Page 99 of 613 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109149199599 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 9194
    Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Don't know where else to put this, but apparently Nat Irons will be joining the Titans as Steel post No Justice. Pretty glad to hear this honestly. She was kind of slipping away in relevancy, and I think she'd work very well in Titans. Not really interested in the book, but still glad.
    LOL. Thank you. I saw they listed Steel as being in the Titans, and I was actually too mad at that to comment on it. I thought they were subbing grown uncle John for Cyborg in the TT dynamic. Much, much closer to being interested in that project now.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Hey, I think the idea of rewarding creators for high-selling books is an idea with merit....it just probably isn't actually feasible, and it won't be based on actual quality. The only thing I can think of is running a smaller print-line with higher cancellation vectors to generate the extra money necessary to pay bonuses to whoever is writing Batman. And that's what it would be. Deathstroke is one of the best titles DC has right now, with a very popular writer, and it'll rarely, if ever, crack 100K. Batman on the other hand, can crack 100K without too much effort, and you don't have to be a Snyder or Bendis to get there, you just have to hype the story up and get fans scared of what you'll do.

This blogger of your's also seems to have a much higher opinion of print retail than I do. I don't see print being a viable option for the future, regardless of how you're distributing it. He talks about wanting to get kids back into comics and I agree with that 100%, but if you're gonna do that you're doing it digitally. Besides, I'm pretty sure the Diamond Deal slants things so print distribution through other channels knocks the price up way too much.
    Rewarding a creator would require a huge amount of sales so that there can be plenty of bonuses to hand out. But it would take very long time to deliver those bonuses with Shawn James's plan. Now unless you want to have every writer doing Batman there's no chance of them getting that bonus. Yeah well I lost my high opinion on that blogger. Especially when he thinks bringing back the Comics Code Authority would lead to better comics he thinks it set a standard for writers to follow. And I often wondered whether should all publishing houses convert to digital to save themselves.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

BANNED

You know the reason Lois and Jon and he is wearing the trunks "might" be that Superman gets tossed into the past,HIS OWN past.back when Lois didn't know Clark was super,no Jon,and he was wearing trunks.

And Kara is there because she gets freed early either by the bad guy or Superman needing Kryptonian backup.

This could also be how they bring Kon back,by changing the new Reborn past so he gets created.

This could be how super KEEPS the trunks in the present

Kara older and in sync with the tv show

Lois and Jon back and in normal reality not convergence reality

Kon here and having history that we all know and love

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lvenger View Post
    Where did you hear that? This is the first I've heard of it. Not doubting you obviously, just curious why more sites aren't reporting about it.
    What Dragon said. I think it's fair to assume they aren't using John when Nat also used to be Steel pre-52 and she happens to be the perfect age to be a Titan.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    LOL. Thank you. I saw they listed Steel as being in the Titans, and I was actually too mad at that to comment on it. I thought they were subbing grown uncle John for Cyborg in the TT dynamic. Much, much closer to being interested in that project now.
    Oh god, can you even imagine lol
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    Rewarding a creator would require a huge amount of sales so that there can be plenty of bonuses to hand out. But it would take very long time to deliver those bonuses with Shawn James's plan. Now unless you want to have every writer doing Batman there's no chance of them getting that bonus. Yeah well I lost my high opinion on that blogger. Especially when he thinks bringing back the Comics Code Authority would lead to better comics he thinks it set a standard for writers to follow. And I often wondered whether should all publishing houses convert to digital to save themselves.
    The thing with the bonuses would depend on how DC juggles their accounting. I know with Marvel, they'll sometimes take "extra" revenue generated by a high-selling title and use that to keep a lower-selling (but acclaimed) book in print. They did it with David's X-Factor for quite a while I guess. If DC does something similar, then the "extra" sales from Batman might be what helps keep Red Hood or Nightwing or some other Bat-office title going. But I don't know. It's possible that a title that pulls 100K or more would create enough floating profit for some of that to go into a bonus. It'd depend on how creative DC's accounting is, who gets a bonus and how big it is, and I just don't have those answers.

As for the switch to digital......I think it's happening, across print industries. But you can't expect a fundamental way of life to change in a few short years. Besides, a hard and fast switch would cost a lot of readers who don't want to, or can't, afford the change. Stuff like this happens slowly.

And the comic's code......that just needs to stay gone forever. I'm all for kid-focused entertainment but you don't need a restrictive code to do that.
    Last edited by Ascended; 04-04-2018 at 04:33 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    You know the reason Lois and Jon and he is wearing the trunks "might" be that Superman gets tossed into the past,HIS OWN past.back when Lois didn't know Clark was super,no Jon,and he was wearing trunks.

And Kara is there because she gets freed early either by the bad guy or Superman needing Kryptonian backup.

This could also be how they bring Kon back,by changing the new Reborn past so he gets created.

This could be how super KEEPS the trunks in the present

Kara older and in sync with the tv show

Lois and Jon back and in normal reality not convergence reality

Kon here and having history that we all know and love
    I... I actually love this idea.
    Marvel Pull - Fantastic Four, The Immortal Hulk
    DC Pull - The Green Lantern, Goddess Mode
    Indie Pull - The Wrong Earth, High Heaven

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby Krackle View Post
    Cool ideas, but lois & jon are already in current continuity, and convergence was retconned after reborn.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby Krackle View Post

Thank you,I was just trying to toe everything together in a way that makes some form of sense.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Cool ideas, but lois & jon are already in current continuity, and convergence was retconned after reborn.
    Well then they will be back even in my lil idea above,still doesnt make anything I wrote unable to happen or work.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    The thing with the bonuses would depend on how DC juggles their accounting. I know with Marvel, they'll sometimes take "extra" revenue generated by a high-selling title and use that to keep a lower-selling (but acclaimed) book in print. They did it with David's X-Factor for quite a while I guess. If DC does something similar, then the "extra" sales from Batman might be what helps keep Red Hood or Nightwing or some other Bat-office title going. But I don't know. It's possible that a title that pulls 100K or more would create enough floating profit for some of that to go into a bonus. It'd depend on how creative DC's accounting is, who gets a bonus and how big it is, and I just don't have those answers.

As for the switch to digital......I think it's happening, across print industries. But you can't expect a fundamental way of life to change in a few short years. Besides, a hard and fast switch would cost a lot of readers who don't want to, or can't, afford the change. Stuff like this happens slowly.

And the comic's code......that just needs to stay gone forever. I'm all for kid-focused entertainment but you don't need a restrictive code to do that.
    Hmm never considered that but these days is it I don't think it's even possible to generate the right amount of sales to make float profit to hand out as a bonus. Maybe they are but I wonder is it possible to revive interest in printed media? Even if the COmics Code was revived what chances are there that any writers would actually like the idea at all? This fellow Shawn James might not understand the how to build a brand either as he believes the characters should come first over the creators but he underestimates the power of a creator and the weight their name carries at times. Harry Potter is at the forefront of the Harry Potter franchise but so is J.K. Rowling and her name carries just as much clout as her creation's name. And anything she does can impact the Harry Potter brand and when something goes wrong readers aren't looking at Harry Potter they are looking at Rowling. In the same vein Shawn James's toxic online presence and views will carry a similar impact on his books and brand.

BANNED

Bendis' old boss Joe Quesada has drawn a Superman pic to promote his trip to Fan Expo Dallas

While it always makes me feel a bit dirty, it's fun to do the occasional off the beaten path sketch. Who's coming to Fan Expo Dallas this weekend?
    https://twitter.com/JoeQuesada/statu...expo-dallas%2F

BANNED

Details from DC's Retailer Conference at C2E2

-The three stories contained in DC Nation#0 will be the "linchpin" of DC going forward
    -DC Nation Magazine will launch a month after DC Nation#0
    -Five Million copies of AC#1000 have been ordered
    -There will be a radio media campaign for AC#1000
    -Super Sons will continue as a series of ongoing graphic novels for the Zoom and Ink line...it is not known if they will be canonical or not

https://www.newsarama.com/39287-c2e2...nly-panel.html

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Details from DC's Retailer Conference at C2E2

-The three stories contained in DC Nation#0 will be the "linchpin" of DC going forward
    -DC Nation Magazine will launch a month after DC Nation#0
    -Five Million copies of AC#1000 have been ordered
    -There will be a radio media campaign for AC#1000
    -Super Sons will continue as a series of ongoing graphic novels for the Zoom and Ink line...it is not known if they will be canonical or not

https://www.newsarama.com/39287-c2e2...nly-panel.html
    Well that is new but will Tomasi be writing them? Otherwise it's not going to work if Pearson is the one doing it. Just like he was slated to do for that out of continuity one.

BANNED

Any ideas on those 3 stories that will form the linchpin?

How often do these graphic novels get published cause if it's too long,it might kill the fun that was in their comic

BANNED

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Quesada draws Superman like he's Michael Shannon.