Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Default X-Men Red #5 Review/Spoilers - The Hour of Uranos

We open to Kurt and Cable chatting with the Great Ring on what to do. Idyll is busy zoning out, so Ora translates a prophecy Idyll is apparently making: "An empty heart beats the hardest. An empty hand deals the impossible blow. And the stalement ends with victory's loss."

Uranos shows off, and Isca's power makes her switch sides. She beheads Idyll. Kurt decides to take her off the board by teleporting her to one of Arakko's oceans.

The armories of Uranos activated when he left the exclusion. Machines of death pop up and start wreaking havoc. Within 30 seconds, 11,553 deviants have been corrected.

Over the next few minutes, there's more destruction: SWORD station 2 falls, the art hippies are caught, and Uranos summons a robot fist to punch Ora in the eye. But he's interrupted by Legion, who calls him out to fight. Legion goes down, off-screen, in 35 minutes. Mags, Cable, Logos and Xilo choose to fight Uranos, while Lactuca and Sobunar leave to defend the rest of Arakko.

Nova (Richard Rider, not my boy Sam) holds the line somewhere else, so civilians from other worlds can evacuate safely. After beating Nightcrawler, Isca fell into the ocean and now fights a squid/angler thingy.

In less than fourteen minutes of Uranos' arrival, he punches a hole through Magneto. Cable summons his most powerful weapon, the Omega-One Pulse. It fires hard light bullets along a tunnel of radiation, and can melt osmium. It weakens Uranos and makes him bleed from the mouth, but he's otherwise perfectly fine. The weapon jams about three minutes later, and Uranos kills Cable.

Within 19 minutes of Uranos' arrival, all but 13.5% of Xilo's mass is reduced, and a millennia of eye-witnessed history is lost forever. Brand dies 15 seconds later.

From the dark side of Arakko, the Fisher King feels the wind change. "It is time. Night has fallen."

Luckily for Uranos, he's automatically teleported away before Hellion could show up and kick his ass. But an hour has passed, and 90% of life within a fifty mile radius of Uranos is gone. Ora, Lodus and Xilo have survived... And so has Magneto, who seems to have a glowing pink core in his chest.

Magneto: "This is war. A war we are losing. And so the seat of loss takes command."

The Hour of Magneto begins. The Year of Hellion has already started.

Notes:
    • Khorra, Sunspot and Wrongslide appear in a shot as thye fight machines. The anrration says that the Brotherhood of Arakko are fighting.
    • Magneto's core has little squiggly lines in it. Maybe it's Xilo's wormy things, holding him together?
    • After Idyll dies, her pet serpent thing just kind of looks to the side awkwardly, looking a little uncomfortable. It's never seen again after this scene, but I hope it survived Uranos' attack.
    • Lactuca can talk and has quite a few lines in this issue.
    • Bb Sobunar.
    Last edited by Rift; 08-03-2022 at 07:16 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

BANNED

Uranus curbstomped Magneto within 5 minutes, Haller in a single minute and within three minutes Cable was stomped by that douchebag copy uugggggghhhh. This is the least favorite issue from AL Ewing and I don't even blame him.

Let's goooo!! Daddy Omega Magneto and his omega pacemaker have entered.

I'm relieved most of the Great Ring survived and though he died, Cable went out like a grade A champion with his Omega gun. Brand went out like a chump who just stood there.

Xilo is king and the Arakki are omega survivors. Ora maimed but alive, Lodus ready to fight, Lactuca out in space doing damage control.It was great to see the Brotherhood (including Miss Khora and Wrongslide), artists, and merchants fighting and some still surviving. [B}Much appreciation to Nova for providing cover for civilians to escape.[/B] I just hope Sobunar will be okay, which leads me to...

Isca can F@%! all the way off! I wasn't ready to hate on her until I read the issue but after brutally killing Idyll, dislocating Kurt's arm, and taking a chunk out of Sobunar? She's dead to me because did she really have to fight against her people like that or could she have just dipped out and let Uranos do his thing?

I want Ororo to wreck her into pieces just like OmegNeto is about to wreck the Armories.

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Lots of death and carnage. Cool.

Mad he beat Legion, I'll just assume the wrong personality took over.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    Uranus curbstomped Magneto within 5 minutes, Haller in a single minute and within three minutes Cable was stomped by that douchebag copy uugggggghhhh. This is the least favorite issue from AL Ewing and I don't even blame him.
    But at least Cable made him bleed. I take great solace in that. And Nathan always learns from his mistakes.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

BANNED

Cable's big gun didn't do a scratch on him from what I recall. Al Ewing had to make Magneto weak so that the douchebag gets to be characterized the way a teambuster does.

EDIT: I guess I am wrong about Cable(bc I don't remember that) but damn that douchebag literally stomped Haller within a minute.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Lots of death and carnage. Cool.

Mad he beat Legion, I'll just assume the wrong personality took over.
    I'm definitely interested in seeing what went down in the Legion of X tie-in.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    But at least Cable made him bleed. I take great solace in that. And Nathan always learns from his mistakes.
    Yeah that weapon weakened him. Well done.

BANNED

I will say this outright. I hate the overuse of that archetype to creates all the Darkseids that has happened over the years. I hope this character doesn't appears at all after this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Isca can F@%! all the way off! I wasn't ready to hate on her until I read the issue but after brutally killing Idyll, dislocating Kurt's arm, and taking a chunk out of Sobunar? She's dead to me because did she really have to fight against her people like that or could she have just dipped out and let Uranos do his thing?
    To be fair to Isca, she didn't have much time before she was flipped, and it's not like Idyll gave her a head's up. Though if Sobby is dead because of her, she's dead to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    To be fair to Isca, she didn't have much time before she was flipped, and it's not like Idyll gave her a head's up. Though if Sobby is dead because of her, she's dead to me.
    I see what you did there. I'm just like damn, did she have to do Idyll like that? That was cold.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Cable did make him bleed. He died valiantly.

Admittedly, Erik’s survival took me out of the story for a moment. It just seemed so unbelievable to me that he could survive such an assault, especially since blood is made up of less than 50% metal, i.e., iron, which makes it unlikely that he'd be able to control all of its flow in place of a heart. However, I was and am able to suspend disbelief in this case because, overall, Ewing did a fantastic job. Admittedly, I fully expect Jean and Exodus to be able to do the same, especially since their telekinesis is not bound to metal.

Lastly, Legion “may be the most powerful being to exist.” Interesting.

Overall, great issue.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post

I haven't read the issue yet but I don't think she has a chose. Her mutant powers are very specific...she must always win, even if that means turning against her own people.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 08-03-2022 at 06:54 AM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

This Issue was GOOD 10 10 10 10 10 ACROSS the Boards.

I mean we ALL KNEW Isca the Baldheaded Traitor was going to Turn. Are we surprised? No, and this is why i'm glad Storm is going to kick her Ass later for this treachery.

I love the Countdown that's pretty cool. Love to see the Arakki band together and fight off these Arsenals. I'm glad to see that Khora is a possible Member of the Brotherhood. And it was a Joy to see Nova holding it down(he's getting a Seat) IDK what ya'll say he is. Not sure why the Fisher King was just sitting at home the Entire War...kind of strange. I mean I know he is the Night seat, but still just sitting there while a Big battle is going is strange.

The GR Fight was Cool. I wish Magneto did more instead of throwing Spikey Metal at Uranos, but that's ok. Magneto was a G at the End. I call BULLSH** on Uranos being Immune to Ora's Powers, but whatever moving on. It's good to See Sobunar and Lacutca use their powers. I enjoyed seeing Abigail Brand biting the Dust :-) And Cable he's definitely coming back for revenge.

I LAUGHED so hard, seeing Legion showing up to save the day ONLY to get his ass whooped off Panel within 35min.
    Last edited by Cyclone_Ablaze; 08-03-2022 at 06:58 AM.

My biggest takeaway from this issue is that Khorra seems to have joined the Brotherhood and I truly love that for her and for us.

I don't envy the writer (probably Ewing) that has to figure out how to believably take out Uranos. Mans took out Legion in a minute? We need some Uranos kryptonite ASAP. If they can somehow get that snake Isca back on their side she could do it, but I'm truly over her trifling ass.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

So on panel only Cable, Brand and Idyll died?

Wonder what will happen to the snake she (and her father before her) always carried around.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================