Page 26 of 85 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676 ... LastLast

Having just re-read the whole run after being hooked back by the annual... I'm surprised at how coherent and well thought out it turned out to be. In my mind, it was really messy and sometimes too drama-charged, but reading everything in one go make it really great. I think that Priest write for the trades more than the issues. Had he more pages each monthes, it woyld be even better.

Priest has woven a very interconnected story. I really appreciate the editor’s notes while reading this book.

I was think about how Wally and Tana are both characters who were given the name of very popular characters. Many people see them as not the true version of their respective monickers. It’s interesting that Priest has brought them together. I still really hope that Tanya gets a new codename. Colossal Girl? Goliath Girl? Ultra Girl?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    It's not that he doesn't write her interestingly. He totally does. But I don't like the approach that he's suddenly taking showing Terra with sexual interest in Slade still even if it isn't morally as wrong as it was before. When he first started writing her, she hated him, there was nothing like that there, and he's shown that she felt betrayed by him. It'd be more interesting if she still hated him and worked with him anyway. Especially since most modern incarnations show Terra as the more sympathetic of the two of them by default.
    With Terra, you can't really tell if all the sexual stuff is her trying to be funny or if she's actually serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Having just re-read the whole run after being hooked back by the annual... I'm surprised at how coherent and well thought out it turned out to be. In my mind, it was really messy and sometimes too drama-charged, but reading everything in one go make it really great. I think that Priest write for the trades more than the issues. Had he more pages each monthes, it woyld be even better.
    I don't know if Priest writing is suited better for trade or not, I have liked some single issues very much but when it was twice monthly it definitely helped as Priest really does good build up and has good execution.
    Last edited by kurenai24; 02-03-2018 at 04:32 PM.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Does anybody think that may be Etienne's death won't be solved or revealed, what if this is suppose to remain a mystery, we all expect answers but maybe we shouldn't.

~~

DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    Does anybody think that may be Etienne's death won't be solved or revealed, what if this is suppose to remain a mystery, we all expect answers but maybe we shouldn't.
    At this point, I think it is likely that Spade did it, because of Chinatown.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    With Terra, you can't really tell if all the sexual stuff is her trying to be funny or if she's actually serious.
    That's true.

I would be disappointed in Priest if this is never answered. That's bad writing.

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I seriously doubt her relationship with Rose is a motivation for Terra to work with Slade. She is always bickering and fighting with Rose.
    I'm interpreting their relationship as sibling-like. Tara was the original stand-in for Rose (and Joey and Grant) as his child in his own twisted way after all, like Tanya is now.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    I would be disappointed in Priest if this is never answered. That's bad writing.
    No it's not, unresolved issues are literally things we see in tv shows or books, but I would understand being disappointed.
    Last edited by kurenai24; 02-07-2018 at 08:03 PM.

~~

~~

No it's not unresolved issues are literally things we see in tv shows or books, but I would understand being disappointed.
    It kind of is bad writing though. I'm a writer, and leaving something like this as unresolved would be bad form, especially in a narrative like comic books where the polite thing to do would be to wrap things up neatly for the next writer to take care of. I expect better than just leaving it to hang from Priest.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    At this point, I think it is likely that Spade did it, because of Chinatown.
    I'm leaning towards the killer being Rose or Willow(assuming she isn't a split personality/alter ego of Rose). Rose's sword being from the future was mentioned for a reason and at this point no one is sure where this Rose-Willow plot is heading.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    I'm leaning towards the killer being Rose or Willow(assuming she isn't a split personality/alter ego of Rose). Rose's sword being from the future was mentioned for a reason and at this point no one is sure where this Rose-Willow plot is heading.
    Well, this week's issue did seem to indicate that it's possible - though I think that the reveal at the end is a bit too soon to be the "true" reveal. You think it's possible Slade killed Etienne to stop Rose from doing it? And did Slade bring the sword back knowing that it would cause possession of Rose?
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Omg, I forgot #28 is coming out, I'll come back to my thoughts.

~~

~~

Omg, I forgot #28 is coming out, I'll come back to my thoughts.
    Yes! I know, it's just last week we got the annual - it's like it's double shipping again!

Wow I actually feel like everything will be wrapped in a nice bow by part 2 of Chinatown but I am a bit confused on the situation with Rose, are we now discussing the possibility of Rose having a split personality.

I also still wanted a showdown with Deathstroke and Isherwood and Deasthstroke and Kenan but instead we got scuffles, but the fights are not what Inread deathstroke for and thrse scuffles were good enough.

~~

~~

I take back what I said about Terra. She's definitely being portrayed as a victim.

Also I knew the Etienne stuff would be put to rest soon enough haha.