix Resurrection.

Jean was in a MG style costume in Age of X-man. Beyond that the last time she was in the costume was during the Dark Phoenix Saga. Jean has had some astral plane images as Marvel Girl (one of which was Teen Jean, Jean or a part of her essence appeared in the MG costume when she appeared to Rachel through the holo-empathic crystal in X-men Reload). In flashback stories such as X-men the Hidden Years she appeared in the MG costume. In one of the Wolverine issues Jean appeared as MG but it wasn't really her (he was dreaming or something). Jean did appear in a Phoenix costume in the Wolverine solo where she had a Marvel Girl-esque mask but it was green (the Viper Phoenix outfit).

For the most part Jean has not wore this particular costume and it is a dated call back to an earlier era. I don't hate the costumer per se but it is dated. I do think Hickman chose it to make Jean look more mutant-like. She looks different... if I was a brand new fan I would find her look curious, especially because of the mask.

I just think the costume looks out of place among all the other costumes. Storm looks great and Jean looks like she just hopped out of a time machine.
    The dress is mutant like? it looks like someone wanted to go on Halloween dressed like Phoenix but with a dress

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    The dress is mutant like? it looks like someone wanted to go on Halloween dressed like Phoenix but with a dress
    I concede I might be problematic since I'm using "mutant like" to stand in for "strange", "different", etc. But I don't disagree with you that it is an odd look for today's times. I kind of wish they had uses the Age of X-man MG look since it was a modern take.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    I was reading Jean's X-Men Monday again, and I don't think we've seen this picture in a book yet right?

It doesn't look like RB or Pepe, so I'm guessing this is from X-Force? Unless its appeared prior and I don't recall the panel.
    I do not believe we have seen this art yet. I wasn't sure who the artist is. I thought someone at the time thought it was Yu's but I'm not sure it looks like his work. Could it be the artist on X-force? I am not familiar with his art.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I concede I might be problematic since I'm using "mutant like" to stand in for "strange", "different", etc. But I don't disagree with you that it is an odd look for today's times. I kind of wish they had uses the Age of X-man MG look since it was a modern take.
    It is a weird outfit, but I wouldn't say it look mutant. Monet, Hope costumes look like a superhero suit instead of a ordinary dress

It gives her an interesting silhouette and plays with weird, unnatural proportions. The mask is great, but the skirt is a problem. She's wearing pants in one cover of X-Force, but not in another.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    That's the worst case scenario. I will say this: I don't care if Hickman wrote the best Emma Frost in the history of mankind to the point that Scott Lobdell and Leah Williams create an entire religion to it, if this is REALLY how Hickman is going to have Jean act long term, even as the start of some "getting stronger" storyline, then every Jean fan should rightfully tell him to shove every issue where the sun doesn't shine, and I would be right there with them. If this is how Hickman really sees her for some messed up reason, then he needs to leave the X-books immediately and never come back. It would be the worst character portrayal and character assassination in X-history, hands down. Xorneto herding humans into ovens would be a miracle of perfect writing by comparison.
    This post......this post is so beyond absurd and melodramatic....i honestly don't even know where to begin.

Just what.

Fantastic Member

The mere fact JDW did not want to answer the MG costume and pushes it to Hickman, tells me there's a *story* behind it. And hopefully we get the explanation we need!

http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...30-x-costumes/
    Last edited by mike7171; 09-30-2019 at 09:22 AM.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post

This looks a lot like Casara's art. It reminds me of Carmen Carnero's? I'm excited.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey