Page 56 of 110 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Well, it's sexist and wrong. Plus promiscuous men are far more likely to actually hurt someone

haha, I meant the costume. I never understood Psylocke's costume. I know about the whole body switch thing. Vaguely, that is. But I know they're separate now.
    Re; Psylocke: Duh... ok, lol.

Re: Hero vs. villain: And... Pietro and Wanda have been going back and forth for a long time now. I personally think they have more heroic qualities than not and I would rather they settle on the side of being heroes once and for all.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post

Re: Hero vs. villain: And... Pietro and Wanda have been going back and forth for a long time now. I personally think they have more heroic qualities than not and I would rather they settle on the side of being heroes once and for all.
    Despite Wanda's current rep, she's had very few moments as an actual villain. So it's not back and forth for a while. That really takes away from the decades she spent as a hero and an Avenger to make it seem like she was undecided on where she stood.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Despite Wanda's current rep, she's had very few moments as an actual villain. So it's not back and forth for a while. That really takes away from the decades she spent as a hero and an Avenger to make it seem like she was undecided on where she stood.
    Part of the problem is her current depiction isn't very favorable, so this may affect her perception. I hope WandaVision is reversing that.

As for Pietro, I think he needs more heroic appearances as well

Sorry, didn't mean to say you were saying that.

And yeah, Maury is a good example! Not to mention guys like Weinstein!
    It's a funny thing you mention Weinstein. Because it took a long time for his crimes to catch up with him. I always liked Woody Allen. Hell, Midnight in Paris is one of the very few movies I genuinely enjoyed in the entirety of the 21st century. And it combined two genres I don't usually enjoy at all: Fantasy and Romance. BUT, I was surprised that he still had a viable career at that time due to his somewhat notorious personal life. But now, I don't think he's working anymore. His past has caught up with him too. I have to admit that the whole Me Too movement caught me off guard. Maybe I'm just really naive or I don't act aggressively around women, but I was SHOCKED to learn that so many ladies have been groped, fondled and kissed without their consent by men. I mean, what kind of dudes do that ****?! It's sick.

No problem. Personally I'm not into any of it
    Personally, I am.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    It's a funny thing you mention Weinstein. Because it took a long time for his crimes to catch up with him. I always liked Woody Allen. Hell, Midnight in Paris is one of the very few movies I genuinely enjoyed in the entirety of the 21st century. And it combined two genres I don't usually enjoy at all: Fantasy and Romance. BUT, I was surprised that he still had a viable career at that time due to his somewhat notorious personal life. But now, I don't think he's working anymore. His past has caught up with him too. I have to admit that the whole Me Too movement caught me off guard. Maybe I'm just really naive or I don't act aggressively around women, but I was SHOCKED to learn that so many ladies have been groped, fondled and kissed without their consent by men. I mean, what kind of dudes do that ****?! It's sick.
    It is sick. I knew women faced this kind of behavior but even I didn't know the extent of it! Of course Allen has been the subject of rumors for almost 30 years now.

It is sick. I knew women faced this kind of behavior but even I didn't know the extent of it! Of course Allen has been the subject of rumors for almost 30 years now.
    What I don't get and will probably never understand is how fellas think by "exposing and/or pleasuring themselves" and walking around in their underwear or even buck naked in front of women is supposed to turn those ladies on. That's just CRAZY to me. I do think the comic books try to avoid this kind of thing? Hawkeye kissing Wanda way back in the day would definitely be considered a form of sexual assault now. There is no sexual harassment in comics, I don't think.

Ultimate Member

What I don't get and will probably never understand is how fellas think by "exposing and/or pleasuring themselves" and walking around in their underwear or even buck naked in front of women is supposed to turn those ladies on. That's just CRAZY to me. I do think the comic books try to avoid this kind of thing? Hawkeye kissing Wanda way back in the day would definitely be considered a form of sexual assault now. There is no sexual harassment in comics, I don't think.
    I think those men only cared about their own joy, and turning women on never really factored into it in the first place.

I think comics as I've read them now don't have sexual harassment or assault at all, thankfully

I think those men only cared about their own joy, and turning women on never really factored into it in the first place.

I think comics as I've read them now don't have sexual harassment or assault at all, thankfully
    That "joy" is pretty vile in my opinion. Oh, and by the way, I still love Hawkeye. He backed off on Wanda then and understood that he overstepped his bounds. He's a good dude.

Ultimate Member

That "joy" is pretty vile in my opinion. Oh, and by the way, I still love Hawkeye. He backed off on Wanda then and understood that he overstepped his bounds. He's a good dude.
    Yeah, I think the characters now pretty much respect each others' boundaries

BANNED

Part of the problem is her current depiction isn't very favorable, so this may affect her perception. I hope WandaVision is reversing that.

As for Pietro, I think he needs more heroic appearances as well
    Most people are not hardcore comic fans. Thus the overall public perception of Wanda is set by the MCU.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Most people are not hardcore comic fans. Thus the overall public perception of Wanda is set by the MCU.
    In that case could her overall perception be improving?

https://screenrant.com/doctor-strang...theory-reason/

Let's face it, if MCU Pietro shows up in the Multiverse of Madness and Clea doesn't, we might as well call Strange's sequel the Scarlet Witch and Doctor Strange (in that order). I'm not cool with that!

I really like ATJ's Quicksilver, but ever since taking part in discussions in Strange's thread, I've become a bigger fan of his and Clea's. If Wanda's family (her brother and her kids play such a huge part in his movie, it takes away from Stephen's own story. I feel that's wrong). Besides, I want to learn more about magic in his movie next year!
    Last edited by Albert1981; 03-28-2021 at 12:33 PM.

Ultimate Member

https://screenrant.com/doctor-strang...theory-reason/

Let's face it, if MCU Pietro shows up in the Multiverse of Madness and Clea doesn't, we might as well call Strange's sequel the Scarlet Witch and Doctor Strange (in that order). I'm not cool with that!

I really like ATJ's Quicksilver, but ever since taking part in discussions in Strange's thread, I've become a bigger fan of his and Clea's. If Wanda's family (her brother and her kids play such a huge part in his movie, it takes away from Stephen's own story. I feel that's wrong). Besides, I want to learn more about magic in his movie next year!
    Well, QS is a much bigger character than Clea tbh.

But I wouldn't expect Pietro to have a big role in MoM even if he does appear. If they bring him back via multiverse it would probably be a glorified cameo and he gets further roles down the line.

As for Clea, I think she'd appear in a more central role

Well, QS is a much bigger character than Clea tbh.

But I wouldn't expect Pietro to have a big role in MoM even if he does appear. If they bring him back via multiverse it would probably be a glorified cameo and he gets further roles down the line.

As for Clea, I think she'd appear in a more central role
    I agree Quicksilver is a much bigger character than Clea in the wider Marvel Universe. But I think Clea is WAY bigger when it come to Strange than Pietro is. I mean, she's such a big part of Stephen's history.